Nice X 22R afd problem (with possible solution)

ightenhill

This seems to be a problem inherited from the old Nice default..

If 22R is being used for departures (though in this case its departures and arrivals) all AI aircraft use the last taxiway which is the one that allows large jets a straight on entry to 22R.. This causes two probs that Im seeing.. 1) They wait in the wrong place (on the threshold which is quite amusing because the AFD also seems to be using the same runway for landing as well as taking off) so you have aircraft landing clipping the waiting planes.. and 2) the departing planes seem to be stuck here until they dissapear they just never depart..

This seems to be a problem inherited from the old Nice default..

If 22R is being used for departures (though in this case its departures and arrivals) all AI aircraft use the last taxiway which is the one that allows large jets a straight on entry to 22R.. This causes two probs that Im seeing.. 1) They wait in the wrong place (on the threshold which is quite amusing because the AFD also seems to be using the same runway for landing as well as taking off) so you have aircraft landing clipping the waiting planes.. and 2) the departing planes seem to be stuck here until they dissapear they just never depart..

Hi Aerosoft,

I have noticed the exact same thing as well.

Regards,

David

Hi Aerosoft,

I have noticed the exact same thing as well.

Regards,

David

Hello David,

that is a problem of AI-traffic and not from the AFD. Or? I do not know, how the problem would be to be solved. :unsure:

Best regards

AI traffic in general?

WHy is the waiting point the threshold of the runway though instead of the marked stop lines on the curve, surely that can be fixed?

I thought these things could be altered like afcads used to be?

I have planes queing on top of each other, planes landing on top of waiting to depart planes and planes ignoring the runway entrance stop signs (Its ruining your best product).. How come it doesnt happen anywhere else, whats so unique about Nice? I note as well AI are landing before the threshold

2009-9-3_16-18-14-484-1.jpg

Could it not be solved my forcing the route to 22r to be the previous entryway,

OK this solution has been suggested..

Your photo of the runway end shows the problem clearly.

The hold short node where the BAe 146 aircraft is stopped is too far from the runway for the AI aircraft to use it. The scenery has changed the runway to look like a displaced threshold rather than the blastpad/overrun in the default airport configuration. That blastpad/overrun area is not part of the runway as far as hold short nodes are concerned.

You have two options.

Break the J1 taxiway near that hold short node so aircraft have to enter the runway at the H1 taxiway near the numbers, or,

Use ADE to change the runway length to 8918 feet long. Change the Secondary Runway properties to eliminate the blastpad and add a 492.0 feet long offset threshold. Move the runway to match up with the scenery - I use a guideline to mark the runway number position before making the changes to the runway properties to make the realignment easier.

Also change the PAPI Bias Z on the Secondary Runway properties to 3220 feet to keep the PAPI in the correct location. The screen shot of the scenery shows the PAPI4 on the left of the runway, it is on the right in the default airport configuration

Is there a chance of getting this fixed or more to the point is there even a chance of getting a response about this issue!!!!

Granted this is a lovely piece of scenery .. But whats the point if its ruined because the pathing for the AI has not been tested and finished!

Hello David,

that is a problem of AI-traffic and not from the AFD. Or? I do not know, how the problem would be to be solved. :unsure:

Best regards

Hi Peter,

I am pretty sure that it is an AFCAD problem. Other users have reported this problem.

Thanks for letting us know real soon as 22R is not usable under the current AFCAD configuration

Regards

David

Hello folks,

AFCADS have to work in a specific format as laid out by MS.

If certain criteria are not met then certain things wont happen.

Not all airports being equal and there layouts being different is going to cause certain issues

as you see here. Its all about compromise to get them to work the best that they can.

I'll take a look at it and see what can be done.

Hello ightenhill,

I've attached a file, can you copy and paste it into the foillowing folder.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Nice Cote dAzur X\Scenery

No need to remove the original just leave it in there as I renamed this file and they both need to be in there.

Can you live with that, I checked it and I think I could.

AFD_LFMN.zip

Hello,

a short info:

It will soon give still another small Patch, which repairs the AFCAD problem with the runway 22R and at the same time contains a texture set, which a flickering of the inscription on the apron and the blast fences eliminate.

Regards