Aerosoft please make some irish airports

manley

Hi i live in the republic of Ireland and no one to this date has ever made an Irish scenery for fsx and just wondering if aerosoft has an intentions of making anything for Ireland?

• Upvote 1

I second this idea!

There are so many of us on fsx that are stuck using default scenery for Dublin and FS9 users are using very outdated scenery aswell so there is a market out there for it :)

Correct me if im wrong but i think there is scenery for nearly all countries in Europe but still nothing for Ireland,come on how long more do we have to wait?

Hi i live in the republic of Ireland and no one to this date has ever made an Irish scenery for fsx and just wondering if aerosoft has an intentions of making anything for Ireland?

Hi Manley,

Depending on how you depict scenery or airports but try http://www.uk2000scenery.com/vfrairfields/index.html as they have Belfast (I believe) airport.

There is some talk of scenery but can't recall which developer is doing it!

Hi,

I agree with the previous comments, and Ireland being a small country which is served by several regional and International airports as well as many smaller aerodromes makes for pleasant GA flying as well as International commutes… if only the default scenery textures were not so bland…mad.gif

Check out the interactive map at www.osi.ie to see that aerial mapping actually exists for Ireland!

Now Mathijs & GMBH, do you think the spectacular Western Irish seaboard would appeal to your customers?

Hi Manley,

Depending on how you depict scenery or airports but try http://www.uk2000sce...elds/index.html as they have Belfast (I believe) airport.

I have this scenery and its great but i live in the republic but the developers are getting close lol

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I agree with the previous comments, and Ireland being a small country which is served by several regional and International airports as well as many smaller aerodromes makes for pleasant GA flying as well as International commutes… if only the default scenery textures were not so bland…mad.gif

Check out the interactive map at www.osi.ie to see that aerial mapping actually exists for Ireland!

Now Mathijs & GMBH, do you think the spectacular Western Irish seaboard would appeal to your customers?

Of course this a bit chicken and egg but we don't have a lot of Irish customers and we got serious problems getting good distribution there. That all doesn't help, but I agree, it has been left out a lot. We tended however to leave the British Isles to JustFlight but they have not done anything. I'll put it on the agenda and see what will happen. No promises though. Making high end scenery is very costly and we need to have good prospects before we can start.

Of course this a bit chicken and egg but we don't have a lot of Irish customers and we got serious problems getting good distribution there. That all doesn't help, but I agree, it has been left out a lot. We tended however to leave the British Isles to JustFlight but they have not done anything. I'll put it on the agenda and see what will happen. No promises though. Making high end scenery is very costly and we need to have good prospects before we can start.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,i understand you dont have a lot of Irish customers and it would be a bit of a gamble on your part but im sure a lot of British customers would be pleased to see some airport scenery as it is close and makes for a great quick flight across the Irish sea

Not just the airports. The Irish landscape is simply stunning, whether it's the lush greenery (not for nothing is is called the Emerald Isle, even though MS would have us believe emeralds are brown!), or the bleak, rugged coast, it's a VFR pilot's wet dream! It only takes a few seconds on google to see what a gorgeous place it would really be.

And, being an island, it's relatively compact.

It would make an excellent "VFR Ireland" scenery, either photo (GetMapping et al are finally starting to trickle through decent Irish photos), or FTX/Austria Pro landclass style, or a mixture. If we lived our lives entirely by the bean counters, much of what we have and take for granted simply wouldn't exist. Please give it consideration...

I'd buy one! I'd buy two!! (okay I wouldn't, but I'll say anything if it works LOL)

Tim

(Half Scottish, half Welsh - not even remotely Irish!)

Of course this a bit chicken and egg but we don't have a lot of Irish customers and we got serious problems getting good distribution there.

How many customers do you have in Tahiti? or Mali? Or Antarctica even? And how's your Antarctic distribution network?

;-)

Hi Manley,

Depending on how you depict scenery or airports but try http://www.uk2000scenery.com/vfrairfields/index.html as they have Belfast (I believe) airport.

