Monastir X

• Aerosoft

Release expected in about 2 weeks (but don't quote me on that). The beta really looks as sharp as this in FSX and it's very very easy on frames per second.

Please note this project is for FSX only and will not be available for FS2004. This is a decision made by us, sometimes on commercial grounds and sometimes based technical limitations. It is not a topic for discussion in this thread, feel free to discuss it here, but only after you read the comments we already made there. If you insist on discussing it here you run a good risk to see your post deleted without any further notice.

post-43-12511267128_thumb.jpg

post-43-125112671545_thumb.jpg

post-43-125112671811_thumb.jpg

post-43-125112672112_thumb.jpg

post-43-1251126724_thumb.jpg

post-43-125112672712_thumb.jpg

post-43-125112672975_thumb.jpg

post-43-125112673694_thumb.jpg

post-43-125112673908_thumb.jpg

post-43-125112674147_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Release expected in about 2 weeks (but don't quote me on that). The beta really looks as sharp as this in FSX and it's very very easy on frames per second.

Please note this project is for FSX only and will not be available for FS2004. This is a decision made by us, sometimes on commercial grounds and sometimes based technical limitations. It is not a topic for discussion in this thread, feel free to discuss it here, but only after you read the comments we already made there. If you insist on discussing it here you run a good risk to see your post deleted without any further notice.

It's looking great! I'm really looking forward to this one and NiceX!

But I have a question; I know it's still in beta but will it have default or custom made runways?

Kindest,

Kristian

Hi there Mathijs How are You Doing?

Well let me say I am a very happy customer and That I will always be a big supporter.

If when you get a chance could you upload some night time screen shots of monastir. Thanks

Yes and No, but FSX is ARCADE simulation, I think that FS9 is a much better simulation than FSX ever will be.

I think, it's time to say goodbye to FS9. FSX has been released more than 2 years ago and it's SP2 is running fine on today's computer systems. It has much more features, much better graphics and sorry, it isn't a ARCADE simulation. New sceneries (like Nice X) and aircrafts (like PMDG MD-11) meet standards, which havn't been possible within FS9.

I also invested lot's of money to FS9 addons, but I never installed that old-fashioned sim to my new I7.

Chris

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I think, it's time to say goodbye to FS9. FSX has been released more than 2 years ago and it's SP2 is running fine on today's computer systems. It has much more features, much better graphics and sorry, it isn't a ARCADE simulation. New sceneries (like Nice X) and aircrafts (like PMDG MD-11) meet standards, which havn't been possible within FS9.

I also invested lot's of money to FS9 addons, but I never installed that old-fashioned sim to my new I7.

Chris

Just ignore these posts please. It's always the same 4 people. They might have missed that we got a pretty solid Monastir for FS2004, or most likely they have not even looked for it and just reacted as they always do if they read 'FSX only". It's a knee jerk reaction from those people.

I mean, if you see these images you can't say we haven't done it for FS2004 right?

monastir_15.jpg

monastir_13.jpg

monastir_17.jpg

Hello there,

Mathijs

Just ignore these posts please. It's always the same 4 people. They might have missed that we got a pretty solid Monastir for FS2004, or most likely they have not even looked for it and just reacted as they always do if they read 'FSX only". It's a knee jerk reaction from those people.

Am a pro FS9 user, but Mathijs you've got 1 point am using this Monastir for FS9 since a couple of years & the new screens of FSX doesnt look very different for me, even am crying mecry_s.gif everytime that I read for FSX only.

Mooze

• Aerosoft

Hello there,

Am a pro FS9 user, but Mathijs you've got 1 point am using this Monastir for FS9 since a couple of years & the new screens of FSX doesnt look very different for me, even am crying mecry_s.gif everytime that I read for FSX only.

Mooze

Indeed, like I said most of these negative reactions have little to do with the product, in this case the whiners people who complaint did not even know there was a FS2004 that looked almost the same and was already available.

I mean, if you see these images you can't say we haven't done it for FS2004 right?

