This looks really great, just bought it for my birthday :lol: I hope it doesn't hurt my frame rates like the VFR London X does though. I can't wait to get in my helicopter and tour this beautiful place B)

A really nice piece of work, well done. Now, how much does REX cost I wonder :lol:

Thanks for this, I've a feeling I'm gonna enjoy this very much :)

Naw it didn't hurt my frames at all really. Very nice indeed. I've been flying this for hours, haven't been anywhere else all evening.

I do, however, have a small problem. I've searched and searched the main airport (VRMM) for the last 2 hours, and I can't find it so I give up. Someone is gonna have to tell me where the fuel is, because I've nearly run out :lol: I found a couple of white tanks that could've been fuel, but I sat there for a few minutes and I didn't get any, so it couldn't have been them. Come on, GIVE, where did you hide the fuel?

Apart from that it's a pretty fantastic bit of scenery. I could fly around here for days. I missed out on the Twotter deal, but not to worry, I have the Quest kodiak anyway. I must admit, I prefer the Helicopters I have to look at this scenery though, you can see more out the cockpit in those. Very impressed with this. I'll be looking forward to more of the same.

Thank you very much B)

Tony

I think he meant where to find the fueling area on the airport, not finding the actual airport. If he wasn't able to spot that I would start to wonder if he really was on the Maldives. :lol:

Most pilots who want to fly "as real as it gets" are pretty annoyed everytime they accidentally taxi over a fueling area in FSX, because the tanks get filled to their limits within the split of a second. This obviously is neither wanted nor realistic. As VRMM is a pretty narrow airport we decided against a fueling area to avoid accidental fueling, so you need to refuel your aircraft manually. ;)

Hello, did some maldives sim-flying today. Really great addon!

Some remarks: (under DX10)

There is some light flickering on the runway; this seem to be possible to be fixed nowdays by adding a small bit of tarmac somewhere - more on that in another thread on this forum - would be nice if u could fix it.

The dolphins are cool, but the sea where they swim as a slightly different colour than the rest of the sea, ( a small box area), which is bit of anoying. I suspect it is the reflection of the clouds which is managed differently as I did not notice this feature on a bright sky flight.

Some buildings textures (the blue ones) as well as the roofs of the cabins in the resorts are suffering from a terrible effect of moiree on my system, maybe I am doing something wrong in the texture resolution / aa setup ?

Please add more fishes wub.gif

Etienne

Flickering should not happen, I developed this using DX10. What tarmac-thread do you mean?

Dolpinhs: will need to check this, I didn't spot any problems, maybe you use ground scenery shadows?

The moiree effect, yes, an everlasting issue. With some textures I decided against mipmaps for better resolution, but it can lead to some of those effects if you use certain gfx cards. I guess we will offer the option to change textures on the update, that will come soon.

I think he meant where to find the fueling area on the airport, not finding the actual airport. If he wasn't able to spot that I would start to wonder if he really was on the Maldives. :lol:

Most pilots who want to fly "as real as it gets" are pretty annoyed everytime they accidentally taxi over a fueling area in FSX, because the tanks get filled to their limits within the split of a second. This obviously is neither wanted nor realistic. As VRMM is a pretty narrow airport we decided against a fueling area to avoid accidental fueling, so you need to refuel your aircraft manually. ;)

Oh I see, any way safe flying every one, stay in control and wish you all a very Happy New Year

I think he meant where to find the fueling area on the airport, not finding the actual airport.

so you need to refuel your aircraft manually. ;)

Thanks for that, yes I DID mean the fuel not the airport :lol: At least I know now what to do.

I did notice one thing though. In a Helicopter pressing <shift>F (I think it was) I got the reply "No fuel trucks available at this airport" I think it said. But in a plane I got the message "Fuel truck is on the way, you are number 2 in line" Not having done this before I have no way of knowing if this is normal or not. Any ideas? Anyway, the fuel truck came along and the fuel dialog popped up. I take it this is manually loading the fuel? It was pretty cool seeing this little truck driving upto the plane :D

Thanks again for a great piece of scenery, I'm off to explore it some more :lol:

Tony

EDIT: Okay scrap the fuel truck question, I just tried it again with my Helicopter and this time the fuel truck came. I'm gonna have the silly sod sacked though, cos he drove straight through my Heli :lol:

Hello,

Do you think Male X will properly blend with REX 2.0 water, runway and airport textures?

I don't really understand, why do people use REX (I'm not saying it's a bad product - their screenshots are awesome - , I only don't understand), because if we look into Mathijs's document, water and clouds effects are the biggest FPS eaters, aren't they? Logically, adding custom water and clouds effects will only give you worse FPS?

Could somebody please explain this to me?

Dolpinhs: will need to check this, I didn't spot any problems, maybe you use ground scenery shadows?

The moiree effect, yes, an everlasting issue. With some textures I decided against mipmaps for better resolution, but it can lead to some of those effects if you use certain gfx cards. I guess we will offer the option to change textures on the update, that will come soon.

Flickering should not happen, I developed this using DX10. What tarmac-thread do you mean?

http://www.forum.aer...en&fromsearch=1

> Yes I did... wacko.gif will try without tonit

> Would be great!!! clapping_s.gif

Ok ThoRe, removing the shadow option did solve the problem with the dolphins... My mistake, thanks for that. :bow_down2_s:

Flickering (sort of bad, can live with it :mellow:) and moiree of roof and buildings (bad :() to go.

And more fish and birds... :wub: there is soo much free fps on that scene, why not adding them? :P

Etienne

So many free fps? Really? That's good news of course. I will add some in the patch, but only for those "extremely dense" users.

Bad flickering? Then I can't live with it. Please attach a screenshot if possible.

Showing 'flickering' is always sort of a challenge... it happens each time the taxiways join the main runway...

Look at the yellow line and the 'grey' funy tramac.

20101118436504.png

20101118436977.png

20101118437523.png

The lines does a bit like : :jawdrop64_s:... hehhe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Showing 'flickering' is always sort of a challenge... it happens each time the taxiways join the main runway...

Look at the yellow line and the 'grey' funy tramac.

The lines does a bit like : ... hehhe

Move your fsx.cfg to another location and let FSX make a new one. Pretty sure that will sort out the problem. We see this a lot. for some reason the FSX.cfg has settings that are non standard and that cause the problems.

• Upvote 1

Bought this over the weekend because I was snowed in (long live downloads) and I had a great day exploring the scenery. Got a few more islands to go, but I can recommend this scenery without hessitation to people who like VFR flying.

• Upvote 1

Move your fsx.cfg to another location and let FSX make a new one. Pretty sure that will sort out the problem. We see this a lot. for some reason the FSX.cfg has settings that are non standard and that cause the problems.

Ok will try. Etienne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, not good when you add an Aerosoft link to you link bar :-) and you bought 3 product in 10 days.... grrrr...

First very nice! Just played an hour. Why, i spent an hour trying to make it work properly... LAGGGGGY, ouff, un-playable at first, tried every possible setting/adjustment and that scenery with the Twin Otter was just horrible. Finnaly i sat down and took a break. I came back, took a good general look at all setting and the only cursor i didn't move was the MAX FPS one, it was at unlimited like always. Well, putting this one at a fix FPS (35) solve everything big time, i mean i can even max out all other cursor and it's still super fluid. I don't understand this one. I just don't get it with that FPS cursor. I think i will leave it at 35 now forever, 35 FPS is fluid anyway. Hope that help others??? Maybe it's my computer???

Thanks guys, Ben