Aerosoft please make some irish airports

manley

Hi Aerosoft / Mathijis

We have had the live support sign up for less than 24 hours (19 as I write this). With little networking / advertising, amazingly we have managed to collect 188 names of support (out of 661 who have visited the sign up). http://www.petition.fm/petitions/aerosoftirishscenery/

Of the 188 so far, Irish sign ups represent only 34% (66 names). The rest are a collective from all around the world but predominantly the UK and the States.

Many thanks to everybody who has shown their support, I plan to leave the sign up online for 72 hours before presenting a list of names and statistics to Aerosoft, so please forward on the link to friends, fellow pilots, VA colleagues who would like to see some Irish scenery

Regards

John

Seemingly half the population of America claims to be descended from Irish stock. If that's not a *huge* marketing opportunity, I don't know what is...

• Aerosoft

Hi Aerosoft / Mathijis

We have had the live support sign up for less than 24 hours (19 as I write this). With little networking / advertising, amazingly we have managed to collect 188 names of support (out of 661 who have visited the sign up). http://www.petition....ftirishscenery/

Of the 188 so far, Irish sign ups represent only 34% (66 names). The rest are a collective from all around the world but predominantly the UK and the States.

Many thanks to everybody who has shown their support, I plan to leave the sign up online for 72 hours before presenting a list of names and statistics to Aerosoft, so please forward on the link to friends, fellow pilots, VA colleagues who would like to see some Irish scenery

Regards

John

Nice idea to organize something but keep in mind we got production periods of 6 months or more. And as all our resources are booked for the next months and projects have been scheduled, there will be nothing from us for the next 14 months even if we decide right now to do something (which we have not). I called a few retailers that do the Irish market and they were not very positive at this moment. So we'll see what happens but don't expect anything soon.

However,Terry Smith is making amazing dublin airport scenery.

He is- But some people want a payware/more powerful option, or to be able to use with AES etc

I will gladly wait as long as it takes and give as much support as I possibly can to Aerosoft in producing Irish scenery

• Aerosoft

He is- But some people want a payware/more powerful option, or to be able to use with AES etc

I will gladly wait as long as it takes and give as much support as I possibly can to Aerosoft in producing Irish scenery

AES handles many freeware airports! As long as the developer is using modern tools it should be no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

That is true, perhaps Aerosoft should get in touch with him then ;)

We always prefer the developers getting in touch with us. Certainly for freeware airports we will most likely not charge any credits so we'll make no money what so ever on that work. If the developers like AES to cover there airport they know where to find us. We can't go writing to every scenery builder right?

• Aerosoft

BTW, I send out some emails, written a few letters, made some calls but none of the airport authorities were very helpful. Mostly I got send to their PR agencies (mostly in London strangely enough). When they understood we wanted to take a few thousand photographs from a car on the areas where the aircraft are most did not even bother to write back, lol. Same old problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Im in the process of updating Irish Airports like Cork and Kerry and also aerodromes such as Kilkenny. Im also creating airports that were not included with fsx, like Coonagh Airfield etc. Take a look: http://fsxirishscenery.yolasite.com/

Its only freeware, but its better than default scenery!

I could do with some pictures, videos, airport details like runway length etc.

Take a look! wink.gif

Thanks!