• Aerosoft

Check out these fine shots of our new Nice X scenery. Still a good deal to do, but you will agree this is one fine airport!

Please note this project is for FSX only and will not be available for FS2004. This is a decision made by us, sometimes on commercial grounds and sometimes based technical limitations. It is not a topic for discussion in this thread, feel free to discuss it here, but only after you read the comments we already made there. If you insist on discussing it here you run a good risk to see your post deleted without any further notice.

post-43-125076918145_thumb.jpg

post-43-125076919014_thumb.jpg

post-43-125076919871_thumb.jpg

post-43-125076920794_thumb.jpg

post-43-125076921517_thumb.jpg

post-43-125076922145_thumb.jpg

post-43-125076922679_thumb.jpg

post-43-125076923264_thumb.jpg

post-43-1250769239_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I would like to know if this scenery will be compatible with France vfr Riviera photorealistic scenery because the mega airport CDG has mesh incompatibity

In FSX

thank you

Nice is nice :)

I came in here to make that pun. :P

I also came in to ask if there are plans to use FSX native jetways. It's not a big deal for me, but I do like them. It looks great, though.

WOW!!! You've got to be kidding... It seems like you guys raise the level each new airport that is created...

Ok... standard question... Are going to make a FS9 version as well?

Regards,

Frank

+1

Sweet!!! I've been looking forward to a scenery for Nice that matched the quality of Monaco X. Now I can fly to Nice and then switch to a heli and go to Monaco!!!

Are going to make a FS9 version as well?

Many of us (including me) would love to have the FS9 version of Nice.

But judging from the title of Mathijs' post, it will not be the case.

Anyway, looking great! I enjoyed watching the screenshots a lot.

Best regards,

Rafal

• Upvote 2

But judging from the title of Mathijs' post, it will not be the case.

:( Hmmm... that would then really mean yet another reason to start getting funds together so I can invest in a nice Core i7 system and start my migration to FSX.

I try to keep telling myself FS9 still has enough to keep me with it, but with products like this it's getting harder and harder to convince myself... :blush:

Regards,

Frank

• Upvote 2

I try to keep telling myself FS9 still has enough to keep me with it, but with products like this it's getting harder and harder to convince myself...

Absolutely agree with you on that, Frank.

Best regards,

Rafal

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I am sure it wouldn't be that difficult for Aerosoft to approve the porting of NICE X to FS9...but then again their agenda is to drive us to FSX despite all the investment we've made on FS9 (pretty much like what microsoft does with VISTA aka windows 7) which not even companies want to embrace.

That's nonsense, Jose and not very nice to post on a forum where you are our guest.

We prefer FSX for many projects because it just works better (looks better), is easier to develop for but most of all because we got more customers for it. Do you seriously think we would not do a FS9 version if we could make money on that? Why would we? MS does not pay us, in fact MS doesn't like us a lot because we have been highly critical of their actions.

And if you like Vista over Windows 7 (though I never heard anybody say that without laughing), by all means stay with Vista. Just like we have no problems with you preferring FS2004 over FSX. If you just check our record you see we are one of the companies that has released MOST fs2004 stuff recently.

I would appreciate an apology for slandering us in public in our own forums.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

WOW!!! You've got to be kidding... It seems like you guys raise the level each new airport that is created...

Ok... standard question... Are going to make a FS9 version as well?

Regards,

Frank

I would not think so as we got a pretty good Nice scenery for FS2004 already: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd70!40,5274457270,FS01930

It's a bit outdated by now but for FS2004 scenery it is still pretty good.

france16.jpg

Sounds like a good reason to update. France 1 looks like a nice package for the money, but I didn't see any mention of being compatible with AES. That is almost a requisite for me to purchase.

I would not think so as we got a pretty good Nice scenery for FS2004 already: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd70!40,5274457270,FS01930

france16.jpg

Well... uhhh... got that one and yes, it's still a pretty good airport, but when seeing the screenshots you posted, it fades away....

