LIMC, LIRF,LIML ITALIAN AIRPORTS

umberto

Hi there!!!!!

Only 3 icao codes: LIMC LIML LIRF

As you already know ,a few years ago, a group of italian developers has released 3 fantastic italian airports sceneries for fs2004.........Milan Malpensa in 2005, Milan Linate in 2004 and Rome Fiumicino also in 2005.

All right until now............2009 and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm and "we" are really tired.........the sceneries are too old as well as the fixes :(

Nobody seems to take care about this project to renew the italian major airports..........so my and our(italians) question is:

-is there any way to begin thinking about a LIMC LIRF or LIML scenery project?

I think that Aerosoft would be the perfect candidate to do this job!!!!!!!

Your sceneries are great, expecially the latest, your forums are great, and your support is great!!!!!

Let me know if there's a possibility to "Activate a new Era" in the "italian fs2004"

Thx in advance

Umberto

Hi there!!!!!

Only 3 icao codes: LIMC LIML LIRF

As you already know ,a few years ago, a group of italian developers have released 3 fantastic italian airports sceneries for fs2004.........Milan Malpensa in 2005, Milan Linate in 2004 and Rome Fiumicino also in 2005.

All right until now............2009 and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm and "we" are really tired.........the sceneries are too old as well as the fixes :(

Nobody seems to take care about this project to renew the italian major airports..........so my and our(italians) question is:

-is there any way to begin thinking about a LIMC LIRF or LIML scenery project?

I think that Aerosoft would be the perfect candidate to do this job!!!!!!!

Your sceneries are great, expecially the latest, your forums are great, and your support is great!!!!!

Let me know if there's a possibility to "Activate a new Era" in the "italian fs2004"

Thx in advance

Umberto

Ok but's Palermo Punta Raisi is a another airport in Italia...

Ok but's Palermo Punta Raisi is a another airport in Italia...

You're right but is a collateral airport..............the best thing to do I think is to start with major airports........also Venice has been done....... didn't have the popularity I expected ;)

If we stay in these terms............the old ISDProject LIMC is really better than the Sim Giants one........

Agreed!! And I would like to add LIMJ to the list!! With the surrounding docklands and town buildings modeled too!! It is a fun steep approach to avoid the cranes on short final!! I still use all my ISD sceneries! How I wish we could get some new payware Italian airports!!! Pleaseeeee!!

BTW, does anyone know how to REMOVE the ugly static aircraft from ISD LIMJ?? It seems embedded into the scenery. If I could just get rid of that, i'd be happy.

Cheers!

newmanix

Somewhere in the scenery folder you can see LIMJ_S.bgl..........try to remove it

I'll try that! Thank you.

It's funny, FSDT is based in Italy and they refuse to do Italian airports....

What happened to ISD anyway?? If they were still around, they would be making killer payware sceneries like Gianni!

newmanix

• Aerosoft

I'll try that! Thank you.

It's funny, FSDT is based in Italy and they refuse to do Italian airports....

What happened to ISD anyway?? If they were still around, they would be making killer payware sceneries like Gianni!

newmanix

I do not think it is right to say they "refuse".

The Italian market is perhaps the most difficult European one for FS addons. Piracy is rampant, Italians do not really like to buy online with credit cards, boxed market is locked up and there is a weird anti commercial attitude in a limited (yet very vocal) number of potential customers. We also don't do a lot of Italian for these reasons. Our experiences have been bad.

Without the piracy we might give it a go, but that's a dream, won't happen.

I do not think it is right to say they "refuse".

The Italian market is perhaps the most difficult European one for FS addons. Piracy is rampant, Italians do not really like to buy online with credit cards, boxed market is locked up and there is a weird anti commercial attitude in a limited (yet very vocal) number of potential customers. We also don't do a lot of Italian for these reasons. Our experiences have been bad.

Without the piracy we might give it a go, but that's a dream, won't happen.

Piracy eh? It must be the "MOB" in their blood!

I have a question Mathijs. You say that normally people only buy airports they know or live by. What about people like me? I have spent hundreds here at Aerosoft. Check my account. On airports I have never seen in real life. I never been to LOWI but that is in the top 5 favoriate payware airports in my collection. I have bought, and am buying several Aerosoft airports because of quality and I like to visit places in FS. Is there a market for people like me who buy the airports anyway?? Because they are good quality. Like Italy, I have been to Fiume, but not to Malpense or Genoa Sestri but I still enjoy those freeware.

Can you make much money on customers like me that still buy sceneries inspite never being there? Or am I the only one? Also, FSDT gave me a different answer of why they don't do Italy airports. Piracy wasn't one of them, but Aerosoft was. Did the Florence not sell well here due to piracy??

