Nice X - Request Patch, Suggestion or Refund

cmpbllsjc

Thank for the information :)

For me this patch is totally useless. It's worse than before.

May be I made a mistake, or I forgot something, but I've more shimmering now ( on all the parts of the airport : taxis, runways, signs, objects and buildings ) :wacko:

Peter, I just tried the patch and it hasn't helped much. I noticed you added mips to a few things like signs, blast walls and details, but unfortunately this doesn't fix the shimmering with everything else in the scenery like the ground textures, terminals, cars, parking lots, etc.

Like the posters above I am not satisfied with the results. What else can we do?

On a side note, I mipped a lot of the textures aside from the ones you did and it help a bit more than the patch, but the scenery is still not up to standards of what it could be.

Please let us know if you are planning to continue to try and get this scenery fixed. I would love to purchase more Aerosoft products, but until this one is working as well as every other scenery on my system I am afraid my debit card will continue to be in a holding pattern.

Bruce, I gave your setting a try and didn't make a difference. My water wasn't set very high to start with anyway, but thanks for the suggestion. I think it's just the fact of the lack of mips thats causing it since it doesn't occure else where.

Typically 22R has not been in use since I downloaded the patch and I didnt really have a shimmering problem before (though now Im not sure if I have gained one).. Will have to try again today ..

Thought I would show off the J41 at Nice though :rolleyes:

1-154.jpg

Yes, Thank for the information.

But as we said above, the improvement is very poor, too poor. There is always many shimmering on the most of the parts : Buildings and terminals, ground textures, parkings ...

For me, the problem is not solved -_- .

Hello Tulma,

Sorry, could you be a little more specific.

Can you take a few pictures with the co-ords (Shift+Z) showing and point out the areas your still having issues with.

It's difficult to see shimmering/Flashing/Flickering with a picture. I made a movie with FSX (.FSR) but I can't upload

it here (I've the message : "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file")

Yes, Thank for the information.

But as we said above, the improvement is very poor, too poor. There is always many shimmering on the most of the parts : Buildings and terminals, ground textures, parkings ...

For me, the problem is not solved -_- .

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the patch and can confirm the same issues too. The problem is still there, i haven't checked the AFCAD 22R issue yet but the shimmering is still very present.

Regards,

David

I did the patch with same results as described by Kai and Sean in post 77/78, tulma in 83 and David in 86.

When I am approching Nice - doesn't matter from which direction - I don't need any NAV-instruments or charts.

I only have to look at the flicker at the horizon and can be shure: that's Nice!

Having landed and parked - doesn' matter where - indeed all contours and details of the buildings look a bit sharper as in my other sceneries.

But when I restart the engine and the aircraft begins to move again, all this crispyness (hope this is a word in English) is gone, and this horrible flicker and shimmering returns.

It isn't of use for me to have a sceenery that is exclusively suitable for immobile screenshots.

So my debit card will be blocked for all aerosoft-inhouse-scenery until this "abnormal" way of scenery design will be changed.

regards, Remark

Shaun,

Just to echo what the fellows said above, I agree. The problems are really no better. There were only about 15 to 20 textures that mip maps were added in the latest update. There are still problems with the terminals, parking lots, vehicles, ground textures, buildings that are flickering. I would have to agree with the guys above that this scenery so far has been a big disappointment compared to the way other Aerosoft airports perform that I have bought. I hope that Peter can continue to work at this aiport to improve the quality.

Same issue, installed update and shimmering/flickering is still present. As said by others it is noticeable flying inbound from any direction. The main distortion I can see is from the car park and the flat roofs of the large terminal buildings. Though it is also present on all the jetways, stairs, vertical surface on the control tower and runway/taxiway lines. The problem doesn't occur when you are on an aircraft stand looking at the terminal of flying directly over the carpark at 300ft

I have attached another screen shot highlighting the main areas of shimmering. It does show that you can be quite close to the buildings and still have the problem.

Jon

post-8525-125303417859_thumb.jpg

I don't find it makes it worse, but it makes no difference... I'll post a screenshot after eating, besides that it is a great looking airport and will fly from there with J41 tonight ;)

Im now convinced I have the shimmering even though I didn't have it before... :mad:

then - if I did read carefully - we have two video cards (mentioned in this post) which don't have this defect:

Nvidia 9500GT (50.-- EURO) and Mathijs' cheap wonder, the ATI 4650 (50.-- EURO).

All other video cards, mentioned in this post:

Nvidia 8600../8800../260.. and 285.. do have the "flickeritis".

Now Mathijs, take it! :)

Remark

then - if I did read carefully - we have two video cards (mentioned in this post) which don't have this defect:

Nvidia 9500GT and Mathijs' cheap wonder, the ATI 4650.

Remark

Yes,

my NVidia 9500 GT has no shimmering. A little bit, but not much shimmering. Maybe it's coz I have antialiasing only through FSX? In the NVidia configurator (don't know the correct english expression) I set: handle through application.

By the way....the more I fly from NiceX the more I like this scenery. Flying with PMDG's J4100 from Nice to Geneva (over FranceVFR's Alps) is a wonderful trip.

Bernhard

Nvidia 9500GT and Mathijs' cheap wonder, the ATI 4650.

Remark

Ok. I've a suggestion then : maybe Aerosoft could offer a 9500GT or a ATI 4650 with NiceX ... :lol:

I just took off from Nice to Geneva, and I still enjoy Nice ;)

Go back to Nice and post the screenshots, you have promised in post 91!

Otherwise we'll take care, that you have to wait in the stock above Geneva until you are out of ful! :ph34r:

Has anyone tried Nvidia looking for new drivers? A new set for the GForce 8 series was released last month.

Thank you for the tip,

I have version 190.62, released 17. August 2009.

Edit: I changed from -182.50- 3 days ago