Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Hi Ratpack!

Sorry, its the graphics engine of the sim that borders here the visual appearance. What you mean is reflectivity combined with the so called fresnel effect.

So when you look from above at a surface its reflects less or darker than looked on a more flat angle. So water is brighter in some distance, because sky is stronger reflected there, then you look

step into the water.

FSX in basic has this option, but its functioning not 100 percent. It works until you reach around 10-20 degress flat angle on the surface. Then it begins vanishing again were it must be strongest.

Sorry thats so deep in the code of Aces Engine, that theres nothing to do now about it. This rest really in the heart of the program.

It gives me pain as a developer too. But we try to do the best here to get out of that what we can.

But wait until you see it in motion. Maybe you are more pleased than you may think now.

Thanks Mr. H, thats what I suspected. And of course this issue is true not especially for this work but also for many other add on aircrafts and also for the ones with so called HD liveries. So if we look at what is possible today especially in e.g. racing games like need for speed shift someone could become a bit jealous...

However, clearly looking forward to this plain!

Cheers,

Ratpack

Thanks Mr. H, thats what I suspected. And of course this issue is true not especially for this work but also for many other add on aircrafts and also for the ones with so called HD liveries. So if we look at what is possible today especially in e.g. racing games like need for speed shift someone could become a bit jealous...

However, clearly looking forward to this plain!

Cheers,

Ratpack

Well when was FSX released we must first ask. Its a time away.

But another fact is the sheer size of the environment. Arcade games spring with plenty of detail in our eye, but what we forget is that the sourrounding is much more narrow and simple that we would think.

In need for speed maybe we see some 500 Meters of landscape really modeled, the backdrop is mostly a well painted image.

In FSX however the landscape renders far more than 100 kilometers. And that distance we need simply to get the illusion of the curved world.

Now where Need for Speed condenses the total amount of polygons/textures, speak visual content, to a quarter square kilometer, there are 1000 of square kilometers to show at the same time in a flight sim.

And so a balance must be done that whole cinema keeps moving fluently. And not forget the complex flight model tasks and Gauges that must be calculated in background.

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

strobe effects, nav lights, etc all like the original? and can you add a virtual checklist, for example before take off, before engine start...??

• Aerosoft

Hi Ratpack!

Sorry, its the graphics engine of the sim that borders here the visual appearance. What you mean is reflectivity combined with the so called fresnel effect.

So when you look from above at a surface its reflects less or darker than looked on a more flat angle. So water is brighter in some distance, because sky is stronger reflected there, then you look step into the water. FSX in basic has this option, but its functioning not 100 percent. It works until you reach around 10-20 degress flat angle on the surface. Then it begins vanishing again were it must be strongest.

Sorry thats so deep in the code of Aces Engine, that theres nothing to do now about it. This rest really in the heart of the program. It gives me pain as a developer too. But we try to do the best here to get out of that what we can. But wait until you see it in motion. Maybe you are more pleased than you may think now.

Besides, those aircraft are REALLY squeaky clean, the shots must have been done for a Air France shoot because I assure you, they don't look like that at the end of a working period just before they go in for servicing.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

can you post some Screenshots of the VC ?

Sure, this of the build from 18:00 today. The instruments are slowly being installed in the VC at this moment (the nav display should be with us very soon) and today we cleaned up the animations and added the cones and chocks, these can be set using a special menu bt. Note the 160 fps average on the VC. Now this will drop for sure because we're adding stuff and it's done with very low scenery settings, but still not bad for a machine that you can buy for 750 Euro.

post-43-12641821311_thumb.jpg

post-43-126418213423_thumb.jpg

post-43-126418214087_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

strobe effects, nav lights, etc all like the original? and can you add a virtual checklist, for example before take off, before engine start...??

Lights will partially ok (the default lighting system of FSX is bad, very bad) but the same as you'll find on Wilco, PMDG etc. Partially they will be spectacular as we found out some pretty new tricks. Scroll up a page or two and you see some very nice lights.

