MS FSx Problem cokpit on DHC6 Twin Otter

Bibou77

I installed the version 1.11 of DHC6 Twin Otter (that I bought in download) to use it with Tahiti x. When I load a plane Twin Otter, whatever the model is, all the dials (avionics engine and radio) of the cockpit 3d remain out (dark in all vues).

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but nothing changed. I also tried the switchs on the console lighting without more result

Note; that when I change plane (planes Fsx) on the same scene, everything is OK, instruments are alight well.

Have you already had this problem? Can anyone help me to resolve it ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Patrick

OK, what graphics card do you have then, and do you have DX10 preview mode enabled (only possible if you have Vista or Windows 7), if so then switch it off, to me it looks like a driver issue. I've seen it look like that briefly as the simulator first loads, but it literally only lasts for a fraction of a second on first loading a flight.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Shaun and Andy,

sorry for this late response, but I was not at home these last days, and, when i returned, my computer was broken (mother card burned due to a storm) I have bought a new CPU ( proc Intel Core i7, 3Go with a NVidia GTX 260 card) , and now, all is OK, I can flight with my Twin Otter in Polynesian islands. It seams you are right Andy, my previous NVidia graphic card was too old for the simulator.

Best regards and thanks a lot for your help.

Hello Patrick,

Also try loading a default Cessna first and then the Twin Otter.

Below are 2 pictures one with the switch set to Dim the other Bright.

• 2 years later...