Nice X - Request Patch, Suggestion or Refund

cmpbllsjc

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Thanks for the quick reply, however I am quite surprised with your answer, and as you probably guessed not exactly what I wanted to hear.

There is no way I am going to reformat my hard drive just for one airport that is not displaying correctly. Especially since the set up is pretty new and maintained well. Beside like I said, out of all of the addons I have that do display properly, it's just this one that doesn't.

Also, I haven't done anything radical to my computer as far as texture packs. I am just running GEX USA, Ultimate Terrain Europe, and FEX for clouds, sky, and water. I have no other texture replacements or upgrades.

Drivers and DX9 are up to date.

To be honest I'm not sure why a lot of other people aren't getting this besides the few that posted here, unless everyone elses is always like this and they just used to it.

Just to make sure were clear, I still have the original textures of the install before I mipmaped them. Tested both, and the mipped ones are cleaner, just the file sizes get a bit bigger and lessen performance.

The FSDT product I have installed also have pretty high res ground textures and I haven't have problems with those.

I guess I will have to wait and see what you say, however I am discourged that the fellow who designed this is not going to do anything since I have a non standard FSX.

For the most part I would think that most of us that are into simming don't have standard plain Jane FSX that are non standard.

BTW, don't you guys use FS-GS for your screen shot capture? According to their website on the front page it says that you do.

Anyway, aside from a reformat and reinstall, what can we do? I don't want to feel like going forward it's going to be a crap shoot buying sceneries here. I was planing on getting Monaco X to go with this, however now I am uncertain about it. Although, I understand that you publish a lot of other developers besides what Aerosoft makes.

Like I said, this is a topic that's always hard and I can't win, lol.

First of all, we have use FS-GS in the past for images but as far as I know we do not anymore. One of the reasons was that they showed things not all customers always saw. Most of the time we now use Nick or internal work. Nick can make a pile of horse dung look good but he is not using a highly tweaked FSX.

Second, as I said before, we sold hundreds of copies of this product, if everybody had your issues this forum would look very different, right? So we HAVE to assume it is something that does not play well on your system. Now I claim that the product will look fine if you would install a clean Windows, clean FSX SP2 and the product. I am not saying you should, I am saying it would. I am also saying that's all that we claim it does. I have no idea how your system is configured. We do try to help people with tweaked systems, we just can't guarantee anything. I am sure you see the logic in that.,

Third, on Monaco X. I checked the database. We got 11 serious events there where people had major issues, simular to what you got though they were more relate to mesh. Of these 11, we got 7 people who got a clean FSX.cfg and got the problems sorted out, 2 who had some weird freeware mesh installed that covered southern France even though it was for Switzerland, one person who managed to get the FS2004 installed in FSX and one person that did not tell us what happened. So I would again claim that there are no serious issues with this scenery. Now if you are afraid that your system will have the same issues as with Nice I would advise you not to order this product as, just as with Nice there is limited support I can give you if you are not willing to use a standard FSX.

Again I know that this answer is not what you like, but we got the same discussion with nearly any product. Hundreds of customers have no problem, a few that got problems and almost always they do not have a standard FSX. If you are willing to support these case for standard fees we like to discuss a job in customer support with you! Now lets end this on a pleasant note. If you send me all the cfg files that are NOT standard I'll gladly have a look at them to see if there is anything we know causes problems. I got some documents from MS that help with that.

But I like to be very clear, we can only promise this works with FSX and MS intended it to be and as described in the SDK's. (and that's assuming Windows and DirectX are fully okay)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Sean, Your post is well written. I to am having same problem.

So mathkos there more than a few wiht same problem. Like you Sean, I want correction.

Have purchase much from this company and most are very good. P.