FS9 only and im sure aerosoft's would be better

and im sure if an aerosoft EIDW came out that aerosoft would suddenly have alot more Irish Customers ;)

UK2000Scenery Belfast is for both FS9 and FSX. Aerosoft may not have a large ROI base, however as someone in the UK, I would also love to see ROI scenery and airports. I like flying from my local airports of Liverpool and Manchester (not to mention any other UK airport) to Cork, Shannon, and Dublin, but it would be good to have good scenery all round.

I agree that if more focus was put on ROI the fan base would increase there, and no doubt aerosoft would do a good job. Also consider from a marketing point of view German's, French, Italian's etc may also like to fly to Ireland, just as much as I like to fly and explore their countries.

Just from observing this thread there appears to be a steady interest in the subject of Irish Scenery. It is encouraging that Mathijs has suggested that it is something that Aerosoft might explore further.

It also is understandable that any company has to work out whether a project would be viable and, or, profitable.

One way to aid their decision, is to simply add your opinion…

It is perhaps by self determination that all good things come about.

Personally I would love to see Irish VFR Photo-scenery, and I think previous comments about the popularity the product might enjoy by German, French, UK, etc. customers are true.

Ireland is ‘strategically’ located between Europe and the United States (as some business people like to say) and I think I remember a statistic which claimed that 44m Americans can trace their roots back to Ireland.

I’m just wondering if there is anyone in North America who is reading this might like to care to comment?

And of course anybody elsewhere for that matter.

It is great to see people having some interest in Ireland and the more the better so please anyone interesting in seeing something for Ireland post a comment and aerosoft might take some notice.Thanks

As a controller in the Irish VACC on Vatsim, I regularly get asked by pilots is there any scenery for Cork/Dublin/Shannon and they ask me why Aerosoft have not done Ireland, as it is somewhat special in the hearts of many aviation wise as silly as it sounds

Mattias, I've been in touch via email with you before. If you need assistance for either Cork or Shannon please get in touch.....

Gude....

Hi All,

Ireland currently has no scenery developed by professional software developers and currently members of Irish VA's / ATC have been inquiring to the major developers if they would show any interest in developing some.

Currently we have only been shown some interest from Aerosoft who state that it would have to be justifiable to them to develop some, which is understandable.

As a regular flyer with in Irish Airspace, I see a lot of traffic both local and from other sectors.

We have started an online petition (yes we are not petitioning against anything laugh ) but it was a source were we could possibly demonstrate to Aerosoft that there would be a genuine interets for Irish scenery

Please members, could you kindly show your support by signing your name to our list.

All you need to do is click the link below and sign your name, no registration is required

http://www.petition.fm/petitions/aerosoftirishscenery/

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Great idea folks, Ireland has a good FS community of its own but also a massive fanbase of users around the world that love Ireland but for most find it too expensive to viist unless they live in Europe. I'm sure the US and European market for an Irish based scenery product would be huge, remember there are far more Irish passport holders and descendants then actually live in the country!! :)

The scope is quite varied for Irish scenery. On one hand for commercial traffic there are the main airports Dublin, Shannon, Cork but also some unique interesting GA and small aircraft features such as the three Aran Islands, each with its own tiny airstrip and they're own airline http://www.visitaranislands.com and http://www.aerarannislands.com/ that could be moddled quite cheaply but would be popular to purchase.

In the scale of things I know we're a very small market but I think its actually people outside of Ireland that would jump on the product as its a country thats of interest to many people to visit, virtually or in real life :)

Please make a serious consideration for Ireland, for too long has it been left to groups like IFSD(which are now defunct, but did nothing while they were still running) and UK2000(who's main focus is Britain) to produce Irish scenery. Ireland has been so neglected by scenery developers that the only scenery product to be released in 7 years(since 2002) was UK2000's Belfast-Aldergrove. Nearly all of Ireland's airports have changed dramatically since then, to the extent that every scenery produced by IFSD is now seriously outdated. Several individuals have made attempts at producing updated versions of scenery, but none have yet to be released.

