Mathijs Kok

.NET and Visual C runtime files

Mathis, you should know that while I was able to run dot.net, Visual C came up with "not supported on a 64-bit system." I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

While I have your ear: in response to my post 'First flight, first crash,' Joachim very helpfully suggested that I should install three files as well as the ones above. I haven't done so yet, and in the light of your post to which I'm replying, I wonder whether or not I should go ahead and install them?

BTW: my first crash came very quickly.I then flew for an hour with no problem, landed and switched from B to MB, began to experiment with the cockpit switches. Engine erected perfectly, but then - identical CTD...

Mathis, you should know that while I was able to run dot.net, Visual C came up with "not supported on a 64-bit system." I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

While I have your ear: in response to my post 'First flight, first crash,' Joachim very helpfully suggested that I should install three files as well as the ones above. I haven't done so yet, and in the light of your post to which I'm replying, I wonder whether or not I should go ahead and install them?

BTW: my first crash came very quickly.I then flew for an hour with no problem, landed and switched from B to MB, began to experiment with the cockpit switches. Engine erected perfectly, but then - identical CTD...

Well for sure the Visual C runtimes are needed, I suggest you search the MS site for the 64 bit versions.