Can you confirm you got the same issue with DX9 and a 'standard' FSX.cfg?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Also, I wouldn't discount FS-GS who set up my system. They have been around for years and provide a reputable service. heck they have even been reviewed by Avsim and Flightsim.com for the quality of their service. To say that my system is out of the norm or hopped is rediculous. I have a very mild overclock, up to date DX9 and video card drivers, and FSX with all the service packs installed correctly. I think that probably fits the description of most hardcore FSX users.

cmpbllsjc, sorry to say but you have an abnormal system. You have all kinds of cfg files that MS advises you not to touch changed. MS would not support you in any way because of that. Call them and see what they say (the scenery is 100% done to their SDK's after all) I don't know how you could call this a standard system. I am very sorry it it is not. As further proof I offer the hundreds of users who do NOT have problems on their systems that have not been changed like your system is. You say all these people are the ones with the systems out of the norm? And if this only happens on the system tweaked by FS-GS, why not talk to them? Seems rather logical, right? They are respectable and reputable as you say, I am sure they can sort out the issue, I am more than willing to send them a copy.

If you feel that this ridiculous our discussion is over rather quickly, however.

To other people.. apart from this small sidestep cmpbllsjc has been polite and to the point. Any nasty comments towards him and/or FS-GS will be removed just as I have removed them up till now. cmpbllsjc is a customer and as long as he is willing to let us proof it does work on a standard FSX his comments make good sense.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs here is the link for the thread re the AFD issue which seems to affect everyone and all AI set ups

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=28836

Perhaps you could be so kind as to point out where one should place it in a support forum for it to get noticed, as you say you are un aware of it despite the fact its now been posted 5 days ago and we all still await a solution..

Hello Mathijs,

first of all: please excuse my poor English, don't get annoyed if I don't find well put terms and please try to understand what I think and want to say.

I purchased NiceX after having read in this forum (not from you) that it would be compatible with the FlightRivieraPack of France-VFR.

First I deinstalled the Riviera-Bundle, then I installed NiceX.

The result was:

- Design of the scenery: great

- FPS: great

- Flickering: terrible

Then I reinstalled the Riviera-bundle and deactivated all included LFMN-files.

Result: as above (+ much better envirement).

Then I had FSX a virgin FS.cfg made.

Result: as above; terrible flickering of groundtextures (especialy lines) and of the filigree structures of architecture when the plane is mooving.

You may read the specifications of my computer below (see: PS below).

Nothing is tuned up, nothing special. All other sceneries are running perfectly.

???

With red eyes and headache

Servus, Remark

PS

UTX-Europe is deactivated longtime ago because I prefer photo-scenery

hello,

I have the same problem: something like aliasing in this scenery.

My config: Q9450, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GTX9800+, W7

FSX, Acceleration, REX, some sceneries (Aerosoft, FSDT, ...)

I tried with a lot of nHAncer settings, without results...

Maybe a problem with REX?

Screenshot:

5816792009_09_06_23_39_38_25.jpg

Mathijs,

Lets start over. I understand your position since you haven't had a whole lot of people with this issue so far. I know that it is hard to read into someones tone over the internet. To you, I probably sound like I am screaming in frustration. I really am not, but I want you to understand that my system is not a hack job like you think it is.

I would like to clear up something though from one of your replies when you stated that I have a bunch of modified cfg's. In my case that's not 100% correct and I don't see how you came to that conclusion. The only mods to my main .cfg is ones that installers make to it, like in the trusted gauges sections. The FS-GS service I mention, isn't a cfg tweaking service. Their focus is on system unification, such as making sure your operating system, drivers and things of that nature are set up an configured correctly. They are not about cfg tweaks, texture modifications, autogen mods and things of that nature.

If installing something to FSX makes it not standard, then your correct. As soon as I installed the Aerosoft F-16, German Airports 2, Maderia X and any other Aerosoft stuff then my system is not standard., however the Nice X product page doesn't say you have to have FSX with out anything else installed.

We can agree to disagree all day long about how my system is "standard" or "abnormal", but in the end it isn't going to help me fix my problem.

Hopefully you can understand how I feel. If you were in my shoes and had all the addons I have installed, then you installed 1 new airport and it didn't look the way it should, you would probably be on here asking questions as well.

