Aerosoft A-321/320 project

• Aerosoft

Quick note. I removed another 5 very negative comments towards Vasilius from this forum. There is really no need for letting everybody know you dislike the message he posted. Let's consider it an honest mishap (we have all written things we should not have written) and move on okay?

Yes we got a special module that allows you to save all variables as they are at that moment. Pretty cool thing actually.

Now that is a neat trick! You have thought of everything!

• Aerosoft

These rings still need to be added, you got a keen eye! Not sure about the illusion of hull thickness. It's something we discussed a few times but it's a small effect that needs a lot of polygons.

And I stand corrected. Stefan already added the effects needed to show the hull is a 3d structure.

post-43-126001529381_thumb.jpg

And I stand corrected. Stefan already added the effects needed to show the hull is a 3d structure.

Looking very good Mathijs.

I am personally a Boeing man but this will be in my fs collection the week it is releasedbiggrin.gif

Cheers,

Dylan

GREAT !! that's exactly what's needed to give the impression of a real cabin ! Thank you !!!!

Being now based in West Africa, I flew yesterday on AIR IVOIRE A321 (Abidjan based airline)... maybe you could make this AIR IVOIRE (simple by the way) livery since this is one of the few A321 operator in Africa..

Good luck

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

omg the screens are loooking sooooooooooooooooo extreme good, the model is just awesome!! hope it doenst take long time for realeas!!!

Yes we got a special module that allows you to save all variables as they are at that moment. Pretty cool thing actually.

You gotta be kidding me :blink: The chances of me buying this Airbus have suddenly increased with 50%

If you implement the possibility to "save" all variables, wouldn´t it be good to have the chance to even "set" the variables

(like airspeed, heading, altitude, panel state etc.) to have a kind of aircraft-internal instructor station?

It´s a big disadvantage of FSX that you don´t have the possibility to "expose" the aircraft e.g. in the 5 NM final

runway 25R EDDF etc. like it is in X-Plane or in real Full Flight Simulators.

Regards,

Timo

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

If you implement the possibility to "save" all variables, wouldn´t it be good to have the chance to even "set" the variables

(like airspeed, heading, altitude, panel state etc.) to have a kind of aircraft-internal instructor station?

It´s a big disadvantage of FSX that you don´t have the possibility to "expose" the aircraft e.g. in the 5 NM final

runway 25R EDDF etc. like it is in X-Plane or in real Full Flight Simulators.

Regards,

Timo

Me like... me going to check up on that.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
So there will be an A320 too?
Yes. As the professional project suddenly included that we sure won't leave it out of the FSX version.

Some more images of the current status. Most modeling done, shading is scheduled from Monday on.

post-43-126009452805_thumb.jpg

post-43-126009453734_thumb.jpg

post-43-126009454278_thumb.jpg

post-43-126009454873_thumb.jpg

post-43-126009455374_thumb.jpg

Me like... me going to check up on that.

Now that is a great idea! Hope that can be implemented? Can you keep us updated on this Mathijs? Wow just like a real simulator and what a fantastic way to learn how to fly the Airbus!

• Upvote 1

Infact could you make this work with any FSX aircraft and sell it as an extra add-0n (like the AES program) before every other developer does something similar to there new releases? 

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Infact could you make this work with any FSX aircraft and sell it as an extra add-0n (like the AES program) before every other developer does something similar to there new releases?

The problem is that making something that stores the setting of all default variables is easy (in fact that's what we already got in test now). But all serious aircraft use dozens of special variables that are non standard. Let me see what we can come up with okay?

• Upvote 2

There is already an addon, which you are looking for: It´s called "instructor station" by Luis Gordo. (Very nice and helpful guy, btw.)

But you always have to run a second software in the background, that´s the disadvantage.

Timo

Back to the wingflexing... I would also love to see that wingflex that you see when taxiing, taking off, landing, etc... but I think the main problem with modeling that for FS is that in real life, taxiways and runways are not completely flat; they have bounces, holes, i could go on. In flight simulator, taxiways and runways are completely flat with no holes whatsoever.

Sadly, I think that if we wanted to see the wingflex on the ground, we'd have to change the taxiways and runways first ): I'm really excited, however, to see what the A321's wingflex is going to be like. I personally think you guys should 'exaggerate' it cause it seems like every FS addon doesn't have enough wingflex...

Thanks,

-Matt

Nice shots ! I can't really see it on your shots but can you confirm that you modeled the cargo door hook ?

Thank you and please make our x-mas tree even more beautiful !!

• Aerosoft

Back to the wingflexing... I would also love to see that wingflex that you see when taxiing, taking off, landing, etc... but I think the main problem with modeling that for FS is that in real life, taxiways and runways are not completely flat; they have bounces, holes, i could go on. In flight simulator, taxiways and runways are completely flat with no holes whatsoever.

Sadly, I think that if we wanted to see the wingflex on the ground, we'd have to change the taxiways and runways first ): I'm really excited, however, to see what the A321's wingflex is going to be like. I personally think you guys should 'exaggerate' it cause it seems like every FS addon doesn't have enough wingflex...

Thanks,

-Matt

No no... we can do wing flex on the ground already (fully agreed with you, the movement of the wingtips is far more visible when the aircraft is driving around then when it is in the air). I am not 100% sure it will be included in the Airbus though.

No no... we can do wing flex on the ground already (fully agreed with you, the movement of the wingtips is far more visible when the aircraft is driving around then when it is in the air). I am not 100% sure it will be included in the Airbus though.

On rough surfaces it is doing this already. The physics (g force and so on) are doing it. I think the flexing on smooth surfaces is not a big deal. But be aware, then it would flex on old airports the same way, it does on complete new, smooth ones.

Cheers Joachim

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

so is it time for a video now?...the model looks great..every detail..hope the airbus is ready before christmas!

Mathijs, I respect you for your noble and professional attitude - that separates the men from the boys...

But back to the topic:

Can you confirm that most FSX-default-keystrokes for A/P, lights, engine start etc. work with your airbus?

It would be a pleasure to use my goflight-modules with this aircraft.

BTW, please define a keystroke for the range and mode of the ND, e.g. for the Goflight RP48 rotary knobs.

Thanks and Regards,

Timo