Oh well... fair enough (because I DO understand you can't continue developing for FS9 indefinately)... I will not buy this one the day it gets released, but I expect to get an computer upgrade in about 6 months from now and I guess I can still buy it at that time :-).

Regards,

Frank

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Guys, lighten up, it's simple, if we feel a FS2004 version of this scenery would sell enough to pay for the development and make a profit, we would most certainly create one. Now if you come to us and say you want to pay for the development we would be glad to do anything you like, even for FS2002 if that's your fancy. But do we have to go through the same discussion for every scenery project again? It has been chewed out by now isn't it? For some projects we do FS2004 versions, for some we do not. That's determined by our expectations on the sales and on how long we hope to sell this project. It's also determined if we have professional use of the project, on the resolution of the images we have access to etc. Many reasons. Now if you come to me and say you like to buy 3500 copies of a new scenery for Nice in FS2004, we can talk, but without customers it just makes no sense.

We have done LOADS of FS2004 scenery this year, give me ANY company who has done more. If you don't like FSX scenery, buy FS2004 scenery, but don't try to tell us we're silly until you can either show me the customers we need to show me that interpret our own sales data wrong.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

Now, I am offended. Way to push such an old scenery. Which doesn't even include AES.

How can you be offended when I mention a product that we have for sale and that many people buy every week? You obviously don't like it and that's fine but how can you be offended by something we sell? Because I mention it when people ask about a Nice scenery for FS2004?

This is getting a bit out of hand... let's close the FSX-FS2004 topic here. If you like to discuss it, it is chewed out to death in this topic where it is very welcome and where we move all related topics that are posted here (call that a warning). Feel free to make new comments there. And let's use this topic to discuss the new FSX based Nice airport project that looks pretty darned good.

• Upvote 1

I'm so excited. I was just about to ask Shaun in the old thread I started about Nice if he had any new info, lol.

This looks great I can't wait to get it to go with Monaco X.

For the record, I wish FS9 guys would quit bashing the FSX'ers. Just because they get miserable performance on their rig with FSX doesn't mean everyone does. I have both and don't even bother using FS9 any longer because inho it looks horrible now compared to FSX. I don't get 60 FPS going into Frankfurt, but I do get 25 to 30 with everything cranked up and that is plenty, plus it looks better.

In the long run we are all in this hobby for fun and enjoyment, not to bash each others preferred platform.

• Upvote 1

Guys, lighten up, it's simple, if we feel a FS2004 version of this scenery would sell enough to pay for the development and make a profit, we would most certainly create one. Now if you come to us and say you want to pay for the development we would be glad to do anything you like, even for FS2002 if that's your fancy. But do we have to go through the same discussion for every scenery project again? It has been chewed out by now isn't it? For some projects we do FS2004 versions, for some we do not. That's determined by our expectations on the sales and on how long we hope to sell this project. It's also determined if we have professional use of the project, on the resolution of the images we have access to etc. Many reasons. Now if you come to me and say you like to buy 3500 copies of a new scenery for Nice in FS2004, we can talk, but without customers it just makes no sense.

We have done LOADS of FS2004 scenery this year, give me ANY company who has done more. If you don't like FSX scenery, buy FS2004 scenery, but don't try to tell us we're silly until you can either show me the customers we need to show me that interpret our own sales data wrong.

Keep cool! We, FS2004- User trys only to take our best! We don´t want to use FSX, because many of us (FS2004- User) have to buy an new computer and we don´t be an CEO of an software firm, like you and we don´t sell product for 29+ Euro, for one! And we don´t can improve all our money to new hardware, because we have to live our life. And my FS2004 is running perfect. 29FPS and more with MD11 of PMDG and any Aerosoft or FSDreamTeam Scenery all over the world. And I don´t want to use FSX, because I can only get 15 till 19 FPS and thats for me - not enough!

So, Mathijs, keep cool! We only want to ask - because any new scenery for FS2004 - would be a new present - like on christmas for us! And I think, Nizza X for FS2004 would have enough customers for you, that you and aerosoft would earn enough money.. still for the new project?

Long live the FS2004 !