Here's what I will do, but I am going to ask for help on your end to with the developer to see if there is anything he can do for the handfull of us suffering the flickers in this airport.

I will contact FS-GS on Tuesday and since you said you would be willing to provide them a copy, I will have them contact you or I will give you a way to contact them so that you can get a copy of Nice in their hands to test.

I will also post a copy of my FSX.cfg and also my Scenery.cfg here so you can take a look at it. You will notice that it's pretty default except the enteries made by other addon for gauges and such.

If this is fine let me know.

Just so you know, I have no hard feelings toward you or Aerosoft, and I hope the same in reverse. I just need you to understand that my system is not a tweak/hack job that you think it is ok? LOL

All I want to do is have you help me get to where I can enjoy this scenery that I have been looking forward to for a long time.

Regards,

Sean

• Upvote 1

Hi all

Here, my "fsx.cfg" (I'm not permitted to upload any file here) if this can help to find something about the problem

[GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

D3D10=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=1

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

See_Self=1

Text_Scroll=1

[sOUND]

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

SOUND_FADER1=0.450000

SOUND_FADER2=0.350000

SOUND_FADER3=0.500000

SOUND_FADER4=0.500000

AmbientUIMusic=FSX01

PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

SOUND=1

SOUND_QUALITY=2

SOUND_LOD=0

UISound=0

AmbientUI=0

[Display]

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64

NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64

InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0

InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0

InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=75

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

WideViewAspect=True

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

ProcSpeed=9859

PerfBucket=7

HideMenuNormal=0

HideMenuFullscreen=0

Maximized=1

Location=320,115,1360,893,\\.\DISPLAY1

DisablePreload=1

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

[PANELS]

IMAGE_QUALITY=1

DEFAULT_VIEW=1

QUICKTIPS=1

PANEL_OPACITY=100

PANEL_MASKING=1

PANEL_STRETCHING=1

UNITS_OF_MEASURE=1

[Weather]

WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

MinGustTime=10

MaxGustTime=500

MinGustRampSpeed=1

MaxGustRampSpeed=200

MinVarTime=5

MaxVarTime=50

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

WeatherServerPort=80

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

DynamicWeather=2

DownloadWindsAloft=0

DisableTurbulence=0

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3

DETAILED_CLOUDS=1

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8

THERMAL_VISUALS=0

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260.0]

Mode=1680x1050x32

Anisotropic=1

AntiAlias=1

[AccelerationPack]

ControlsFirstRun=0

HomePageFirstRun=0

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

KBDAIL=64

KBDELEV=64

KBDRUD=64

[TextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

GForce=1,3

FuelPercentage=1,4

[TextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

GForce=2,3

FuelPercentage=2,4

[slewTextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

[slewTextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

[Trusted]

E:\Addons jeux\FSX\Real Environment Xtreme\rexwxengine2.exe.heiktbtzwihbzwiiuobrhawwraltronazzbrwlkw=1

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.qlaqhruauutwbuecqttlqwtibozwnizwiqlrzrhe=1

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe.ihkboqohholoneeanewcqorqhbrrhliazicrinic=1

E:\Addons jeux\FSX\Contrails Pro\ContrailsProFSX.dll.areuchwkzqbwqiuazlrtchzkzeaqwlucazobkchw=1

E:\Addons jeux\FSX\Heli Traffic 2009\HeliTraffic2009.dll.ntluwtlocqueczzntnucoeehioncbauteiikhtuq=1

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.itukzinzqbkkqlatalewtqeekhqzaqheohqnibni=1

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll.ntuwcoutnhiuatnkcwzuklcbakcklbcwetwiqhze=1

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.uwocltboewkkrawqzcnkanekhoaczuuhwkicnibo=1

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.qletrhrceeiworztwhleonzwqrirtnqbiekzztcl=1