Checklists will be professional and on paper, like real pilots use. We feel that for a project like this a checklist on screen will simply not work well enough. Was nice in the Catalina etc, but not for a complex airliner.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

LOL fair enough, Can you add EGNM to AES?

Sure, when there is solid scenery for that airport and the developer wants it, I am sure we'll add it. But the request got to come from the developer of the addon as we need his help.

• Upvote 1

Sure, when there is solid scenery for that airport and the developer wants it, I am sure we'll add it. But the request got to come from the developer of the addon as we need his help.

Bummer no add-on at all for EGNM! 

Sure, this of the build from 18:00 today. The instruments are slowly being installed in the VC at this moment (the nav display should be with us very soon) and today we cleaned up the animations and added the cones and chocks, these can be set using a special menu bt. Note the 160 fps average on the VC. Now this will drop for sure because we're adding stuff and it's done with very low scenery settings, but still not bad for a machine that you can buy for 750 Euro.

Wonderful looking cockpit.

U guys are really managing to do a great Airbus! :D

• Aerosoft

so we get a checklist on paper with the bus?

Of course, we do very serious manuals. Of course these days with manuals of many hundreds of pages it is not possible to print all of them and put then in the DVD box but the checklist is vital. The manual is also progressing nicely. I will add two pages so you can see what to expect in the PDF's.

post-43-126418791168_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I really love this airbus and I am going to buy it !.... however I find the VC textures less realistic than the one from the other company who just release a buggy A320... ( won't name them because I don't like their way of communicating...)

see pictures below... I don't know if it comes from resolution, brightness or anything else..... Maybe I am wrong.... just a feeling looking at the Aerosot shots recently posted... and because I want Aerosoft to be the best airbus... !

Mathijs,

i love the the reflection in the CDU!!!

(i hope it is a reflection and not just a texture for the pilots point of view...?!)

The only thing is, shouldn´t the throttle levers and the trim wheels look a little bit more glossy?

Regards,

Timo

Mathijs,

i love the the reflection in the CDU!!!

(i hope it is a reflection and not just a texture for the pilots point of view...?!)

The only thing is, shouldn´t the throttle levers and the trim wheels look a little bit more glossy?

Regards,

Timo

Hi Timo,

Yes I think you are right, the thing that made me say that the AS VC was looking better is due to a general lack of glossy...

By way of comparison, this is what i mean:

532907831_826880e413.jpg?v=0

I think the levers, trim wheels, spoiler- and flaps-handles have a gloss varnish in the

original airbus...

(...or maybe the shine comes from the PF´s sweat...)

Timo

• Upvote 1

Just a thought is it possible to have more 'tool tips' shown over the gauges i.e speed altitude etc for people with smaller screens? A lot of add-on aircraft I have these days seem to only do half a job on this and I don't run Anti-aliasing so sometimes the read out is hard to see? also is it possible to implement a technique that Realair have done with the duke with 'click zones' so if you click on the so called panel in full VC mode it takes you to the close up of that particular panel and then a left click takes you back to the main VC? Its very intuitive and means you use the VC more and not the keyboard :rolleyes:

• Aerosoft

I really love this airbus and I am going to buy it !.... however I find the VC textures less realistic than the one from the other company who just release a buggy A320... ( won't name them because I don't like their way of communicating...)

see pictures below... I don't know if it comes from resolution, brightness or anything else..... Maybe I am wrong.... just a feeling looking at the Aerosot shots recently posted... and because I want Aerosoft to be the best airbus... !

Cassis, with apologies, but I had to remove your image. Airsimmers has asked us by means of a letter from a lawyer not to use this forum to compare the two products. We don't really understand as it's a different sim, different idea, and a very different price but hey if they want it... Your removed image showed that they done excellent modeling, certainly within the limits of FS2004. Great stuff.

Our bus will get a photoshoot next week that will show it a bit better then the simple shots I posted so far.

• Upvote 1