I also like how below your forum picture it says Gender: Male. Like those soft facial features of yours are such a lie!! LOL!!

newmanix

Somewhere in the scenery folder you can see LIMJ_S.bgl..........try to remove it

You are my new best friend!! Thank you, I have been wanting those statics gone for years!!

newmanix

I know that piracy is a really big problem in Italy..............unfortunately :(

But, on the other side, I don't think that people who bought "Islands of Malta", "Lisbon"....etc.. are living in the same country in wich you did the scenery.. ;)I'm sure that a lot of people ,apart italians, will buy a fantastic scenery of Fiumicino......for many reasons:-) Anyway I'll wait..........as always, my credit card is ready :D

Thx Mathijs for the answer

• Aerosoft

Piracy eh? It must be the "MOB" in their blood!

I have a question Mathijs. You say that normally people only buy airports they know or live by. What about people like me? I have spent hundreds here at Aerosoft. Check my account. On airports I have never seen in real life. I never been to LOWI but that is in the top 5 favoriate payware airports in my collection. I have bought, and am buying several Aerosoft airports because of quality and I like to visit places in FS. Is there a market for people like me who buy the airports anyway?? Because they are good quality. Like Italy, I have been to Fiume, but not to Malpense or Genoa Sestri but I still enjoy those freeware.

Can you make much money on customers like me that still buy sceneries inspite never being there? Or am I the only one? Also, FSDT gave me a different answer of why they don't do Italy airports. Piracy wasn't one of them, but Aerosoft was. Did the Florence not sell well here due to piracy??

I also like how below your forum picture it says Gender: Male. Like those soft facial features of yours are such a lie!! LOL!!

newmanix

Well obviously we do not have thousands of customers around Lukla Airport halfway up Mount Everest. So there are ways around the fact that people buy what they know best. And of course there are customers like you who buy more. But there are a lot of customers who just like one airport and a few aircraft. So it is not a fixed law, but it can make the difference between making money or taking a loss. With so many airports to choose from we tend to pick the airports that we think are safe.

Well obviously we do not have thousands of customers around Lukla Airport halfway up Mount Everest. So there are ways around the fact that people buy what they know best. And of course there are customers like you who buy more. But there are a lot of customers who just like one airport and a few aircraft. So it is not a fixed law, but it can make the difference between making money or taking a loss. With so many airports to choose from we tend to pick the airports that we think are safe.

But Mathijs,

are Lisabon........Brussels........Stockholm safe airports ??? I will seriously doubt that these airports are very important in FS'people eyes !!

We have a nice scenery of Rome city in FSX but what we have no airport to land there. I really cannot understand that.

You have announced Amsterdam FSX (by a mediocre designer by the way)........is that such a safe airport??

I have also read the arguments of Umberto of FSDT about Rome. But honestly I cannot follow them.

Sometimes it seems very strange, which airports/sceneries are prefered by comercial designers. Another strange thing is about greek islands. Is there really no interest in making a greek island scenery?? These are wonnderful small little islands, very interesting for fly-hopping. But there are only some (honestly bad) sceneries by a greek freewaregroup. Please think about that.........but first....think about Rome !!!

Bernhard

• Aerosoft

But Mathijs,

are Lisabon........Brussels........Stockholm safe airports ??? I will seriously doubt that these airports are very important in FS'people eyes !!

We have a nice scenery of Rome city in FSX but what we have no airport to land there. I really cannot understand that.

You have announced Amsterdam FSX (by a mediocre designer by the way)........is that such a safe airport??

I have also read the arguments of Umberto of FSDT about Rome. But honestly I cannot follow them.

Sometimes it seems very strange, which airports/sceneries are prefered by comercial designers. Another strange thing is about greek islands. Is there really no interest in making a greek island scenery?? These are wonnderful small little islands, very interesting for fly-hopping. But there are only some (honestly bad) sceneries by a greek freewaregroup. Please think about that.........but first....think about Rome !!!

Bernhard

Yes Brussels, Stockholm and Lisbon are all less risky then Rome, they done good in the past and they are doing well now. Amsterdam Schiphol will do very well because we got a great number of loyal Dutch customers. We just not have had good experiences on the Italian market. Again there are several reasons for that. Piracy and the fact that it is very hard to get in the shops are the two biggest ones. Perhaps we'll do something Italian (we do have Florence (fsx) and Elba (fs2004) of course). We got Kos in the Airbus Holiday Destination (fs2004) package and I think there will be some more Med islands available soon.

I think there will be some more Med islands available soon

Great! I hope there's a chance for Sicily and the Catania airport.

Approaching Fontanarossa runway 26 in a sharp turn over the beach with Etna in the view is and unforgettable experience.

One of the best I had in my flying life.

Plus Sicily is such a beautiful place.

Ah, this summertime day dreaming...

