.NET and Visual C runtime files

• Aerosoft

Please note you need the .NET distribution (dotnetfx.exe) and the Visual C++ run time files (vcredist_x86.exe) to run all parts of this product. Almost all users will already have this installed, but in case something does not work as it should, do install these two files. They are near standard parts of the modern Windows system.

Mathis, you should know that while I was able to run dot.net, Visual C came up with "not supported on a 64-bit system." I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

While I have your ear: in response to my post 'First flight, first crash,' Joachim very helpfully suggested that I should install three files as well as the ones above. I haven't done so yet, and in the light of your post to which I'm replying, I wonder whether or not I should go ahead and install them?

BTW: my first crash came very quickly.I then flew for an hour with no problem, landed and switched from B to MB, began to experiment with the cockpit switches. Engine erected perfectly, but then - identical CTD...

• Aerosoft

Mathis, you should know that while I was able to run dot.net, Visual C came up with "not supported on a 64-bit system." I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

While I have your ear: in response to my post 'First flight, first crash,' Joachim very helpfully suggested that I should install three files as well as the ones above. I haven't done so yet, and in the light of your post to which I'm replying, I wonder whether or not I should go ahead and install them?

BTW: my first crash came very quickly.I then flew for an hour with no problem, landed and switched from B to MB, began to experiment with the cockpit switches. Engine erected perfectly, but then - identical CTD...

Well for sure the Visual C runtimes are needed, I suggest you search the MS site for the 64 bit versions.