Dutch Airports: Lelystad X

Looks great to me. I really like the looks of the tower. FSX is just fine for me too, although I also use FS9 (switch back and forth indiscriminatly), so those airports that you can make for both is icing on the cake ;)

Actually that isn't the current tower building on Lelystad airport but it's part of the Aviodrome (aviation museum / park)

and is a replica from the old terminal building from Schiphol airport from the old days.

Actually that isn't the current tower building on Lelystad airport but it's part of the Aviodrome (aviation museum / park)

and is a replica from the old terminal building from Schiphol airport from the old days.

The actual tower is displayed on a picture at page 1 though, and it does look superb B)

• Aerosoft

And it is not a replica, it is the real deal. They broke it down brick by brick and rebuild it.

• Aerosoft

The original building was destroyed during WW2.

For the new Aviodrome at Lelystad they reconstructed it from photos.

So it is a replica of the original from 1928.

Gtz,

Jan

I stand corrected. In my mind I recall the building being at Schiphol but for sure I am not old enough to have seen it before the German bombed it.

• Upvote 1

I stand corrected. In my mind I recall the building being at Schiphol but for sure I am not old enough to have seen it before the German bombed it.

It is a replica of the original terminal building from Schiphol Airport of 1928. It was destroyed during WW2.

Dutch wiki: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviodrome

• Aerosoft

I think Sascha got the Aviodrome part pretty accurate! Check out the image. The Catalina is our stand alone product. It's not possible in FSX to recreate the zoom factor of the camera otherwise it would be totally perfectly matched. Got a solid 50 fps for this location.

post-43-125657207824_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think Sascha got the Aviodrome part pretty accurate! Check out the image. The Catalina is our stand alone product. It's not possible in FSX to recreate the zoom factor of the camera otherwise it would be totally perfectly matched. Got a solid 50 fps for this location.

The right half of the image is from FSX, and the left half from the new Aerosoft FS and its DX11 engine...right? :D

• Upvote 1

Ehh.... I'm missing the flags... :P

Looks unbelieveably fantastic! Can't wait until it's released. Actualy, it's scenery's like this (and OrbX'FTX series :wub: ) that are pushing me in the arms of FSX. Going to order a new rig (Core i7-920 + HD5870) this week, so I guess Aerosoft could ask some commission from the hardware suppliers :lol::lol::lol:

Regards,

Frank

Mathijs this Dutch guys knows what he is talking about hehehe have been in that little tower ;-) (it's a replica not a rebuild)lol

We have given a demonstration in that KLM 747 parked over there nice view from the cockpit.

Great to see the Martinair aviation school and the fields in FSX which I've seen in reel life from above lol...

cheers,

André

• Aerosoft

Ehh.... I'm missing the flags... :P

Looks unbelieveably fantastic! Can't wait until it's released. Actualy, it's scenery's like this (and OrbX'FTX series :wub: ) that are pushing me in the arms of FSX. Going to order a new rig (Core i7-920 + HD5870) this week, so I guess Aerosoft could ask some commission from the hardware suppliers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Frank

I tell you honestly, I have not see this scenery under 45 fps on my system. And that's the cheapest I7 and a $60 graphics card. It's just damned fast.

• Upvote 1

I should note that I'm using some 3rd party 'Land Detail Textures', these are making the foreground in the first couple of pictures look a little blurred! Sorry. :blush:

I should note that I'm using some 3rd party 'Land Detail Textures', these are making the foreground in the first couple of pictures look a little blurred! Sorry. :blush:

Great shots from stunning scenery, at that legend hangar they have some real old aircraft stuff parked in there :-)

Cheers,

André

Great shots from stunning scenery, at that legend hangar they have some real old aircraft stuff parked in there :-)

Cheers,

André

Yep, like a DC2;).

I wonder if that blue car in front of the T2 hanger can be moved a bit, so it's not in the way of parking and aircraft in front of the hangar.

Cheers, Rob

Wow, that look smashing. i like the hyundai boarding. and off course the airfield. hopefully easyjet will be flying there soon just like other charter companies.

• Aerosoft

Want to see a REALLY cool animation of FSX scenery? Check this one out. It's not complete, a few tweaks to do and FRAPS drops the FPS from 90 to 30 as it records the thing (we can have 50 of these and you hardly notice) but we think it's cool.

Lelystad animation.wmv

• Upvote 1