New Bremen & Mip Maps

UKFlyer

Hi

The new Bremen scenery is excellent, however, I see that it is very shimmery when you are moving around. MAF2005 was the same, but the new version MAF2008 is as smooth as silk, not so much as a flicker. Leipzig is also completely smooth. I noticed aslo that the new Hamburg has some shimmer, but in Bremen it is really noticable. It is almost as if many of the textures don't have mip maps? I have tried setting the mip map quality in FS9 to 7 as reccommeded in the manual, but this makes it worse, so I leave it on 4. I wonder why Frankfurt and Leipzig are so smooth, with no shimmer effect, and Hamburg & Bremen are not? I have not altered my AA or Ansio settings because I don't have issues anywhere else in the FS world as long as textures have mip maps..

Would it be possible to provide a set of mip mapped textures for any of us who have shimmering effect?

Best regards

James

Hello James,

What graphics card are you using.

Hi Shaun

I have nvidia 8800GTX and I use nhancer. Also for info, windows XP and quad core intel 2.44ghz processor and 4gb RAM, more than FS can use I know.LOL

Thanks

James

I have just installed Bremen on my system and I agree that there seems to be a bad shimmering problem. I wonder if some textures have no mipmaps that might cause this. I am running windows XP with nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS card.

Hello James,

I too have an Nvidia 8800GTX and using Enhancer on a Vista machine.

I can see some shimmering up the South East side of the airport on the grass/fielded area, but it doesn't seem that bad on my system.

Anyone got some screenshots of the areas they see badly affected with co-ords on display please.

Hello James,

I too have an Nvidia 8800GTX and using Enhancer on a Vista machine.

I can see some shimmering up the South East side of the airport on the grass/fielded area, but it doesn't seem that bad on my system.

Anyone got some screenshots of the areas they see badly affected with co-ords on display please.

Hi Shaun

On my system, it is the edges of the taxiways where they meet the grass textures, for example if you are at the end of the runway and begin to move forward, you can see the effect of the sides of the taxiways leading off look as though they are constantly being re-drawn. I also agree that I see the same effect in the grass/fielded area that you mention. I did some further testing by comparing with Hannover, Munster and Dortmunt, and they all have a similar effect with the taxiways and edges of the scenery, but I feel it is more noticable in Bremen. I have to say that before I had nhancer, the effect was terrible, nhancer has made it very much better on all these sceneries.

May I ask one other thing? I am thinking of buying the Bremen city pack to go with the new airport, but I would like to know, is Bremen city compatible with UT Europe? I have looked on the UT patch site and there is no patch for Bremen city. I don't know if the installer checks if you have UT installed.

Kind regards

James

Shaun,

I'm finding shimmering a problem at Brussels X. I've tried various settings but nothing really helps. I don't find this issue with any other 3rd party airports I own.

Chris

Hello James,

I do believe that a tool will be available soon to add mip-maps to Bremen textures.

Hello Shaun

Thanks very much for finding out this infomation, I will look forward to it.

Regards

James

Hello Chris,

Trouble being not all cards are equal.

You could try adding mip-maps to the textures using a batch file to see if that helps.

Hi Shaun. I tried the batch file you put in a previous post, but it hasn't made any difference.