You say you had problems getting good distribution in Ireland, what companies were you doing business with? If you had your products on the shelves in GAME, Gamestop and Xtra-Game like JustFlight do, you'd have the whole island covered.

If you're worried about sales, like someone else said - even though Ireland itself is a small market, the potential sales worldwide would be huge(if you need proof, just monitor the petition linked to above).

Btw if you do decide to produce Irish scenery, please don't call it the British Isles ;).

Hi Mathijis,

I have recently started an online petition (you must excuse the word petition). What we are hoping to do is demonstrate to Aerosoft that there would be a genuine interest for scenery development for Ireland

As a whole country Ireland has not seen any developers develop scenery. Granted the North of Ireland has recently had Aldergrove developed by UK2000.

UK2000 develop scenery for the United Kingdom (which the North of Ireland is part off) thus the reason for the development.

We recently approached UK2000 also and they have indicated they they are specifically developing scenery for the UK and have not shown any interest in developing for the Republic of Ireland.

I am no way indicating that Aerosoft work off the same business mentality/ethos as UK2000 but they developed Aldergrove which online (I can only speak for VATSIM) has no were the near the traffic Dublin would get.

Ireland as mentioned by other contributors here has 3 major Airports, Dublin, Cork and Shannon and mumerous smaller regional airfields.

Surely a development of one of the bigger Airports would see a significant ROI for Aerosoft. I appreciate I also dont know what your scope or what interets must be for Aerosoft to consider but maybe you could point us in the right direction

Could you suggest what we need to do to demostrate the interest, what do Aerosoft need for a real consideration on your behalf

Your input or suggestions would really appreciated, at the moment we have the online sign up (petition), currently I have notified the Irish VA's and Vateir and have also posted note in the main Vatsim forum. http://www.petition....ftirishscenery/

If there is anything else we can do (or I can do) please do not hesitate to ask

Looking forward to your reply and hopefully in the future buying some Irish scenery form Aerosoft

Regards

John

I'd also love to see Aerosoft do scenery for Ireland. What I think would be most profitable and the most used is scenery for the three irish airports: Shannon, Cork and Dublin. As a VATSIM Controller, and pilot who regularly flys in and out of Ireland, I can guarantee you the demand for scenery is high.

As Colm has previously said pilots always ask if theres scenery for Shannon, Cork and Dublin (particualrly Shannon). The scenery currently on the market is freeware and is very outdated. Compared to some of the Aerosoft Sceneries on the market, its horrible! I know it might not be clear to see that theres a big customer base in Ireland for Flightsim Software, but the Flightsim Community in Ireland is a tight knit group of people who would have no problem dishing out cash for Scenery for their home airport. In terms of numbers, there are hundreds of FS users in Ireland, combined with frequent visitors from the UK, Continental Europe and the US, so I think that the demand for this scenery is out there, and I think the best people to do it are Aerosoft. Aerosoft are famous as being "the best in the business" so I have no doubt that if the scenery is produced, it'll sell in its masses!

Hi! I would also highly appreciate an irish scenery package. Maybe there could be a box with the three mentioned airports + a photoscnerey (VFR Ireland X maybe? <_< ). I see also a big demand on this and I would prefer an Aerosoft scenery with the know quality standards.

It also is within a good flying range from Germany and Spain for example.

You have my vote and I signed the petition.

Add me to the already long list of interested parties in some decent Irish scenery for FS9. While IFSD did trojan work while it was around, it has sadly disbanded and any scenery we have is extremely out of date. Cork and Dublin have changed almost beyond recognition since IFSD did them all those years ago, and Shannon looks destined to be confined to default scenery for ever more!

I'd be more than happy to provide detailed photographs for all parts of Cork airport if you require them.

As a VATSIM controller it's very disheartening to see all these well prepared pilots with charts in hand fly into Dublin, only to get completely lost because their up-to-date charts are completely at odds with the ancient scenery!

Everyone got their hopes up when UK2000 listed Dublin as an airport on their to-do list, but then Dublin was promptly dropped because they got overly-ambitious. It's an open-door for aerosoft at this stage, there might even be a pint of Guinness in it for you! ;)