Mathijs, you are right, the "old" Monastir for FS9 looks also great and up to date, there is no need to update it to a "newer" Version for the old-fashioned FS9. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

the old-fashioned FS9

Chris, you see, I am an FS9 user and, unlike some other colleagues here, I have followed Aerosoft team's request not to beg for FS9 versions where there will be none.

I really like the Monastir screens here, but having the FS9 version of the airport I didn't intend to join this discussion.

But I think it would be fair not to pour fuel into fire either. You must realize most people using FS9 don't believe it's 'old-fashioned', so why stating so?

If you like FS9 - use it, if you prefer FSX - use it. With love and peace, OK? :)

And speaking of new FSX sceneries, I must admit my FS9 addiction is slowly getting weaker and weaker as new FSX titles arrive.

I also think Aerosoft knows it very well and it's a deliberate tactics. But since your plans are as they are, how could it be the other way?

I am well aware making new FS9 addons will eventually be abandoned. Maybe quite soon.

I already wish I could have some addons you guys make for FSX only, like Madeira, Tahiti, Male, Iceland or Greenland. And I know they wouldn't look the same in FS9.

If you add some more interesting destinations not being previously depicted in FS9 (hint: Egypt), I will be in trouble, lol.

For the time being I enjoy FS9 very much, and most aspects of FSX are of no interest to me. But companies like Aerosoft make it hard, chosing new sceneries for FSX only.

So when my home budget gets deep enough to buy a very good PC with 64-bit OS (you do need a lot of money for that, right?), I may switch.

When? If it were only up to me, even today! There already are a few good addon airliners and more than a few good addon airports to fly to in FSX.

Especially that Aerosoft and FSDT are giving the latter for free if you bought the FS9 version. I do have most of them (a good customer, meow).

So, as ABBA were singing: 'Money, money, money...'

My eyes do love watching your FSX sceneries previews.

Inluding Monastir X. Keep up the good work!

I hope the post won't be regarded as another case of FS9 whinning, which it is not.

I'm a potential FSXer. Not yet, but I definitely am.

Best regards,

Rafal

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I hope the post won't be regarded as another case of FS9 whinning, which it is not.

Best regards,

Rafal

Not at all, not at all. Your post was logical and well constructed.

For us FS2004 is a very important market. I dare to say there is no publisher that has published more FS2004 scenery in the last 18 months then we did. That's why it's so weird that some people just do not accept that some of our projects are FSX only. There will be more FS2004 scenery to come this year. A lot more.

• Upvote 1

Folks, the screens of the new FSX-Version looks like a convert from the FS2004-Version. And I was there for 2 times and the airport doesn´t have no monastir-feeling like in real. Its hot and there are many asphalt-changes and many sand on the apron. Its not clean like on your screens.

Take a bit more time into ONE addon and make it good, as you release every two weeks addons with an quality as FS2002-Addons.

Whats up with aerosoft? New scenery-designer? No money? :(

• Aerosoft

Folks, the screens of the new FSX-Version looks like a convert from the FS2004-Version. And I was there for 2 times and the airport doesn´t have no monastir-feeling like in real. Its hot and there are many asphalt-changes and many sand on the apron. Its not clean like on your screens.

Take a bit more time into ONE addon and make it good, as you release every two weeks addons with an quality as FS2002-Addons.

Whats up with aerosoft? New scenery-designer? No money? :(

FS2002 quality? What images are you looking at? There is nearly nothing in the images that could be done in FS2002 like that. And we release more then one addons every two weeks, we are on a schedule that includes more then one release a week. Might be you missed some? We got many development teams and they all work on many products at the same time.

The Monastir scenery is indeed a remake of the FS2004 version, we did not hide that right? And as always we try to get the best sources for the scenery but it is not always possible to get the imagery that shows the tarmac patched up as it is in the last 6 months. Now I have been there a few times but I did not see a lot of sand on that platforms, as you know sand and jet engines don't go well together so normally they are cleaned rather a lot. The images used for the project show it as it is. And yes it is very hot there, but I got no idea how to show that in FSX.

But you can mean seriously that projects like Nice X, Bremen, New Orleans, Discus Glider X etc look like FS2002 projects. That's just silly. If you don't like the fact we release Monastir for FSX that's fine, but calling them low end FS2002 projects is just silly. Seriously...

