MegaAirport Brussels g3d.dll Error

cbd80

Hi,

I got MegaAirport Brussels last week V1.01, unfortunately I've not been able to complete a flight into the airport as each time I approach the airport I get a CTD with g3d.dll being the cause. I've disabled the scenery and I'm able to go into the FSX default airport ok.

Googling the problem there are reports that it may be related to AES, however I'm not an AES user; could it be the AES Lite at the airport?

Is any fix known?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

I'm not saying I'll cure your Brussels flights.

But, as far as I remember, the g3d.dll error tends to be related to corrupted textures (at least among other sources).

Are you using AI traffic? If so, please sacrifice another flight to EBBR but with traffic off.

If it helps, I'd search for wrong AI textures.

This might help in a check:

http://aifs.pvdveen....ACA2005v1.2.zip

Best regards,

Rafal

I tried a flight with no traffic around midnight and the same g3d.dll problem still happened.

The ACA2005 file wouldn't run as it was looking for fs9 and was having issues with .net framework 3.5.

What are the next steps?

Chris

Hello Chris,

Tried the latest drivers for your card etc.

This is actually a problem I dont believe we have come across on the forum before so maybe something on your FS setup.

Try disabling all other sceneries except Brussels and then try, set all settings to default, try a default aircraft for the flight..

Spent the evening and the early morning (hopefully) sorting this. To cut a long story short:

- Wilco A320 flight from Mallorca X to Nice FranceVFR g3d.dll error!

Working on the Brussels issue:

- default aircraft worked fine

- payware aircraft worked fine (for the first time)

- payware aircraft with ils tuned = g3d.dll

- default aircraft with ils tuned worked fine

- the Mallorca to Nice flight used the ils ???

- load default aircraft, followed by payware = no probs with ils tuned (only 1 flight attempted - but first time its worked)

Normally if the vis is ok I'll follow VoxATC's vectors and then go visual. However, from my initial Brussels flights I'd tuned the ils as I had done approaching Nice, each time resulting in g3d.dll error. This is perhaps why I hadn't noticed this until now.

Especially, until recently I was loading SIDs and STARs into VoxATC, were you would have to save your flight and reload it, best done with a default aircraft.

In future I'll try and ensure I load a default aircraft first and see how things go.

This g3d.dll error has happened with the Wilco A320 & 737, and also the Captain Sim 757.

I'm also wondering if the OOM errors I've been seeing are possibly related to not loading a default aircraft first.

Hello Chris,

I believe that its always best to load a default aircraft if you are going to fly a more sophisticated one, this is because it resets all parameters.

So you came to the conclusion it was only a certain few planes that cause this error.

Did you try Wilco advice regarding Vista and FSX on there support page here.

HOW TO SETUP 737PIC under Windows-VISTA :

Goes for all there aircraft apparently but only need to do it once.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the link. I should be ok as I've got the Just Flight/Wilco version that's for Vista. I have user account control disabled, so I don't have it asking my permission every 5 seconds ;o)

I've only had chance to try my fix once, so I'll have to see how it goes. I've got more payware aircraft, but those were the 3 I've tried. I think in future it will be best practice to do as you say and load a default ac first.

Cheers,

Chris

• 8 months later...

I am suffering the exact same issue. Flew in with the PMDG 747-400F for fsx, just bought the package last night so it is version 1.10

Crash on approach about 20 miles out.

Loaded default airplane, and the skin does not show up when I switch to spot view.

I am running fsx with acceleration. Ground Shadows enabled. This does not happen with any other aerosoft airport

Please help! Thanks

• Developer

could it be the AES Lite at the airport?

Funny guy, which AESlite? Your are one of those, who don't even check the basics before you post :wacko:

And, maybe more invest of time then google, but maybe you read this thread first, I think it will be more helpful for your problem.

Funny guy, which AESlite? Your are one of those, who don't even check the basics before you post :wacko:

And, maybe more invest of time then google, but maybe you read this thread first, I think it will be more helpful for your problem.

Thank you very much Oliver for all your work, and that link. What exactly can I do to trace the crash? There is something funny going on with this scenery and fsx acceleration.

Funny guy, which AESlite? Your are one of those, who don't even check the basics before you post wacko.gif

Oliver,

It was not my intention to criticise or point the finger at your work. At the time I was not an AES user; I was merely seeking a solution based on the information at hand.