Best regards,

Rafal

Ha Good!

The Sicilian Islan are a great summer destination.

I hope that Palermo Punta Raisi & the Catania airport will be soon added on the FSX/Fs2004 Scenery.

Thank you so mutch for your Consideration.

Cordialy,

Frédéric Dehainaut Afcad Maker.

Yes Brussels, Stockholm and Lisbon are all less risky then Rome, they done good in the past and they are doing well now. Amsterdam Schiphol will do very well because we got a great number of loyal Dutch customers. We just not have had good experiences on the Italian market. Again there are several reasons for that. Piracy and the fact that it is very hard to get in the shops are the two biggest ones. Perhaps we'll do something Italian (we do have Florence (fsx) and Elba (fs2004) of course). We got Kos in the Airbus Holiday Destination (fs2004) package and I think there will be some more Med islands available soon.

Dear Mathijs,

Thanks for your explanation. I guess you know the business better than most of us so we have to go with your judgement on these :) I am just reprinting what I had said in a thread almost 9 months ago which I would appreciate if you could comment on. Here it is:

Dear Mathijs,

Firstly, let me say that Aerosoft over the years has always set the bar for high quality payware scenery and I look forward to each and every release. I have almost each and every product whether it is Europe, Africa, Madeira(Europe, I know).....you name it.

I would just like to make an observation to the comment you made regarding a lack of market for other regions. I live in India, and have been an avid simmer since the mid 80's from SubLogic days. As all other avid simmers, over the years we have always tried to better our individual experiences to come as close to "As real as it gets". I am sure this is what has given rise to and growth to the add-on industry.

Nowadays, more than 90% of my sim flights are within the European region. At the end of the day, I dont choose flying only in Europe, or USA because I might live in these regions, I choose to because it is people like you and countless others who have made the experience of simming here much more realistic and enjoyable. I buy your products for their quality, and not for their geographic locations. Period! Secondly, you might have read countless posts in various forums about simmers and their long haul flights especially in Screen Shot sections. As Frank pointed out in his earlier post, there must be a lot of serious simmers "passing through" not just YSSY, but numerous other airports in Australia, Asia and other regions. I am sure all of them would love to fly into an Aerosoft airport vis-a-vis an MS airport laugh.gif

I do believe that as long as Aerosoft produces airport sceneries, immaterial where they may be situated, you will always have your loyal fans and customers ready to plonk down money.

Having said that, I do respect your views, as I am sure this is not the only factor holding you back. None of us are in the business and I am sure we dont fully understand or know reasons for decisions taken by you to accept or reject projects. But we can always hope that you will one day put an even bigger biggrin.gif on the faces of us folks who live in this part of the world.

You can probably think of doing a "lite" version of these sceneries in Asia or Aus, if it is due to lack of available data and resources. Then again, this might contradict your strict quality policy.

Once again, I thank you for enriching our experience and hope that a future landing at Sydney, Singapore, or Chennai is at an Aerosoft Mega (or lite..hehehe) Airport.

With best wishes always,

Dinshaw Parakh.

Thanks a lot,

Dinshaw.

Ha Good!

The Sicilian Islan are a great summer destination.

I hope that Palermo Punta Raisi & the Catania airport will be soon added on the FSX/Fs2004 Scenery.

Thank you so mutch for your Consideration.

Cordialy,

Frédéric Dehainaut Afcad Maker.

Ya know! Now that Thorsen is here in the Aerosoft forums, perhaps we should be appealing to HIS betters! Much like the island of Palma, it would be simply awesome to have the Simwings island of Sicily scenery!! And being near to Malta, makes a great island bush flying adventure!!

Any words on Italian airports Thorsen?

Please!

newmanix

• Aerosoft

Dear Mathijs,

Thanks for your explanation. I guess you know the business better than most of us so we have to go with your judgement on these :) I am just reprinting what I had said in a thread almost 9 months ago which I would appreciate if you could comment on. Here it is:

Dear Mathijs,

Firstly, let me say that Aerosoft over the years has always set the bar for high quality payware scenery and I look forward to each and every release. I have almost each and every product whether it is Europe, Africa, Madeira(Europe, I know).....you name it.

I would just like to make an observation to the comment you made regarding a lack of market for other regions. I live in India, and have been an avid simmer since the mid 80's from SubLogic days. As all other avid simmers, over the years we have always tried to better our individual experiences to come as close to "As real as it gets". I am sure this is what has given rise to and growth to the add-on industry.