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.roecwlczkhhuualizrebwtquzhicrbhlltwuezke=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.lqttcnqtwleqbwkqluqtuhuckcacannrwnnowwle=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.olrnzzkrabzrhubkizentzhnzaqwacoolhallqla=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.wleqtztolockrawlwilkrriwclwteeibqlobelcn=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.krcehaeccbqawwbhowrbthqobnkoltkkcziiwbbi=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.hraonqubaewoqiiubhnncuerlauwuohkcrkekrcr=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\F1_C172R.GAU.eaowkhzrlqirzozuqlbnhrqqrlzobelbniirabqk=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA20F0.GAU.owatcbqzhqhthoaainzkqwnhizlutcllueeaacrq=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA20F1.GAU.uhrqhzkqolclebhkccqiwutztczcncoetwoikklz=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\RadioPA.GAU.ieequkzebhktrawailzlbraqenrwtcrnqqzoicer=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA20F7.GAU.ctncklbcktbbowbirwlulrereuzhnbakqtrabeqz=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.cqoeknqniblaiezarhbhliqqzrazttzknhkituko=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FsPassengers\bin\FsPassengersMini.DLL.ibhczeilcteibtzitbeiaqbikrawohzeitheecra=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.ekaekqiqzeqelkrurtnhahluohaeruwbkiiaozel=2

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\kingair.DLL.ankirqurhaconubobwzrkbizoooqnboctktkrlku=2

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000

MaxHeadAngle=5.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

[VirtualCopilot]

VirtualCopilotActive=0

[uSERINTERFACE]

PageID=1

OpenATCOnCreate=0

SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1

PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1

PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1

SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM

Map_Orientation=2

ShowAllACPaintSchemes=0

SelectAircraftManufacturer=Tous

SelectAircraftPublisher=Tous

SelectAircraftType=Tous

[ATC]

ShowATCText=1

COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF

COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6

COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B

COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00

COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840

AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0

UsePilotVoice=0

PilotVoice=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]

CycleSetting=0

[sCENERY]

LENSFLARE=1

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=20

GADensity=20

FreewayDensity=20

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40

LeisureBoatsDensity=40

IFROnly=0

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=75

MESH_RESOLUTION=23

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=26

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=5

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=37

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=900

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1500

[AContain]

ShowLabels=0

ShowUserLabel=0

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabelTailNumber=0

ShowLabelDistance=1

ShowLabelAltitude=1

ShowLabelAirline=0

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0

ShowLabelFlightPlan=0

ShowLabelContainerId=0

ShowLabelAirspeed=0

ShowLabelHeading=0

LabelDelay=1000

LabelColor=FFFF0000

[iNTERNATIONAL]

ASLAT=2

ASLON=0

MEASURE=1

[REALISM]

PFactor=1.000000

Torque=1.000000

GyroEffect=1.000000

CrashTolerance=1.000000

General=1.000000

UnlimitedFuel=False

AllowEngineDamage=True

TrueAirspeed=False

AutoCoord=False

RealMixture=True

StressDamage=True

GEffect=True

ManualLights=True

GyroDrift=False

CrashWithDyn=False

CrashDetection=True

AutoTrim=False

[sIM]

SYSCLOCK=1

[sTARTUP]

DEMO=0

SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1

STARTUP_DEMO=

LoadWindow=1

[FACILITIES]

COUNTRY=France

STATE=

CITY=Nice/Cote d'Azur

GTL_BUTTON=1316

[Misc]

Com_Rate=7

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=25000000

VoiceVolume=0.700000

[FlightPlanMap]

LineWidth=2

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_VORS=1

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

show_waypoints=1

show_airways=1

show_markers=1

show_volume_boundaries=1

show_ac_twr=1

[MULTIPLAYER]

condAccoutPassword=0

Here, the textures and mesh addons installed on my system

-REX2

-UTX

-MeshFrance from France VFR

-Mesh FSGenesis

Luc

I'm afraid I have to join the "problem people". I have also flickering problems with Nice. Mostly on fences and taxilines. I have to different installations of FSX, one in my standard Vista 64 environment with a huge amount of addons and one on my Windows 7 64 "playground" with only a few addons installed, but both running in DX 9 mode. Maybe I can do a clean installation on my W7 system this evening, because it is for playing around only to check if the flickering is gone after that.

