Group soaring PLEASE!

N52753

Well I found your site through a google search, and I would love to join. I have recently discovered how great soaring is in fsx after using fs9 for the past 6 years, so I want to share this.

I also have extensive computer skills, a fast connection, and am setting up a 24/7 server. Let me know if you would like me to host FS and/or TS for anyone, or if you need general computer help.

But mostly, I just want to fly with others who like soaring! So lets get together!

How much knowledge/experience do you have with running FSHost and TeamSpeak servers? I am wondering that since you have the capacity to run 24/7 (which I don't totally have), if you would be willing to let me be one of the administrators. I don't have a lot of computer knowledge, but have a lot of somewhat rough or simple experience with FSHost/TeamSpeak. I've been trying to run the "SOAR! - FS2004/FSX" servers for a while now, but was offline for about 10 months due to a move that I went through. It would sure help me out to have a smooth and stable 24/7 location for it.

I'm just wondering or tinkering with this idea, and not setting anything into "stone" yet per say. I feel that I'm still just a lowly but humble member of SOAR.

Scott

I now have windows xp up and running on the server, and I am trying out Abyss web server. I will be setting up a web page for file hosting and whatever else is needed. I hope to have FS and TS by Sunday.

http://www.aprelium.com/ This is where I got the server software from.

I currently have Verizon FiOS, with 20/5 speed tiers. Yes, thats 5 megabit upload. I am planning to upgrade to 15 megabit or more upload in a few months.

Back to my geek work! biggrin.gif

• 4 months later...

Have you seen the recently created UKVGA? http://www.ukvga.org.uk

lol wtf I've never heard of it in spite of being a Brit. I've registered and we'll see what they've got.

Basically we have never had a permanent soarable server on a fixed IP address that you could reliably visit over any period of time. The FSX model that everyone's desktop would magic into a temporary server via Gamespy was totally 100% broken. Incidentally the much hyped Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has the same multi-player model and will die a death on PC's as a result. Console users don't care where they connect.

B21