Disappointed

Yes, that's correct.

I've replied to simply clear up the issue, because the term "downsize" was a little bit ambiguous. That's why we prefer to say we "back-port" to FS9, to indicate that, whatever can be ported (because is supported by FS9 as well), will go in the FS9 version, the rest will not.

That's not entirely correct. Or, better, is not the whole reason.

In earlier sceneries, we had ground traffic vehicles (not road traffic, aiport traffic) in FSX made using Simconnect objects driven by our Addon Manager, which is very convenient, because we just need to lay down a track, and the vehicle will follow it, complete with realistic ground physics, because it's a real simulated object, so we could specify speed, acceleration, etc.

For the FS9 version, we had to do extra work, to layout an animation track in GMax to get a animated BGL with static objects: an entirely different method, which also lead to inferior results, due to the lack of the ground handling physics, that required to do extra work in FS9 that wasn't really needed in FSX.

We did this for some sceneries, but then decided the extra work wasn't worth the effort so, in spirit with the decision of porting only what can be ported without doing extra work in the FS9 version to replicate an FSX feature, we stopped adding those animations in FS9.

Virtuali, Oliver,

So the question now is, is it worth to consider getting involved with Oliver/Aerosoft to make the traffic possible for FS9. As Oliver basically said, there is no formal agreement between FSDT and Aerosoft. FSDT makes more money from those customers that only buy AES airports and Aerosoft makes money on the AES credits to activate those airports. So the question now is, can AES lite earn money as well. Is it worth the effort? AES lite is needful for GAP and Gianni sceneries so can it be for FSDT FS9 sceneries too?

I hope something can be worked out.

newmanix

• Developer

Virtuali, Oliver,

So the question now is, is it worth to consider getting involved with Oliver/Aerosoft to make the traffic possible for FS9. As Oliver basically said, there is no formal agreement between FSDT and Aerosoft. FSDT makes more money from those customers that only buy AES airports and Aerosoft makes money on the AES credits to activate those airports. So the question now is, can AES lite earn money as well. Is it worth the effort? AES lite is needful for GAP and Gianni sceneries so can it be for FSDT FS9 sceneries too?

I hope something can be worked out.

newmanix

Did you read my statement Here? there you see that you can read all you need.

I close this topic now, all is said here.