No, we haven't been asleep, just busy working. That addon really is much more work than you would expect given the fact that 90% of the Maldives is pure water. :D

But we're slowly getting there, I guess this almost looks like the real thing now.

No, we haven't been asleep, just busy working. That addon really is much more work than you would expect given the fact that 90% of the Maldives is pure water. :D

But we're slowly getting there, I guess this almost looks like the real thing now.

That looks absolutely fantastic Thorsten!

Stupid question maybe; do we get a map included with the product? It's going to be pretty damn difficult to find our way through all the islands otherwise.

Frank

PS: Don't forget to sleep! :lol:

• Upvote 2

No, we haven't been asleep, just busy working. That addon really is much more work than you would expect given the fact that 90% of the Maldives is pure water. biggrin.gif

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

WONDERFUL, I don't have any other words!

• Upvote 1

Yes, there'll be a rather nice map included, which will help not getting lost between the small islands. I'm working on it for more than 6 months now and still get lost now and then. It's just so much water... :lol:

Just so you get an impression how detailed the addon will be:

Almost every ressort is modelled highly detailed accoring to its real archetype. The number of polygons (right now more than 750.000 and counting) will most probably be bigger than anything you've seen before. For example, the objects library of Tahiti X (a great addon which you all most certainly know) is 3,4MB of filsize, an average German Airport has around 25MB. With Male X I'm currently at 120MB. :D

Due to the fact that there's lots of water between the ressorts/islands and we used some tricks we still have very nice fps although this might very well become one of the most detailed sceneries we've ever made.

I can promise: If you see it and find that there's anything in your FSX as detailed and complex as this one, you'll get your money back. B)

Hi Thorsten, very nice pictures, having flown above those island a couple of time they look real! Dont forget the ones where real maldivians lives !!!

There tend to be alot of big boats anchored around male island, I guess they will be there?

Dont overkill the scenarii with too many polygons.. its a flight simulator, not a dollhouse for sims 3 :P

There is also a couple of "facory island" but I am sure u know that... :rolleyes:

Etienne

Well, the ships kill performance more than 100.000 well compiled polys, so there won't be as many ships as you can find in reality.

"Facory" - I guess you mean the industrial islands close to the city island?

We've just taken another big step to release, so I'm sure you'll be able to find out yourself very soon. :)

• Upvote 1

> "Facory" - I guess you mean the industrial islands close to the city island?

Indeed I meant "factory"... sorry for the typo. And yes I am refering to that funy island west of male if I remember well.

> We've just taken another big step to release

Great news!

> Well, the ships kill performance more than 100.000 well compiled polys, so there won't be as many ships as you can find in reality.

Not many ships? no biggy! but a couple are needed for realism imho.

Etienne

Mr. Thorsten Reichert,

October is nearing its end, I was just wondering if this product will be out as you stated or are there delays that are going to cause it to be postponed. I think you know why I'm asking so, I won't explain. But, your signature say it all. :unsure:

Thanks!

Hi i have just been browsing Google looking for a Scenery of the Male atol for FSX and found this thread!....I have been to meeru island (NORTH Atol) and i just want to say this scenery looks extremely life like and just how i remembered it...I dont use FSX that often but when i do i tend to fly around the same locations like my favourite St. Maartens! ..this addon looks like a great place to shuttle from island to island ...

Just one small question i have not seen any actual people in the scenery..will the finished product include sunbathers and other people like in the St. Maarten/Bart airports?.....just a few sunbathers would bring this whole package to life!..as it is now it looks like a tsunami has washed everyone out to sea lol..

Thanks, welldone and i look forward to the finished scenery...

• Upvote 1

James, we're still on schedule, though not on the original one. :D It's hard to tell if it will be released before my vacation (3rd-11th Nov). The product will be finished by then, no question, but we do not hand it out unless we're 100% sure it works well. So I guess it's more probable that we aim for the 13th of November with release.

Mike, thanks for your feedback. You'll find Meeru looks even more real if you see it in the sim, not in preview images only.

We considered 3D people (tourists, bikinigirls,...) but decided against them. You see, we already push FSX to its absolute limits. 3D people would definitely bring more life to the scenery even if static, but if we included them that would mean we would have to place at least 50+ of them at each island or they would just get lost. But that would mean at least 15% more polys than we already have.

In Africa I did it with the animals, but they were the most important part of that addon obviously. There weren't much more than a dozen animals per squarekilometre in average, but they still combined for several thousands in total and their impact on performance was at least 80% of the total performance impact of the addon.

A realistic model of a woman in a Bikini would surely require 4-5 times as many polys as an Elephant. Placing only one of them on every 10th of the ressort's terracces would instantly kill performance in FSX. ;)

A realistic model of a woman in a Bikini would surely require 4-5 times as many polys as an Elephant.

I would not expect this type or girl. I would prefer ladies with less impact than an elephant. B)

But I understand, what you mean and in the end it is a flight simulator and not a beach simulator.

Looking forward to order the addon,

Armin

@ThoRe (horst18519)....Thank you for your very quick response..i guess when am flying over the islands i prob wouldnt notice the people anyway lol....excellent work i will look forward to this, my wife thinks am mad but she like this scenery after our Holiday there lol...cheers again....Mike..

Mr. Thorsten Reichert,

James, we're still on schedule, though not on the original one. :D It's hard to tell if it will be released before my vacation (3rd-11th Nov). The product will be finished by then, no question, but we do not hand it out unless we're 100% sure it works well. So I guess it's more probable that we aim for the 13th of November with release....

Thank you for the update; will wait patiently. :)

• Upvote 1

Mr. Thorsten Reichert,

Thank you for the update; will wait patiently. smile.gif

I will NOT wait patiently! mad.gif

I will wait as IMPATIENTLY as hell because this scenery looks so outstanding and like the real thing that I cannot wait to fly there myself. I have been to Maldives the last time about 10 months ago and this scenery brings me close to it "as real as it gets"! smile.gif

So my biggest compliments for your outstanding work! biggrin.gif

Regards

Chris

I almost deleted your post Chris. :o

It looks like a thread - but in the end it might just be a very nice compliment, so thanks. :D

And sorry to say that you will need to be just a bit more patient. You will know why when we release it. ;)

I almost deleted your post Chris. ohmy.gif

It looks like a thread - but in the end it might just be a very nice compliment, so thanks. biggrin.gif

And sorry to say that you will need to be just a bit more patient. You will know why when we release it. wink.gif

I see you've got it. wink.gif

Anyway, take your time for beta testing, you'll do it right I'm sure. And thanks again for developing this fanatstic place on earth for our sim.

Best regards with an honest smile. biggrin.gif

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Any more development news?

Ya are there any new development news, or pictures?

I liked Tahiti and I know this is gonna suit me!!

Plz more info, bitte!

Hey guys, let Thorsten working wink.gif ! I'm sure that if there are any news, he'd tell us.

Hi folks,

as Thorsten said, the release seems likely in late November. So it's understandable that we are getting nervous. smile.gif

But as you know we have some more days in November, so try to keep calm. I'm quite sure the release will be during the next days, as he hasn't stated anything different.

And now excuse me, please. I have to go out and polish my Twin Otter for the upcoming service marathon. wink.gif

Regards

Chris