Nowadays, more than 90% of my sim flights are within the European region. At the end of the day, I dont choose flying only in Europe, or USA because I might live in these regions, I choose to because it is people like you and countless others who have made the experience of simming here much more realistic and enjoyable. I buy your products for their quality, and not for their geographic locations. Period! Secondly, you might have read countless posts in various forums about simmers and their long haul flights especially in Screen Shot sections. As Frank pointed out in his earlier post, there must be a lot of serious simmers "passing through" not just YSSY, but numerous other airports in Australia, Asia and other regions. I am sure all of them would love to fly into an Aerosoft airport vis-a-vis an MS airport laugh.gif

I do believe that as long as Aerosoft produces airport sceneries, immaterial where they may be situated, you will always have your loyal fans and customers ready to plonk down money.

Having said that, I do respect your views, as I am sure this is not the only factor holding you back. None of us are in the business and I am sure we dont fully understand or know reasons for decisions taken by you to accept or reject projects. But we can always hope that you will one day put an even bigger biggrin.gif on the faces of us folks who live in this part of the world.

You can probably think of doing a "lite" version of these sceneries in Asia or Aus, if it is due to lack of available data and resources. Then again, this might contradict your strict quality policy.

Once again, I thank you for enriching our experience and hope that a future landing at Sydney, Singapore, or Chennai is at an Aerosoft Mega (or lite..hehehe) Airport.

With best wishes always,

Dinshaw Parakh.

Thanks a lot,

Dinshaw.

Afternoon Dishaw, thanks for your email. One thing there touched something I was thinking about. Normally we do either a full blown high end airport or we don't do it. But as you say a 'lite' version of project might make a lot of sense. Twelve Indian airports that are somewhere between what we do for the German airports and default airport. I feel there is a market for that, would you (and others) agree with that?

Afternoon Dishaw, thanks for your email. One thing there touched something I was thinking about. Normally we do either a full blown high end airport or we don't do it. But as you say a 'lite' version of project might make a lot of sense. Twelve Indian airports that are somewhere between what we do for the German airports and default airport. I feel there is a market for that, would you (and others) agree with that?

Dear Mathijs,

First and Foremost, I really appreciate the fact that you went through my post and have commented on it. For that I am indeed very thankful. As far as a lite version goes, I would most definitely be interested, only because it comes from Aerosoft. I would consider it without batting an eyelid. On the other hand, and I am being blunt and say I would not consider anything from say Blueprint as they use default ground textures for the runway and apron, taxiways etc, but at the same time they seem to be taking out new airports periodically, so I assume there is a market for that. On a personal note, I would prefer a lite version with even low res Photo/aerial textures for the ground, for example, similar to Kos(LGKO) by Hellas Scenery Project.

Secondly, I agree with you on what the masses feel, and if Aerosoft is synonymous with high end scenery, it may not make business sense to dilute that perception. Although, you may consider a "pilot" (no pun intended) project of an airport as a lite version and see the public response to that. If you think sales are good, maybe you can proceed with a whole new line of scenery products.

I feel that a line of "lite" sceneries may be similar to the Airbus that you are developing. It will not be in the league of PMDG, LVL-D or Airsimmer, but it is a "lite" version and you are developing it as you feel there is a market for it. It could be similar with sceneries as well. But admittedly, I am not sure if it is correct to compare a "lite" aircraft with a "lite" scenery.

In a nutshell, I for one would support this line if Aerosoft made it, as I am assured of quality :)

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to read this,

Regards,

Dinshaw.

Hello Mathijs,

I am listening to you and thinking: Why not take this approach to Italian airports as well. As captdini said above, "As far as a lite version goes, I would most definitely be interested, only because it comes from Aerosoft." So I agree, why not pilot a couple of airports that will cost little to put together but still be better than default. We are in fact talking of a lite scenery much better than Blueprint. Something along the lines of Imaginesim, better than dafault with good ground textures but not as good as GAP. And as long as these airports are AES compatable, I am happy to purchase these and thus agree with your query.

Take ISD's Fiumi. I still use this scenery because I have no other choice. Now if Aerosoft could just make it slightly better and updated, you got a customer!!! I say this because ISD Malan and Fiume are in the same boat of quality as Imaginesim. And I buy Imaginesim, because it isn't the best, but the only choice of those airports and they have AES which is a deal breaker for me.

On a 2nd note, perhaps lite Italian sceneries being pirated wont have too big an effect on Aerosoft as much less resources went into the development and as such, the cost of such development is much lower. If you still disagree, then how about Prague/Praha Ruzyne as a European test pilot?

Would you be willing to consider this Mathijs? I don't know how big your Indian customer base is, but your European base is huge so could this be worth it?

Please, let's pilot this and see how it goes.

newmanix

• Aerosoft

BUMP = Mathijs, wondering if we will get your feedback here.

Sure but I don't have a lot to add at this moment. We'll discuss the idea of a lite scenery range soon, but I doubt it will work out. No matter how you describe and sell it. Most reviews and customer comments have little relation to what's paid. Always very risky to do projects that are not high end in that climate.