• Upvote 2

I have Monastir for FS9 and have had it since it's first release and it's my most visited airport both in real life and MSFS. The new FSX version look's very fresh and crisp and I will be looking forward to it's release.

BTW

How long Monastir has got left in real life is up for question as they are presently building a new airport situated halfway between Monastir and Hammamet.

Regards

Gerry

• Aerosoft

I have Monastir for FS9 and have had it since it's first release and it's my most visited airport both in real life and MSFS. The new FSX version look's very fresh and crisp and I will be looking forward to it's release.

BTW

How long Monastir has got left in real life is up for question as they are presently building a new airport situated halfway between Monastir and Hammamet.

Regards

Gerry

Indeed , indeed, we got our eyes on that airport as well.

The new airport is at Enfidha and is called Zine El Abidine Ben Ali International Airport after the current president.

I had the chance to see it 2 weeks ago when I was on my way back to Holland from Monastir.

It will be opened in october this year.

The last couple of years Monastir has become overloaded with passengers.

They already tried to let passengers with only seat tickets land at Tunis, but that was not enough.

So the new airport will take a lot of passengers from Monastir, which will stay operative.

Enfidha also has jetways, but still has only 2 runways like Monastir.

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

Wow, that terminal really does look a lot like the terminal of the Indira Ghandi intl. Airport over at Delhi, India (I mean the old terminal, of course...).

The new airport is at Enfidha and is called Zine El Abidine Ben Ali International Airport after the current president.

I had the chance to see it 2 weeks ago when I was on my way back to Holland from Monastir.

It will be opened in october this year.

The last couple of years Monastir has become overloaded with passengers.

They already tried to let passengers with only seat tickets land at Tunis, but that was not enough.

So the new airport will take a lot of passengers from Monastir, which will stay operative.

Enfidha also has jetways, but still has only 2 runways like Monastir.

Those pictures look great. I'm going to save them. I have never see pictures of an airport being built. Thanks for posting them.

Mathijs, this new airport also look outstanding. It will be another in my collection.

I just got a new computer today. It will take me probably two months to load my add-ons, but I want to continue to use both FS9 and FSX just the way I have been up till now.

My new computer is also an i7 975 3.33 Ghz with 12Gigs of RAM and a nVidia GTX280. I won't hesitate to load FS9 back up along with FSX, because it is still a great sim with a lot of addons that are not available in FSX.

I'm also going to put XPlane 9.30 on it (I just can't get enough).

It don't bother me at all to see addons made exclusively for FSX. If they are made for both, that's fine too, because I still fly both sims.

Bob

• Aerosoft

Those pictures look great. I'm going to save them. I have never see pictures of an airport being built. Thanks for posting them.

Mathijs, this new airport also look outstanding. It will be another in my collection.

I just got a new computer today. It will take me probably two months to load my add-ons, but I want to continue to use both FS9 and FSX just the way I have been up till now.

My new computer is also an i7 975 3.33 Ghz with 12Gigs of RAM and a nVidia GTX280. I won't hesitate to load FS9 back up along with FSX, because it is still a great sim with a lot of addons that are not available in FSX.

I'm also going to put XPlane 9.30 on it (I just can't get enough).

It don't bother me at all to see addons made exclusively for FSX. If they are made for both, that's fine too, because I still fly both sims.

Bob

Nice system! However I got rather bad experiences with the GTX280 in FS. I love the card for other games but it makes FS slow. Your fast CPU will more or less solve that of course.

• Aerosoft

Wow, that terminal really does look a lot like the terminal of the Indira Ghandi intl. Airport over at Delhi, India (I mean the old terminal, of course...).

And it looks like they build the control tower in the next village. Looks cool on that roundabout but it is far from the platforms and runways!

• Aerosoft

good to see airports outside of US/EU region. i'd like AS doing more african scenery like Cairo, Johannesburg, Lagos.... the continent deserves more attention

Africa is not easy as demand is really moderate, but you will see us move towards the Middle East and Asia more in the next few months. We see a growing demand from there and without a doubt the airports there are growing a lot faster then airports in Europe or the US.

That said, I would love to do some South African airports