Freeze

Hello all

Loaded AES 2.02 each time at take off everything freezes and stops working FS2004

Remove AES from Scenery setting everything works fine

Any ideas?

• Developer

Did you have FS9.1 installed?

Did you try to run the AES installer again?

when did it happens: Direct when lieve the ground or later at a higher level?

Please add the Support-ID (AESHelp->Support->generate Support ID-> paste here with ctrl+v

Did you have FS9.1 installed? YES

Did you try to run the AES installer again? YES

when did it happens: Direct when lieve the ground or later at a higher level? At about 1000ft on T/O

Please add the Support-ID (AESHelp->Support->generate Support ID-> paste here with ctrl+v

• Developer

Fine,

but this part you forgot: "Please add the Support-ID (AESHelp->Support->generate Support ID-> paste here with ctrl+v)"

Fine,

but this part you forgot: "Please add the Support-ID (AESHelp->Support->generate Support ID-> paste here with ctrl+v)"

4CDF1136E29810764DDF1136E75110364CDF11364FDF113644DF778150F2

• 2 weeks later...

How to generate I/D?

Hi you have to go to aeshelp then from there you click on support and click on generate support id. and copy the number with ctrl+v and paste it here on the forum.

Can you please try to install 2.03 now, to check if the issue is still there.

43291436C6C2157642291436E8A7153643291436462914364929DE494F68

I have loaded 2.03 still the problem

Regards

JohnAC

• Developer

Ok,

can you please make the following Test:

- Set you aircraft on a AES airport

- Switch to the "Slewmode"

- Lift the aircraft a littlebit (some Meters above ground)

- Wait for the freeze. If there is no freeze, I have no idea, why it sould freeze on a normal depature.

The only thing happens in AES when you leave the ground is to hide the window after some seconds, nothing else will be done

at this point. As you are alone with this problem, very hard to find the reason here.

Did you get an error window of the FS after some time?

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem than JohnAC, with my AES 2.03. When I take off, my FS 9.1 freezes, and after a few seconds the panel (even the VC) disappears and I can see the void landscape, freezed, in front of me. Nothing more. And this happens only when AES is active. I have tested it in an Aerosoft and an FSDream Team airports (Arlanda and Cointrin), and it is exactly the same. If I put off AES, I can take off; if AES is active, I can not.

Another thing: although the visual side of FS is freezed, in some sense the program is still running. I mean: the sound and the ATC are running; if I press "S" to change view, I can hear the different and correspondant sound schemes of each view. And if I can show the 2D gauges (this depends of the plane I am using), they are working, too. But it is impossible to see any movement of the plane or from the plane, in any way.

I think this is a serious issue, and I would thank you very much if you could help us to resolve it.

Thanks in advance,

Félix Fernández de Castro (Spain)

This is my "Support ID": C6A8203643432176C7A820364B102136C6A82036C4A82036C3A89D43892C

I have made another test.

If I take off from an AES activated airport (Arlanda, in this case), but without having used the AES services (directly from the runway start position), there is no problem, and the taking of is followed by a normal climbing.

Maybe this helps to isolating the rows of the problem?

Thanks again, in advance, for your attention

Félix Fernández de Castro (Spain)

This is my "Support ID": C6A8203643432176C7A820364B102136C6A82036C4A82036C3A89D43892C

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem too. I have a Vista 64bit so it ######es me off when FS9 crashes. I have AES V2.3 and everytime i takeoff with the airports that have it etheir freezes or just the screen turns black then it says FS9 has stoped working so... I have AES at EDDF (Mega airport Frankfurt)- A380 hanger sucks because its still a bit small, Fly Tampa Kai Tak (VHHX) and Atlanta in georga USA. Its fine when i fly in but when i takeoff it F**** up! I dont want FS9.1 update because i have bad look with it on another computer so PLEASE HELP!

• Developer

I dont want FS9.1 update because i have bad look with it on another computer so PLEASE HELP!

Sorry, in this case nobody can help you.

Sorry, in this case nobody can help you.

So what should i do if i do get the update? I had a problem with it on my XP and that was at a time when it had a virus on it so yea... I want to use AES only if my flight sim wont freeze up so if i get the update what should make it stop?

I havent tried useing slew mode but i would install the update if it helped. Most of the time the screen goes black and says it stopped working so i have more of a problem with black screens then it freezeing. Il try the slew mode today but first im going to get sleep because it 5am here so night! I hope u guys can help me get it fixed.

I got my problem fixed. All i did was take AES off of the airports then put them on again. I also sync them or repaired them. I didnt know which way i fixed them but now they work like a normal airport. :)

• Developer

I got my problem fixed. All i did was take AES off of the airports then put them on again. I also sync them or repaired them. I didnt know which way i fixed them but now they work like a normal airport. :)

The "Resync/Repair" Button in AEShelp below the Airport list can help here mostly (it will do the same as setting all airports ot OFF and back to FS9/X). The primary problem is, that you deal with the sceneries after you have activated the airport, because AES pleaces often Library there (for the jetways). When this files are missing (because you just reinstall the addon scenery), the FS will not find the related Lib objects called by AES and that can result in "freese", CTDs or just in a non working AES.

The "Resync/Repair" Button in AEShelp below the Airport list can help here mostly (it will do the same as setting all airports ot OFF and back to FS9/X). The primary problem is, that you deal with the sceneries after you have activated the airport, because AES pleaces often Library there (for the jetways). When this files are missing (because you just reinstall the addon scenery), the FS will not find the related Lib objects called by AES and that can result in "freese", CTDs or just in a non working AES.

Im still having the problem with Frankfurt only now but the other airports with AES work fine. I cant firgure out why Frankfurt wont work. I have SKAI traffic so franfurt and every other airport i fly into is filled to the max. I dont know what the problem is with frankfurt and AES. It works fine for like 3-5 minutes. I can takeoff, do a traffic pattern and land again then the 2nd takeoff it might freeze. I had it now freeze why i was putting instruments on my second screen that i have. I can tell that it freezes because Fraps fps thing at the top right hand coner of my main screen goes crazy. This is the only glitch im having with AES now but im happy that my most faverite airports with AES are working :)