Dutch Airports: Lelystad X

• Aerosoft

These are the first images of the Lelystad project that Sascha (Limesim) is working on for us at this moment. It's all very early work and looks a lot better on FSX as it will be all done with closed polygons, so the buildings will be self shading etc. Almost all static aircraft of the Aviodrome will included. Pretty high end project overall, scheduled for a release later this year (before the yearly simulation show in that great museum).

Lelystad X is intended to be well compatible with the best known other scenery covering Netherlands and should of course play well with our new Mega Airport Schiphol and Rotterdam X, both also intended for release this year.

The first person who asks if this will be for FS2004 also will be zapped with a cattle prod... This will be FSX only.

post-43-12509442379_thumb.jpg

post-43-125094423861_thumb.jpg

post-43-125094423936_thumb.jpg

post-43-125094424014_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

yes! :) i cant wait for all this dutch scenery to come out. Mathijs i assume you mean the horizon addon when you say it is compatable with the best known other netherlands scenery? just making sure, if so it will also be on my to buy list ^_^

Thanks

Duco

• Aerosoft

yes! :) i cant wait for all this dutch scenery to come out. Mathijs i assume you mean the horizon addon when you say it is compatable with the best known other netherlands scenery? just making sure, if so it will also be on my to buy list ^_^

Thanks

Duco

We'll sure attempt that. Sometimes it is hard though because of the way other products are build, but as said we'll try.

"Lelystad X is intended to be well compatible with the best known other scenery covering Netherlands and should of course play well with our new Mega Airport Schiphol and Rotterdam X, both also intended for release this year."

Do you know you are so great? laugh.gifwub.gif

So just to clear things up for me, Lelystad is a small regional airport? in the Netherlands, as is Rotterdam.

Thanks, and looking forward to all three.

• Aerosoft

So just to clear things up for me, Lelystad is a small regional airport? in the Netherlands, as is Rotterdam.

Thanks, and looking forward to all three.

Actually it's the second airport in the Netherlands if I am correct. Single runway but pretty busy.

Actually it's the second airport in the Netherlands if I am correct. Single runway but pretty busy.

No it's not. Amsterdam (EHAM), Eindhoven AFB (EHEH), Rotterdam (EHRD), Groningen and Maastricht see more commercial traffic and have longer runways. Lelystad is however the largest GA-airfield in the Netherlands, and still uncontrolled. However that might change in the coming future.

Finally! Glad to see progress on the Dutch Airports project. I don't suppose you try to make this compatible with NL2000 scenery, do you? EHAM for FS2004, anyway, might be good to try and make it compatible since probably most Dutch simmers will have NL2000 (like me, not yet, but very soon I'll install it, ocne the download has finished) and will not want to part with it that easily.

Fpr now though: looks good and I'm awaiting following screenshots anxiously.

• Aerosoft

Finally! Glad to see progress on the Dutch Airports project. I don't suppose you try to make this compatible with NL2000 scenery, do you? EHAM for FS2004, anyway, might be good to try and make it compatible since probably most Dutch simmers will have NL2000 (like me, not yet, but very soon I'll install it, ocne the download has finished) and will not want to part with it that easily.

Fpr now though: looks good and I'm awaiting following screenshots anxiously.

We will certainly try to keep that compatibility.

Skip this airport Martijn because it doesn't look good and most of the Flightsimmers from Holland are looking forward for the NL2000 FSX version.

Please do not think that I am not an Aerosoft fan because I bought a lot from your company but this is not what we normally get from Aerosoft.

Best regards, Nico

We will certainly try to keep that compatibility.

*faints*

Amazing, just amazing. You guys have been delivering good news to me all day. Please continue, I'm loving it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Since the topic is named: 'Dutch airports'....Are you also planning on doing the other bigger airports?..EHEH, EHBK etc?

If so, and your team is in the neighbourhood taking pictures of EHBK...feel free to stop by my place for coffee!...wink.gif

gr.

MAC

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Since the topic is named: 'Dutch airports'....Are you also planning on doing the other bigger airports?..EHEH, EHBK etc?

If so, and your team is in the neighbourhood taking pictures of EHBK...feel free to stop by my place for coffee!...wink.gif

gr.

MAC

Rotterdam, Lelystad and Schiphol, currently nothing else planned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great to me. I really like the looks of the tower. FSX is just fine for me too, although I also use FS9 (switch back and forth indiscriminatly), so those airports that you can make for both is icing on the cake ;)