Septembers Screenshot Competition.

Okay folks welcome to September's Screenshot Competition.

This month we will have a themed subject. "Dangerous Approach"

Basically pictures of you heading into an airport thats considered has a dangerous approach,

not the sort of place you send a rookie pilot into. Please name the airport in your pictures so

folks know where you are in the world.

Rules at the top of the forum apply

2009-9-2_20-35-30-97.jpg

Here is my entry, and just to show you why this is the most dangeroous approach I have included a clip from youtube, the sound is bad but you'll get the picture...........eeeeeeeeee scary......the name of the airport is Courchevel

There are alot of strips like this in the mountains, steep sloping sides and a short approach. I've been into worse, but didn't get a screenshot. I just thought I'd throw this up here. CYL3, British Columbia, Canada. Plane is DHC6-400.

post-26970-125351125471_thumb.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Lining up for final to Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport (SABA)in a wet leased Carib Aviation Twin Otter (no longer in business).

Airport type: closed for commercial aviation

Operator: Winair

Elevation: AMSL 60 ft / 18 m

Coordinates: 17°38′43″N 063°13′14″W

Runway Length: 1300 ft or 396m

Good luck to all!!

post-16208-125358285575_thumb.jpg

post-18476-125389855798_thumb.jpg

Here's my entry. I know of no approach more dangerous than a moving 450 foot runway in the middle of the night with a 50,000+ pound jet loaded with ordinance. Shot taken with Dino's F-14D and the freeware Nimitz carrier package with AICarriers2 off the coast of Pensacola.

Just thought I'd poke my head in here for a few minutes and I have to say, WOW! Great Screenshots!

Hey Twinpeec, just wondering if that airport gets any considerable wind? I am a sim glider pilot and use CumulusX! to get both thermal and SLOPE lift in FSX. I believe it can be used also by any powered aircraft, and in your situation, would make for better simulation if you would care to try. I would be interested in your results, but try it and see what comes of it. It's freeware, and definitely worth a look for you powered aircraft users. You can find it at the author's (Peter Lurkens) website or here http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=28899 . CumulusX! 1.5 is the current release.

Scott

Hello Folks,

The winners of Septembers Screenshot competition are.

themax222

With: 747 Cathay Pacific landing at Kai Tak

747KaiTak.jpg

kroswynd

With: Saba, Netherlands Antilles

CLOSING-IN-saba.jpg

Well done guys I'll be writing to you soon on how to claim your prizes.

Again some lovely shots as usual.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Folks,

The winners of Septembers Screenshot competition are.

themax222

With: 747 Cathay Pacific landing at Kai Tak

747KaiTak.jpg

kroswynd

With: Saba, Netherlands Antilles

CLOSING-IN-saba.jpg

Well done guys I'll be writing to you soon on how to claim your prizes.

Again some lovely shots as usual.

Shaun,

Thank for you considering my shot as a winner. It was difficult trying to choose which airport to use, but I snatched the opportunity when I noticed that SABA had not been posted. I must also admit that the competition was pretty stiff since there are many great shots that were entered.

Congrats to Themax222 as well

Thanks again