German Airfields 2

kryten

I am getting an error message related to the installation of German Airfields 2. The error message is :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: util.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180d

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000696c

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

I know that GAF2 is the problem because I only get the error if 1) GAF2 is enabled in the scenery library and 2) I am flying over the region that GAF2 covers. If I disable GAF2 in the scenery library the error never occurs and it never occurs if I am flying away from the GAF2 area. I have built a cockpit with 5 networked PCs and the error is the same on all 5 PCs. I have tried various combinations such as enabling GAF2 in the scenery library on 2 PCs and disabling it on the other 3. Then the error only happens on the 2 PCs with GAF2 enabled and when I am flying over the region. I have GAF1, GAF3 and GAF9 installed without any problems. I also have the first 3 VFR Germany regions. I am using FSX with 32bit Vista. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Hello kryten,

disable in the GAF2/scenery folder the 2 ship traffic files (...cargo.bgl ...custom.bgl) and no crashes should happen any more. It is a problem of this addon which often occurs with Vista.I can not find the German Thread where this Problem was discussed, and another files were offered :( .

Many greetings Thomas

Hello kryten,

disable in the GAF2/scenery folder the 2 ship traffic files (...cargo.bgl ...custom.bgl) and no crashes should happen any more. It is a problem of this addon which often occurs with Vista.I can not find the German Thread where this Problem was discussed, and another files were offered sad.gif .

Many greetings Thomas

Hello Thomas29.

Thanks for the advice. I don't know how to just disable the 2 files so I copied them to a safe place then deleted them from the folder. I'll try flying in the area again and see what happens.

Hello,

Your solution works :) , another method is to change the ending form .bgl to .off.

Here is the link adress for one ship traffic, which seemed to work on my system: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5445

It is from this page: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19654&st=80

Page 5, Post 88

Many greetings Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Just a note to confirm the success of your solution (I know that you know it works). I've been flying around the GAF2 area for a couple of hours without a problem. Thanks again.

Phil.