August's Screenshot Competition.

It was a rhetorical question posing as an entry title ;) but yes, you're right My "Flightseeing" paint of the best Tiger Moth despite it being FS9.

:lol: Was humorous though....... Could say something else but don't want to kick off the old flame war :lol:

This DC 6B called "De Vliegende Hollander" made a little stop at Innsbruck for refueling. Engines are not starting up, and out of engine 3 and 4 sparks and smoke are to been seen. ;)

Kind Regards

Swayze

post-26464-125120922187_thumb.jpg

-Edited: My apologies. I misread the post statement of "days gone by", and later posts have clarified my submission is invalid. As a result, I have withdrawn this submission. Jon

• Upvote 1

Hello Shaun,

I was wondering is my shot not counted too because fw-190's are in the class of "Basically pictures of old flying machines from days gone past."

Ju-52, Spitfire, Fw-190 Me-109... none of these aircraft is considered to be a stringbag...

Stringbag is a very specific term, being the nickname of the Fairey Swordfish...

A stringbag is generally a biplane with lots of wires everywhere... so any biplane shots would be valid.

Of course, this is my interpretation only, Shaun and the rest of the team at Aerosoft are the ones who make the final say...

Andrew

Ah since i didn't know the specific meaning of stringbag... This sentence "Basically pictures of old flying machines from days gone past." fooled me.

Hello Folks,

Andrew is right, I will let you edit your posts to a picture more suitable for this time round.

Oh come to think of it the real "Stringbag" Fairey Swordfish, not seen one of those posted yet ;)

The first to cross the South Atlantic Ocean by air in 1922, from Lisbon, in Portugal, to Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil.

The Portuguese aviation pioneer Sacadura Cabral together with Gago Coutinho (1869-1959), was the first to cross the South Atlantic Ocean by air in 1922.

Fairey IIID floatplanes - Lusitania

aerosoft-2009-aug-27-007.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

Sorry bout the delay so much happening this month with all the new releases..

August's competition was judged by another forum moderator who came up with the following two winners.

So without further ado they are as follows.

Soya: with,

2009-7-25_23-45-30-407.jpg

And

metinnica: with,

yarisma4.jpg

Well done to you two, I'll mail you soon with instructions on how to claim your prize.

Some interesting and good shots again folks well done to all.

• 2 weeks later...