Another Aerosoft comment would be appreciated...

• Developer

The simmering problem is a typically nVidia Issue. There is no way to fix it with nhancer, you only drop he framesrate there.

The only possible option I see is to provide a set of MIP MAP Textures for the related object, that can help.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

first of all: please excuse my poor English, don't get annoyed if I don't find well put terms and please try to understand what I think and want to say.

I purchased NiceX after having read in this forum (not from you) that it would be compatible with the FlightRivieraPack of France-VFR.

First I deinstalled the Riviera-Bundle, then I installed NiceX.

The result was:

- Design of the scenery: great

- FPS: great

- Flickering: terrible

PS

UTX-Europe is deactivated longtime ago because I prefer photo-scenery

First, never apologize for your English, we understood you and that's all that counts.

Now I got no idea how your system looks, what you got installed etc. You give some information but what we see leads to one glaring conclusion, something is wrong. You get horrible FPS, I get superb FPS on my very standard (<800 euro) machine. Clean Windows, fresh FSX. I posted some images in another post and I get 50 fps almost all the time and never seen anything under 30 fps. Smooth as butter on pretty serious settings. And again, that's on a clean windows, clean FSX and that's of course the only thing we can guarantee. I can also guarantee you get the same if you use a clean install. But at this moment something is preventing Nice to do well. As I get good results and you get bad it is either something spectacular good on my machine or an issue on your machine, let's assume the second for now okay? Until we get a a good idea what is installed on your machine it's hard to help. But to be honest, even if we know it could very well be that we can not tell you much more then that this will NOT happen if you do a fresh install. Again, we can only say our products work as we hope on an FSX that is as MS intended it to be.

The flickering is almost certainly caused by the Nvidia card, we have had so many problem with those lately. The moment you feed them real complex stuff and detailed textures they start to make problems. We talked to Nvidia but as MS stopped development of FS there is very little response. Basically they say to lower settings. We are not giving up on that though.

• Could you tell me what scenery files (all, mesh, texture replacements, roads. water etc) you got that cover the same region?
  • Could you also tell me if all the basic FSX configuration files are original or if they have been tweaked in any way?
  • Did you try with a fresh FSX.cfg to make sure there are no settings in there that make problems for high definition textures?

Hallo Mathijs,

reading your answer, I have the impression, that you cannot understand my English.

I wrote "FPS: great"; I never wrote, that I had horrible FPS.

Your answer is, that I get horrible FPS and you explain, that you have superb FPS. ???

I only complained about the "terrible flickering"

You write "the flickering is almost certainly caused by the Nvidia card."

Do you approve ATI as "standard" only? Did MS approve ATI as "standard" only?

I suggest, if you want to sell a scenery, that is only suited for ATI-cards, this should be announced.

And why do I get this flickering in NiceX exclusively? All other sceneries are running well!

• Could you tell me what scenery files (all, mesh, texture replacements, roads. water etc) you got that cover the same region?
  • Could you also tell me if all the basic FSX configuration files are original or if they have been tweaked in any way?
  • Did you try with a fresh FSX.cfg to make sure there are no settings in there that make problems for high definition textures?

- I have already written in my last post, that all my computer specifications are listed at the bottom of this page. This includes all installed addon.

Only Riviera-bundle and NiceX are not yet listed there; UTX is deactivated. All sceneries - except Riviera-bundle - are purchased at aerosoft.

- I have already written in my last post, that there is nothing special. The only changes, done by myself, had been in the FSX.cfg.

