Nice X - Request Patch, Suggestion or Refund

cmpbllsjc

Hello Ightenhill,

As I see it you are also a paying customer of an Nvidia graphics card that cant handle certain textures have you beaten down Nvidia about this issue.

My card cost me £400+and it cant handle a texture without causing an issue. I think what you want is the scenery developer to put right an Nvidia issue

why dont you complain to Nvidia about this issue as I see it you dont have an issue with putting your point over.

We are looking into the shimmering problem and its on the agenda of the main problems we are having, we know its an issue but not one we caused and will be one of the points in the fortnightly main issue mails going to the office.

But as I said there are two sides to this argument so unless you give Nvidia as much hassle as you are given the devs over this may I suggest you sit back and let us try to resolve an issue we ultimately didn't start.

But as I said there are two sides to this argument so unless you give Nvidia as much hassle as you are given the devs over this may I suggest you sit back and let us try to resolve an issue we ultimately didn't start.

There are not two sides two an argument when you sell a product that does not have a disclaimer on it... I am getting tired of this same argument.. I have no issue with the dev trying his best to fix it but I have a serious issue with this lame "Its all Nvidias fault" excuse thats being thrown about.. If this was known from day one I fail to understand why the product came out of beta and was released without either being fixed (which other developers seem to manage ) or a disclaimer being attached in the first place..

• Upvote 1

Hello

You sell an beautifull addon, we all agree. But it don't work properly on all major systems(Shimmering but bad fps too). I think the beta tests was not sufficient. the problem is here and we are disappointed.

Say that this is due to nvidia cards or to our settings is too easy. Maybe the problem appear with the nvidia cards but in this case, you can make other choices in the development. Other products (include other addons from aerosoft) have not these problems, therefore it's possible to develop without this problem.

More, some problem appear with nvidia card and others with ATI cards. You can't say every times "this is due to Nvidia", or "This is due to ATI ...

There were a mistake or a bad choice during the development. Ok, we can understand that and wait for a solution. No problem

I don't say that I'll never bought an addon made or sold by Aerosoft, of course. But I hope you go to solve these problems.

Hello Tulma,

And that is exactly why its going to be mentioned at the fortnightly e-mail of problems that keep reoccurring.

A possible solution is to make a set of mip-mapped textures that can be downloaded as an extra for folks who

have the shimmering issue.

Sure the problem is resolvable, but All I'm trying to state is that this issue has been around for years with Nvidia cards and

Nvidia didn't seem to want to resolve the issue at source, leaving it to the devs to sort and customer like you good folks to get annoyed.

I agree its not right but who to put the blame on the card or the devs.. Its a discussion that could go on forever and a day depending on the way you think

but I'm sure it will all come good at the end of the day.

As for when I said about getting an ATI card next time is my way of showing my personal disapproval at the whole affair of the shimmering issue.

There are not two sides two an argument when you sell a product that does not have a disclaimer on it... I am getting tired of this same argument.. I have no issue with the dev trying his best to fix it but I have a serious issue with this lame "Its all Nvidias fault" excuse thats being thrown about.. If this was known from day one I fail to understand why the product came out of beta and was released without either being fixed (which other developers seem to manage ) or a disclaimer being attached in the first place..

You choose to ignore my post about ATI cards , cos it doesn't suit you...But does it say on the REX box, or download, not suitable for ATI cards cos they can't handle cloudtextures? And yet do a search on any given forum, type ATI versus nVidia, and the clouds issue will be brought up.( among other reasons why ATI s*cks) I accepted it as being a flaw in the card and wished those developers tried as hard as aerosoft does to solve the problems

I can understand your dissapointment, I am not kissing ass here, if there is something wrong it should be adressed. But aerosoft does adress it, and more then that. You just refuse to even consider the fact that there are more then one reason for your problems.

jeroen

• Upvote 1

A possible solution is to make a set of mip-mapped textures that can be downloaded as an extra for folks who

have the shimmering issue.

Sure the problem is resolvable, but All I'm trying to state is that this issue has been around for years with Nvidia cards and

Nvidia didn't seem to want to resolve the issue at source, leaving it to the devs to sort and customer like you good folks to get annoyed.

I agree its not right but who to put the blame on the card or the devs.. Its a discussion that could go on forever and a day depending on the way you think

but I'm sure it will all come good at the end of the day.

As for when I said about getting an ATI card next time is my way of showing my personal disapproval at the whole affair of the shimmering issue.