It is unfair of you to discredit me on a lack of knowledge, no matter how basic. I am a consumer, I expect 3rd party addons to be compatible. Unfortunately not all are.

In my case loading a default aircraft first solved the problem. Not had it since.

I have fixed errors with aerosoft titles and those from other developers. I don't know everything about FSX, but I do try.

Please don't make generalised assumptions about customers.

Regards,

Chris

• Developer

Yes, but where no AESlite is included, AESlite could not be a reason for any problems you have there. And if AESlite is include or not, can be found in the manuel. So, if you post a speculation about the source of the problem, this should be check first, if it is installed/included. -_-

Hi

Just to add. I'm familiar with all the processes included in finding OOM and similar problems and I didn't find the reason of this error.

I tried everything, no success.

No memory leak, but error appears (i tested with payware MD11 nad B747 from PMDG).

And the main question is why this error does not appear If I fly different route?

If I fly from EBBR to approximate position of CTD 20nm from BUB VOR nothing happens (and I'm in holding for hours).

So I gave up with testing and deactivate EBBR at the moment.

There is a thread: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=32949

Edin

Edin,

Have you tried loading your flight with a default aircraft then selecting your payware aircraft?

I was using the Captain Sim 757 and found that when I initially loaded up my flight with this aircraft, the CTD occurred when the ILS freq became active. Wouldn't happen if I didn't set the ILS.

I did also find the CTD going into other airports with the ILS set. It took me a while to determine this as normally, when possible, I'll fly a visual approach.

Not had a problem since loading all my flights with a default aircraft.

Though I appreciate there could be several causes for this CTD.

Chris

Yes, but where no AESlite is included, AESlite could not be a reason for any problems you have there. And if AESlite is include or not, can be found in the manuel. So, if you post a speculation about the source of the problem, this should be check first, if it is installed/included. sleep.gif

Fair point. However, it would have been more polite for you to have simply stated that AESlite is not included and to refer to the manual to check for its inclusion in future.

I am now an AES user and I do appreciate your work.

Regards,

Chris

Edin,

Have you tried loading your flight with a default aircraft then selecting your payware aircraft?

Chris

Hi Chris.

No I didn't try with selecting default a/c, and after loading scenery, switch to PMDG.

But, at the moment I will not test it because I'm 99% sure that fault will re-appear. In my opinion selecting default a/c will not cure the problem.

There is something else, but I cannot realize what.

Thanks anyway.

Edin

I loaded with a default airplane and had wacky textures disappearing. There is something going on with EBBR. I just downloaded the latest version and made sure to get any updates

I run fsx with acceleration so maybe there are comparability issues? I made sure to get the acceleration/sp2 update

• 4 weeks later...

I loaded with a default airplane and had wacky textures disappearing. There is something going on with EBBR. I just downloaded the latest version and made sure to get any updates

I run fsx with acceleration so maybe there are comparability issues? I made sure to get the acceleration/sp2 update

Hello, is it possible to look at this issue? It is unflyable in FSX Acceleration! Thanks

Hello Big_Al,

Its not an issue with the scenery or else everyone would have it, if you say the "Skin" didn't show up on your aircraft, like its completely see through then this is normally a corrupted SP 2 installation so needs to be un-installed and re-installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Big_Al,

Its not an issue with the scenery or else everyone would have it, if you say the "Skin" didn't show up on your aircraft, like its completely see through then this is normally a corrupted SP 2 installation so needs to be un-installed and re-installed.

Every other scenery works perfectly... but not Brussels. Another CTD when flying at FL350, I was approaching Brussels on my way through Europe and, g3d9.dll crash. The airplane only loses its skin textures when loading EBBR. I am using fsx with Acceleration. Like I said, I don't have issues with any other Aerosoft scenery, only when Brussels is installed. I installed the latest version from your site just to be sure it was the latest I was installing.

Alex

Hello Alex,

Try flying the same route at midnight.

Also try disabling any other 3rd party scenery you have except for EBBR in the scenery library so EBBR is the only 3rd party scenery that FSX loads.

Also what OS are you using and is it 64 or 32 Bit.

Hi

Just to add.

I try again same flight with PMDG B747 after installing new VGA ATI HD5770 and same crash near BUB VOR at FL350.

I'm on fs9 and 64bit XP

Edin

I am using win7 x64, EBBR only scenery active, still crashes. EBBR not active, no crash. No other afcad files for EBBR that would cause a conflict. Both night and day, crash