- I have already written in my last post, that I had FSX a "virgin FSX.cfg" made (I deactivated the existing FSX.cfg and then started FSX)

Would be very kind, to read my post before your response

Servus, Remark

PS

If there are any difficulties with my English, I can translate it (I know, you understand German)

I've got an 8800 GTS 512.

I agree with Remark, if the scenery is only suited to ATI cards it should be advertised as such. Even if the scenery was designed to the SDK, I don't understand why airports made by the German airport team, FSDreamteam, FlyTampa, and Imaginsim all work fine with my video card and this one doesn't.

I'll post my cfg when I get a chance.

• Upvote 1

Im also becoming very worried by the odd exscuse Aerosoft seem to be sticking to recently (and I dont have the flickering problem)and will be avoiding any more purchases until this is cleared up.

As far as I can read Mathijs is practically saying they only sell a product guranteed to work if its the only product installed on a clean FSX.. If thats the case all suppliers would have gone out of business years ago if you were only ever expected to install one add on to your virgin FSX!!!!!!!

And what on earth sort of beta testing is being performed if you find it has problems on nvidia cards..Did the product never get tested on a setup with nvidia cards before release!! If so did you see the problem and still decided to release?

I don't think that's what Mathijs was saying, because if it is it's BS... I mean I have a long list of Aerosoft products... So if I need to remove them to get Nice working...

I can state the other addons but this will take time :P I'm confident the devs will find a solution, they are professionnals.

• Administrator

Hello,

please let me tell you Aerosoft is allways doing its best to test all of our products on a wide range of computer systems before release.

We have a lot of beta testers with different computer sytems and all these guys doing their best to find any issue before a product goes to our customers.

What Matthijs wanted to say was its not possible to test a product with every possible computer configuration.

But back to your problem with NiceX.

Please give us some time to talk with the developers about what we can do.

We had similar discussion about this shimmering effects with some other sceneries before.

There are several ways to design a scenery like Nice.

If you use one feature to avoid a special problem it may cause an other negative effect.

So, let me talk with the developers team, to find out what the best solution is.

Thanks for the reply Guenter. As you can see there are a few of us here that are really disappointed in this product and just want it to look the way it should. If you have read all 3 pages of this you will see that a lot of us have many other sceneries installed besides this one, but this is the only one givings us problems. As an example I have many sceneries by FSDreamteam, FlyTampa, Imaginesim, and one Salzburg airport by RGFlight, and a few Aerosoft sceneires, of which none give me anything but crystal clear textures with no flickering and good FPS. This is why those of us experience problems are pointing problems to this product. If there were problems with all of our airports and FSX in general in wouldn't manifest itself in just one aiport.

I personally have spent days digging into this airport and comparing it to my airports from other manufactures to try and figure out what is making it so bad, however not being a scenery designer makes this more difficult to figure out.

One thing I did notice is that by applying mip maps to the .dds files, is that it cuts down on the flickering, however adding mips to the .bmp files doesn't seem to help them much at all. Not to mention that adding the mip maps cuts down the performance in FPS by a noticeable amount. I can fly into more complex airports like FSDreamteams Zurich and Geneva and get frames in the 50's, but Nice is yielding about 20 FPS in the same aircraft and settings with mip maps applied to it.

I'm sure that those of us having problems, like me, were very excited to add Nice to airports that we can fly into in Europe, however the way it stands now, it is not very usable for us.

Thank you for taking the time and hopefully the developer, Sim-Wings, from what I understand, can find a solution to help us all enjoy this scenery.

BTW, one other thing that I did notice if it helps. is that in some areas that extend beyond the waters edge of the airport, have small lines extending into the water. The lines are only visable from a short distance, but disappear as you get closer to them.

Regards,

Sean

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Thank you for taking the time and hopefully the developer, Sim-Wings, from what I understand, can find a solution to help us all enjoy this scenery.

Only to clear this up: Simwings is NOT the developer of Nice X (they done the old FS9 Version)

Nice X is done by the internal Developers of Aerosoft.

Simwings has nothing to do with this product.

• Upvote 1