new "PC

yea just got done with a return flight from KORD to KATL, almost anyway.

normally i get 15fps on approach to KATL and 10fps when in the terminal area with a 13fps anywhere else at the airport.

this time im approaching runway 27L at about 900agl i get a message that i run out of memory. ######ed off i rip up my dispatch and loadsheet and bang my hands on my chair, im really getting tiered of this happening. throw in the fact that i was on a FSpassenger flight.

but thats only the half of it, i was getting 15fps and running at 85%ram. how do i run out of memory when im just useing 85%

ive been looking into getting a better PC. the one im useing is not much for gameing in fact the only gameing thing it has is a 8800 graphics card. and iv seen some good gameing pc only run $800, (with 4 core and 2 graphics cards, also 6gb of RAM) my only thing is my add ons, i plan on transfering programs like FS build and my other flight planning programs to a office computer as soon as i get a moniter for it, and running them over a network. but my addons that have to run on the same machine as FSX like KATL ill just bring over to the new PC, but AES. is there a way to transfer it over to the new PC without haveing to buy a credit pack or useing any of my credits to activate AES on the new machine.

yea just got done with a return flight from KORD to KATL, almost anyway.

normally i get 15fps on approach to KATL and 10fps when in the terminal area with a 13fps anywhere else at the airport.

this time im approaching runway 27L at about 900agl i get a message that i run out of memory. ######ed off i rip up my dispatch and loadsheet and bang my hands on my chair, im really getting tiered of this happening. throw in the fact that i was on a FSpassenger flight.

but thats only the half of it, i was getting 15fps and running at 85%ram. how do i run out of memory when im just useing 85%

ive been looking into getting a better PC. the one im useing is not much for gameing in fact the only gameing thing it has is a 8800 graphics card. and iv seen some good gameing pc only run $800, (with 4 core and 2 graphics cards, also 6gb of RAM) my only thing is my add ons, i plan on transfering programs like FS build and my other flight planning programs to a office computer as soon as i get a moniter for it, and running them over a network. but my addons that have to run on the same machine as FSX like KATL ill just bring over to the new PC, but AES. is there a way to transfer it over to the new PC without haveing to buy a credit pack or useing any of my credits to activate AES on the new machine.

It may be a VRAM issue over a RAM issue. Pushing settings too hard over longer flights or higher auto-gen areas like cities can fill up crashing FSX. Also maybe a VRAM issue since FSX dose not sue SLI or Crossfire and only one GPU is being used and depending on the amount of GPU RAM may be the problem. No specs where listed so hard to say fully.

• Developer

is there a way to transfer it over to the new PC without haveing to buy a credit pack or useing any of my credits to activate AES on the new machine.

The best way to save time is, to make a backup of all *.dat file you find in the AES Maindirectory.

Create the ..\Aerosoft\AES directory on the new PC, copy in all the saved DAT file and then run the newest AES installer on that PC. All Aircraft, sound and Credit configs are then transferred and you only need to aktivate the Airport Addons from OFF to FS? in AESHelp after the addons are installed.

thnks to the relpys.

nice to know what to do should it come to getting a new PC.

i useally run with autogen on dense. but i turned it down to 0 for this flight, the traffic settings are what im playing around with, ive trace the problem back to them

i run with

windows vista home premium SP2

AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 4400+

2.0GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT,

everything is up to date with the newest drivers

The best way to save time is, to make a backup of all *.dat file you find in the AES Maindirectory.

Create the ..\Aerosoft\AES directory on the new PC, copy in all the saved DAT file and then run the newest AES installer on that PC. All Aircraft, sound and Credit configs are then transferred and you only need to aktivate the Airport Addons from OFF to FS? in AESHelp after the addons are installed.

Yes I did that way and it works for me :) So do what Oliver told you.

//Frank

thnks to the relpys.

nice to know what to do should it come to getting a new PC.

i useally run with autogen on dense. but i turned it down to 0 for this flight, the traffic settings are what im playing around with, ive trace the problem back to them

i run with

windows vista home premium SP2

AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 4400+

2.0GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT,

everything is up to date with the newest drivers

Hey again, thanks for the specs, My older rig has two 8800gts 640MB in SLI. Before had the 320MB 8800gts and FSX would also crash from this error your getting as well. For me it was the settings working the computer too hard.

