Lubeck Scenery (Stuttering)

SWDT

Hi All,

Just bought Lubeck and what an airport, is certainly a fantastic addition though i seem to be suffering a little trouble with regards to FPS's, is it me or is it quite a framerate killer.

If i look at the buildings the sim stutters for about 5secs to load the textures, then i face away for a few seconds and turn back the buildings and the sim stutters again to load the textures.

Its quite frustrating but something I'd expect in such an extreme airport, though is there any fix, am I allowed to save the textures to a lower format if available please ?

Kind regards and many thanks for the support and products over the years.

Piran.

Hello Piran,

Sorry to say I'm not seeing this as you describe.

Any one else out there getting this issue.

Do you want to see my specs Shaun ?

I can't think what else the problem may be.

Regards,

Piran.

Similiar problem here. Everytime i look away from the field and then back, it takes some time to load the textures. I didn't notice anything like this with your other sceneries in the area, but i'll take a closer look into it, just to be sure.

The bigger problem i'm having is that the aircraft jumps a bit when entering/vacating the runway. The apron seem to be floating slightly above the ground (can see it from the exterior view) and the underlying terrain is certainly not of a concrete type (can see some dust coming out from the tyres when taxing). Basically there seem to be a problem with the terrain type on the taxiways, runway and apron. Can it be UTX Europe interfering with this particular scenery?

Otherwise a perfect field for short hops with the Duke :-)

i7 920 @ 4 Ghz, Dominator 3x2GB 1600 MHz, BFG GTX 285 OCX, 2560x1600

Hello niebieski,

Can you post a screenshot of the problem you see regarding the apron, can you alos leave the co-ords showing on the picture so we can see the exact spot.I can see the taxiway lines slightly above the ground if I lie down on the floor so to speak.

Hello niebieski,

Can you post a screenshot of the problem you see regarding the apron, can you alos leave the co-ords showing on the picture so we can see the exact spot.I can see the taxiway lines slightly above the ground if I lie down on the floor so to speak.

Hi Shaun,

I can confirm the second, the apron, taxiways etc seems to be slightly above ground meaning the wheels dip into it slighlty, also still suffering the texture load problem, is it the fact that the buildings have a high polygon count ?

Were the red is, in between you can see where the apron etc is in fact quite far above the default ground,

Hello Folks,

Anyone else seeing this stuttering issue, as I say it seem quite normal from what I can see, doesn't stop to take 5 seconds to reload, but thats not to say others aren't so please post here if you are seeing this.

Hi Shaun,

just like Paderborn the new Lübeck scenery causes annoying stuttering. I have a fast machine (Massive Machine 6301 A with a nVidia 9800 GTX+ installed). In comparison to sceneries developed by the GAP-team, these two sceneries perform badly. Flying an approach isn´t fun at all this way. Just like the others described already in this thread, switching views away from airport buildings and back leads to a complete reload of the scenery which causes FSX to slow down remarkably. Too bad :(

Regards,

Ingo

Has there been any advance on finding the problem please Shaun ?

Hello SWDT,

No solution yet because I wanted to see how bad this issue is with the stuttering, but it will be noted and reported to the developer.

I am getting a real stutter lag as I turn to the airport from say 5-10nm out... every time I look back to the airport the stutter... is it a similar issue to the textures not having mips, as was in BremenX recently?

I tried it out with the mega frame friendly L-39 Lotus Sim...

Does it in the standard Default Cessna 172 as well... as soon as the scenery comes into view a stutter of around 3 secs as the buildings and their textures get loaded...

E8500 (3.16GHz stock) running at 3.4GHz on FSX SP2 Acc, 4Gb DDR2-800 RAM, eVGA 9800GTX+ 512Mb... OK, not the fastest box on the planet, but EDDV for FSX for example does not stutter this badly as it loads...

Oh, and I am getting bumping entering and exiting the runway, as if the elevations are not correct... no terrain extras here, standard default mesh and no UTX or whatnot...

I have EDDHX and EDDWX as well as German Airfields 1, 2 and 3, but they are not in the immediate vicinity...

Andrew

EDIT: Bremen is far less stuttery, although there is "much more" going on... many more buildings and a larger urban area in the direct vicinity of the airport... and I had the default AESLite settings of on as well for EDDW...

I would like to bump this up...

The release of mipped textures has had quite an effect on EDDW I feel. It is by no means as choppy as the original version in FSX...

I would like to see the same done for Lübeck... and not have to go down the road of mipping the respective set of EDHL scenery files...

Andrew

Hi All,

I am pleased to say that I have fixed Lubeck.

I took me 45mins to convert every texture to DXT1 with Mipmaps, not something i wanted to do considering it was a product i bought and should have been done by the designer, however, I've eliminated ALL of the stuttering, don't get any of it at all now which is super, only thing now is the aircraft wheels sink below as in the pictures above, but that will come in due course I hope.

Many thanks to all responses, Shaun, if you want I can send you all the Lubeck textures for you to compile into an update if you wish, would be more than happy to ?

Kind regards,

Piran.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this again, Shaun...

Any news on the problems some of us are having with the stuttering and loading of Lübeck?

I am getting far better performance in MAF in FSX than I do at Lübeck... now I find that strange...

Andrew

Andrew - if you have access to DXTBMP or Imagetool, I would suggest you convert every texture to DXT1 with Mipmaps, it increase's performance alot ! Seriously.

Regards.

Hi Shaun,

I've exactly the same stuttering / FPS problem close to Lubeck. It causes more impact on FPS than Hamburg or Hannover.

Almost impossible to make a smooth approach even with MS planes.

I have a similar FSX Add on config as described... (Helgoland, FSX Airfields incl. "Inselhopping" as well as FS Global 2008 and mytraffic but of course not highest settings) and so on.Before installing Lubeck FSX run quite acceptable.

No freeware sceneries installed.

Similar for BremenX but not that heavy as Lubeck. Lubeck killed my FPS to be honest.

Greetings

Timo

Hi Shaun...already any news on this ? My FSpassangers people would like to visit the beautyful little city of Lubeck but they cannot understand why Lubeck was cancelled from the offered travel schedules ;-)

Greetings

Timo