GPS in Popup Window

Oldog

Running BeaverX v2.30. I would like to have a popup of the Garmin 295 so that I could get a better view without zooming in on the VC panel or running through the "Press A" to go through the various views. Both

In a previous post on this subject:

Matth Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (peterhayes)

HI

I have purchased the DHC Beaver for FSX and it works beautifully. I wanted to assign a "SHIFT + 2" key to allow me to have the GPS 295 to pop up to save me me zooming in on the inbuilt model each time to ensure I an on track. It works well but there is a black line at the base of the screen which sometimes flashes white-black and so on. Any ideas how I can get a pop up GPS 295 and not have this black line? I edited the panel.cfg file to achieve this effect.

I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

Thanks

PeterH

This was exactly the reason I did not add that popup. I have no idea what causes the black line at the bottom, for now I think it is a bug in FSX. When we got SP1 I will look at it again.

But of course there is the zoomed in view defined now in the VC, the only disadvantage is that it can not be undocked.

Question: Has anything changed that would allow this addition/alteration without the black line at the bottom? If so how would I do this?

Guest Hodge001

Hi

I did some time ago make a 2D panel mod for the BeaverX for another forum member which included a hidden pop up GPS window gauge, if you would like a copy of the gauge and the installation instructions send me a PM and we can work out a method of forwarding them to you, the file size is all of 5KB so it could easily be sent as an E-Mail attachment.

Below should be a sceenshot of the opened GPS window.

Jim Hodkinson

post-9108-124825881909_thumb.jpg