Similar rigs in fact, 2.67GHz Intel Q6700, 2GB 800MHz RAM, Vista SP1, and the two 8800gts. I had to run lower AI traffic and lower auto-gen for longer flights (I fly tubes and I hate flying tubes short distances) or in dense city areas. It all depended and in the rule areas I could open settings up with no worries even. Also some add-ons really can push your computer hardware. For instance PMDG can crash from running sound quality in too high a "Hz". Witch most would think a sound issue would not crash there FS.

For the new rig I would get a strong CPU like the i7 or and Intel CPU with a FSB (Front Side Bus) of 1333MHz or higher and any GPU with high VRAM. Higher resolutions push the GPU VRAM harder since with higher resolutions there are more vertical and horizontal lines on screen. Say now your playing at 1920x1200 and lower to the 1400 or 1600 range this for now may fix your RAM crashing issue until your get the new rig. But I'm sure it's a setting issue being either long flights filling up RAM/VRAM or high Auto-gen setting in the cities you said above filling up after long flight now a decent into a dense city and airport.

Last you may be running to many background programs in Windows without knowing over time with the software and update we get can add many task and threads to RAM and CPU. Your running Vista SP2 and if you go to the Task Manager and look at the amount of process running should not be higher then 50 in a cluttered OS and 38 to 42 is a good range but could be even lower. I have seen people with over 100 running and wonder why computer is slow, many you should go do a "MSCONFIG" from the "RUN" or "SEARCH" bar in Windows Start tab and have a look at your "Startup" and "Services" tabs. If not sure investigate more on what is junk, or can be shut down. Little help is in the "Services" Tab you can in the lower left you can check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" so you do not sure down anything critical to Windows.

After cleaning my Windows OS with Vista SP2 I boot with 28 Process and 800-850MB in RAM while keeping the Vista look and all LAN and Media connections. From that work I saved about 300MB in RAM so a hour cleaning the OS up a bit after so time junking up may help a lot.

Hey again, thanks for the specs, My older rig has two 8800gts 640MB in SLI. Before had the 320MB 8800gts and FSX would also crash from this error your getting as well. For me it was the settings working the computer too hard.

Similar rigs in fact, 2.67GHz Intel Q6700, 2GB 800MHz RAM, Vista SP1, and the two 8800gts. I had to run lower AI traffic and lower auto-gen for longer flights (I fly tubes and I hate flying tubes short distances) or in dense city areas. It all depended and in the rule areas I could open settings up with no worries even. Also some add-ons really can push your computer hardware. For instance PMDG can crash from running sound quality in too high a "Hz". Witch most would think a sound issue would not crash there FS.

For the new rig I would get a strong CPU like the i7 or and Intel CPU with a FSB (Front Side Bus) of 1333MHz or higher and any GPU with high VRAM. Higher resolutions push the GPU VRAM harder since with higher resolutions there are more vertical and horizontal lines on screen. Say now your playing at 1920x1200 and lower to the 1400 or 1600 range this for now may fix your RAM crashing issue until your get the new rig. But I'm sure it's a setting issue being either long flights filling up RAM/VRAM or high Auto-gen setting in the cities you said above filling up after long flight now a decent into a dense city and airport.

Last you may be running to many background programs in Windows without knowing over time with the software and update we get can add many task and threads to RAM and CPU. Your running Vista SP2 and if you go to the Task Manager and look at the amount of process running should not be higher then 50 in a cluttered OS and 38 to 42 is a good range but could be even lower. I have seen people with over 100 running and wonder why computer is slow, many you should go do a "MSCONFIG" from the "RUN" or "SEARCH" bar in Windows Start tab and have a look at your "Startup" and "Services" tabs. If not sure investigate more on what is junk, or can be shut down. Little help is in the "Services" Tab you can in the lower left you can check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" so you do not sure down anything critical to Windows.

After cleaning my Windows OS with Vista SP2 I boot with 28 Process and 800-850MB in RAM while keeping the Vista look and all LAN and Media connections. From that work I saved about 300MB in RAM so a hour cleaning the OS up a bit after so time junking up may help a lot.

thanks for the info i will try that.

id hate i will be unable to get a new PC anytime soon, im takeing flying lesson now so they hold priority. maby for christmas or my birthday, both of witch are a good ways away i can buy my self a new rig. but only when i know i can bring all my addons over