Madeira Runway 23 Flickering

abz

Hello Al,

I checked the texture folder and see files named LPMA_Base_0001 to LPMA_Base_0013

These seem to be the base textures for the airport.

However I think what the flashing is is the textures above them being loaded or drawn into the sim or

possibly even being removed because it has textures that overlay these with transparencies like the apron numbers etc.

So I dont think theres possibly a great deal that can be done.

Thank you Shaun: Appreciate your checking this.

I just want to make sure you understand exactly what is flashing for me.

It is ONLY the portion of the runway 23 extension that is constructed over the water.

The only thing that flashes is the ground/concrete/asphalt to the LEFT and RIGHT of runway 23.

The runway itself is fine - no flashing.

Nothing else in the entire airport flashes.

Also the other island & airport that is included in this package - looks perfect on approach - and also runway 5 at Madeira.

When you approach runway 23 and you are greater than 5nm away, do you see any flashing as I describe or is it only me?

Al

Hello Al,

I do see it but believe its the way the textures are loading over the top of the photoscenery ground textures, as

I'm flying away in outside view and turn back round you can then catch them as they reload.

Hello Al,

I do see it but believe its the way the textures are loading over the top of the photoscenery ground textures, as

I'm flying away in outside view and turn back round you can then catch them as they reload.

Thank you Shaun for all your help in this matter. Appreciate very much the great support here.

And thanks so much for that "bat" command file that you sent me - executing that with the textures

did clear up, for the most part, the other problems I was seeing at the airport.

I guess I will just live with the runway 23 appearance for now.

Take care. Al

• 4 months later...

Thanks Shaun: But how do I identify the "airport texture" files? Is there a simple way to do that?

But the interesting thing is that it is ONLY the textures to the left and right of runway 23 extension.

Just for my information - we did the DXT1 files before - what were these ones that I already did the mipping on?

Al

shaun

i did what you discribed but after search IM there is not anything in the image, its blank

so i cannot find the textures to copy and past

doeke

• 10 months later...