Cheyenne Package Locks FSX "Out of Memory" Error

paulrunge

I am having great difficulty keeping FSX running smoothly while using any aircraft from this package. Each aircraft, while terrific in function and visuals, seems to use a massive amount of memory? In FSX, I am setting the sliders fairly high, regularly getting >25 frame rate on other add-on aircraft (Beaver as example). Seems like I should have adequate memory and processor? Here is the setup on my desktop:

Vista Home Premium SP 2

2.67 Gig Core 2 Quad 6700

3 Gig usable Memory (4 installed?)

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT

Do any of you have any ideas how I can improve the performance? I really like the aircraft package!

Thanks.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I tried the fixes suggested and doodled around with them, but it did not have any lasting effect :wacko: . Cheyenne's fly for 20 minutes or so at 26-30 frame rates - then lock with Out of Memory error. The fact that it only happens with this package makes me think it probably is the aircraft package and not the OS. Everything else flys fine. Any other ideas before I try for a refund?

Thanks.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Does this happen only when you fly in a specific area, try flying the Cheyenne around the opposite side of the world to where you are flying normally.

As you can see the Cheyenne doesn't have a memory issue or else you wouldn't be the only person who has it at this moment in time :)