Twotter

otter

Just to query,after returning power to idle after thrust reverse aircraft surges forward and picks up speed for a short time,is this correct?

Thanks Richard

Hello Richard,

I think this needs to be looked into but not sure if its the way things work.

Need to check with a default aircraft that does reverse thrust on the props and see

if that does the same when you press F1.

Hi Richard

It happens on mine as well. Basically I believe it's the flightsim code that when you have on reverse thrust, if you press F1 to get the levers back to idle, they are no longer reversed blades, but the RPM is still high from the reverse, hence the surge forward. A good way around it is instead of pressing F1, press F3 until you reach idle. That way by the time you reach idle, the prop RPM should have decreased enough so that the aircraft doesn't surge when the prop pitch comes into idle. If you are using a hardware throttle lever for the power levers, bring it back to idle slowly so you get the same slowing prop.

Hope that helps.

Will

Thanks for reply Shaun and Will,

I seem to remember fs9 had same bug (pity ms coudnt fix these things).Yes Will i think i was over cooking the return to idle if taken easy its not so bad,possibly the way the whole cockpit lurches forward as well makes it look worse,I susspect your correct and its in the code maybe nothing can be done to fix it just spoils an other wise nice aircraft.on a side i also see the violent wind change is still with us,flying from Glassgow to Barra and app Barra i am nearly blown into the water,have just registered fsuicp to see if i can smooth it down.

Regads Richard

Yes unforunately the wind issue was never fixed. I've got a reg'd copy of FSUIPC, and my setup currently has: FSX default turbulence - Disabled, FSUIPC Wind smoothing - On (1 degree change per second), Suppress - All wind effects. This gives me a nice "gust" and turbulence feeling, without being blown about like a sheet of paper.

Will