I agree with your opinion. Nvidia cause problems (like ATI for other issues). Drivers after drivers, many problems continue. And I'm afraid that nvidia don't correct anything about FSX.

All this cause a real big problem for the developpers and sometimes some dicussion with their consummers :D

Hello Ightenhill,

Without going off the subject then, why is it that Nvidia cards cannot handle these textures.

Why am I even expected to answer this.. Please answer!!

I paid money for a product that doesn't basically work as advertised yet has no disclaimer regarding using an Nvidia product... Email sent Refund now expected...

As for the Rex argument.. I dont have a single problem with Rex!!! (Should have I admitted that or will Aerosoft tell me Rex is incompatible with all there products next)

I apologise in advance for the tone of this response but my unbelief at the way Aerosoft are handling this and Shauns attempt to shift the blame leave me staggering with utter disbelief...

PS Isiah .. I did not ignore your post, so I suggest you stop trying to make yourself important in this issue and basically blurring the issue.. At the end of the day my conversation is simply not aimed at you its with the people who took my money. I have purchased over 20 Aerosoft products in the past few years all of which I have been happy with not only in there performance but in there support.. I accept here the dev is trying to resolve the issue but the tone of Shauns responses as a representative of Aerosft is becoming nothing short of insulting to a childs intelligence to say the least and I expect this to change at the very least...

• Upvote 1

Ok guys, lets not get to crazy here or the topic will get locked. No one is more disappointed than me, especially since I started the topic.

Aside from the argument about ATI vs. nVidia, what I am wondering is what was different in the production of this scenery as opposed to the sceneries made by the German Airport Team. If the sceneries made by them work well with nVidia cards, then what did they do different than the team that made Nice X. Or for that matter, what do FSDreamteam, FlyTampa, Imaginsim, Tropicalsim, RG Flight, BluePrint, and Sim-Giants do differently in the developement of their airports that make them work well with nVidia cards.

I think for all of us that have nVidia that work fine with all other sceneries are wondering the same thing.

It seems that when NiceX was developed it was either modeled or textured in a different fashion than most other sceneries are.

Anyway, I hope since the devs appear to be looking into solutions, I hope that they will be able to figure something out.

I don't know what the relationship is like between the German Airport Team and the guys that did this scenery as far as who works for who, but maybe they could take a look at the original files/models and see if they could do something?

• Upvote 1

Hello Ightenhill,

No need to apologise, but Aerosoft are looking into this issue as Thorsten and I will be head banging soon to try to get all major problems resolved.

This is actually one of the bigger issues that are always cropping up and we need to do something about it and make threads like this a thing of the past..

I have read a few posts on the net as to this issue with Nvidia and shimmering and unfortunately its not only Flight Simmers that suffer from this issue.

• Upvote 1

Ok

You show a very good technical support about NiceX. I appreciate your efforts to give us a playable and nice scenery, after some disappointment :unsure: .

Thank for your work and I wait for a new pacth with many impatience and hope :)

Luc

Hey guys, my FS has now been setup by Michael from FS-GS. I am in the process of reinstalling my addons. I just tried Nice... The performance is good and the shimmering has been reduced. It's not perfect but I can live with it like that ;)

Now that my graphic card and Sim is setup correctly the graphics are jaw breaking :D

I can only highly recommend fs-gs services.

I can only highly recommend fs-gs services.

I too highly recommend the service that FS-GS provides. It has completely changed the way my simulator looks and functions. I am now able to enjoy many of my addons which include Aerosoft's product with a flawless setup. This has been the best investment I have made for my simulation experiences.

Regards,

David

Hello Folks,

I tested some textures out for the ground and they seem to have no shimmer.

Hopefully they'll release them soon. However there is an effect on the roof of the building near the control tower, but this is due to the

the texture being banded with two contrasting colours and you often see the same effect on TV when folks wear shiny suits that have stripes down them.

I'm hoping they'll get them online ASAP.

Shaun, that's a funny comparison, the TV. We have definately entered the digital Era. I still have a very old 3:4 analog tv. Recently my cable company has started transmitting some programs in digital High Defenition. Lol, now that's shimmering. Vertically and horizontally :wacko: It's worse than FSX :lol:

Gerrit

Ok, then, no change for me

I've always many shimmering on building and ground (with Mipmaps, antilaliasing and Anisotrop)

Others users have this problem too ?