Nice X - Request Patch, Suggestion or Refund

cmpbllsjc

I have a NVIDIA 9500 GT and absolute no problems with that scenery. No flickering and wonderful ground textures. Thank you for that great scenery. At the moment it's my most visited airport.

Bernhard

I'm experiencing the same shimmering effect with this airport. It's like there is no AA activated at all.

All others airports I have from ORBX (Tamworth,Cessnock,Avalon), Aerosoft (CDG X) or FS Dreamteam (Zurich,Geneva) don't have the same issue.

What can I do ?

configuration:

nvidia 8800 ultra (182.5)

CPU qx9650 o/c

4GB RAM

Just a thought for nhancer nvidia users.. if your using combinated AA change it to supersampling as combinated wont apply AA properly to all the available surfaces..

hi, can you please be more clearly?

what can we do with nHancer to correct the shimering?

thx

set up nhancer as the norm for an fsx situation... follow this http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041

however nick recommends combined which is a good AA method as it gives a bit of both (however it does not apply AA to all surfaces)

I suggest you tab out and change this and experiment with supersampling levels which is a better AA method. Do this whilst tabbing in and out as nhancer makes changes on the fly as well whilst FSX is running checking your FPS against the results.. To be honest FSX makes such a farce of using the gpu that I didnt see any difference with my FPS at any level even which shows how much this core engine could be improved if it learnt how to use the gpu properly but thats a different issue.. One thing you should notice is a huge improvement to a complex VC.. I don't know if this will work on Nice because to be honest I haven't got the problem your talking about but it sounds similar to an AA problem..

Unfortunately Combined is not supported for the 8x00 line of nVidia card. These 2 quotes in bold are from the nHancer website.

Combined modes

nVidia also offers a couple of combined anti-aliasing modes. These modes are using mutlisampling and supersampling at the same time. These modes are currently not available for 8x00 cards.

Also Supersampling is unavailable for the 8x00 line of cards.

Supersampling

Supersampling is a very straight forward method, that was also first introduced on Voodoo 4/5 cards. It's currently not available for 8x00 cards.

So, if your like me and have an 8800GTS 512, you can't use these two methods on AA. Nicks setting are fine if you have an nVidia card that suppors those settings, but if you don't you will have to go with settings that are supported by the video card you have.

These quotes I posted are from the nHancer website which explaines what the settings do and which cards cards support those settings.

In my case, with the 8800GTS 512, the best I can do is Multisampling. Which brings me back to my original point when I started this thread that there is a problem with the way the scenery was constructed or textured and not my OS, FSX, or settings. If I was having problems with all my other sceneries I would take a look at my settings, but like I mentioned before, only this scenery is not performing correctly. I had the system set up properly by a professional.

Thanks for pointing out a possible solution though. I will wait patiently for a solution by the developer/Aerosoft.

Thank for your advises :) I tried it

For me (geforce GTX260 wityh 185.85 drivers and nHancer), it's a little better with the supersampling 4x4 (less than 4x4 is useless) on the taxis and the runways. For the buildings, no changes, it's always the same problem.

however the fps dropped dramatically (about 10 fps). Result : it's not a real solution for this problem and I continue to wait a patch.

This is the point of nhancer though.. force your card to use an older method.. it has nothing to do with the type of card, you can force older methods on new cards but not the other way round.. FSX doesnt use the card properly.. In fact it hardly uses any features of the card and its often better to force your card to use an older totally incompatible method on the driver..

Anyway it was worth a try...

Hallo,

I did another test with my airports, that are designed by Germanaiport-team, dreamteam and Aerosoft-intern.

Nowhere else I saw this flickering of lines at taxiways/aprons, fences and architectural details.

Except one. - Guess which one!

It was MadeiraX, just like NiceX done by Aerosoft-intern.

The flickering is not so extremely disturbing there, because you can see only few lines at the same time there (unlike the wide field of Nice),

but I suppose it's the same cause as at Nice.

Airport-design with FSX seems to be difficult work.

A special method may be borderlined case at one airport (e.g. Madeira),

at another airport with other terrain-envirement this method of doing may cause unacceptable results (e.g. Nice).

But I am shure that Aerosoft will find a solution.

Servus, Remark

Hello,

It will soon give a Patch, which the problems with the shimering of the textures of the ground (lines and inscriptions) and blast fences repairs. The textures were equipped with mipmaps. In addition also the ai-traffic problem to the Runway 22R will be eliminated. Is always difficult to decide between high resolution and soft textures with mipmaps.

I hope that this is the solution! B)

If not, then please I to show the problem by further screenshot because further flickering problem can we not determine.

Best regards

• Upvote 2

Hello,

It will soon give a Patch, which the problems with the shimering of the textures of the ground (lines and inscriptions) and blast fences repairs. The textures were equipped with mipmaps. In addition also the ai-traffic problem to the Runway 22R will be eliminated. Is always difficult to decide between high resolution and soft textures with mipmaps.

I hope that this is the solution! cool.gif

If not, then please I to show the problem by further screenshot because further flickering problem can we not determine.

Best regards

Thanks for the update Peter. We look forward to enjoying this wonderful scenery.

Hello,

I hope that this is the solution! B)

Best regards

Thank you Peter

Regards,

David