Aerosoft A-321/320 project

• Aerosoft

I'm sort of hoping something like that is integrated into the Bus or something on the lines that the Wilco Airbus has which is a neat trick really :rolleyes:

But not realistic. I am not too eager to add non realistic stuff while there is a lot of realistic stuff that might not include. I kind of like to use a table to get the right numbers don't you? Of course you can always use tools like the one here advised, that's one I used before, pretty accurate almost within a few knots from what the tables give me.

But not realistic. I am not too eager to add non realistic stuff while there is a lot of realistic stuff that might not include. I kind of like to use a table to get the right numbers don't you? Of course you can always use tools like the one here advised, that's one I used before, pretty accurate almost within a few knots from what the tables give me.

I was maybe thinking on the lines of what PMDG have done with the Jet-stream with the interactive table on the PF side?   

I understand that you're not making a 318, but a 319 would be nice, since there's many of them around and it is a good looking plane. Easyjet has only 319's. Of course it's up to you, if you don't wish to make a A319, forget about it.

I understand that you're not making a 318, but a 319 would be nice, since there's many of them around and it is a good looking plane. Easyjet has only 319's. Of course it's up to you, if you don't wish to make a A319, forget about it.

EasyJet does own a few A320s actually, so can still fly 'realistically' with an EasyJet bus ;) I agree though that an A319 would be nice :)

Click for photo

Regarding the V-spped tables...

Note that in real life determing V1, Vr, V2 etc. is more complex than just a few tables.

V-speeds depends on Aircraft weight, Ambient temperature, Runway length and slope, Runway altitude (MSL) and some other factors.

In real life each Airport/Runway has it´s own tables. V-speeds are normally calculated by the dispatcher shortly before startup of the flight.

Finn

Regarding the V-spped tables...

Note that in real life determing V1, Vr, V2 etc. is more complex than just  a few tables.

V-speeds depends on Aircraft weight, Ambient temperature, Runway length and slope, Runway altitude (MSL) and some other factors.

In real life each Airport/Runway has it´s own tables. V-speeds are normally calculated by the dispatcher shortly before startup of the flight.

Finn

I have seen Airbus pilots using laptops and company programs to work out the Vspeeds pretty much just after receiving the load sheet, it would be nice to have a module that can mimic this kind of operation something similar to the 'calculator' mentioned my Timo earlier? If the calculator would work with Aerosoft's Airbus I'd gladly use it but it states 'default Airbus Only' so I don't know :rolleyes:

Well even if you are not flying online it is by no means unrealistic to set your altitudes by just setting it on the glareshield, right? And Approach mode... auch. That's the hardest mode to program and to explain to customers. But I am looking at it right now so who knows what will happen.

I will second the request for approach mode. Airbus is designed to fly in "phases", and if the other phases (preflight, take-off, climb, cruise) are modeled on a limited basis, not having the approach phase will mean reverting to Boeing style for the final segment. Maybe I shouldn't assume the phases are implemented here, I better go back and reread the features.

Curt

• Aerosoft

I will second the request for approach mode. Airbus is designed to fly in "phases", and if the other phases (preflight, take-off, climb, cruise) are modeled on a limited basis, not having the approach phase will mean reverting to Boeing style for the final segment. Maybe I shouldn't assume the phases are implemented here, I better go back and reread the features.

Curt

All the flight stages are implemented, we need those for many of the displays. As I said, let's not go over each and every system now. We are adding what we can, what fits in our ideas and what matches our budget (keep in mind this is a 30 euro product, not a 60 euro like some that people compare it too).

Curt

Flightphases are implementet in the Aerosoft Airbus. Infact alot of stuff are dependent on that, like ECAM messages etc.

Approach mode (Arming and flying ILS approaches) will also be implementet.

Currently we are experimenting with the Autoland feature, but this has to be custom programmed, since FSX doesn´t feature this as such (good old FS98 actually had it).

ECAM Take off and Landing memos (actual checklists) will also appear for the appropiate flightphase.

The various phases are:

1: Electrical power On

2: Second engine started

3: Take off power applied

4: Airspeed > 80 kts

5: Lift off

6: Above 1500 ft AGL (climb, cruise, descend until...)

7: Below 800 ft AGL

8: Touch down

9: Airspeed < 80 kts

10: Second engine shut down

Finn

Edit !! LOL didn´t see Mathijs response after posting this.

Flightphases are implementet in the Aerosoft Airbus. Infact alot of stuff are dependent on that, like ECAM messages etc.

Approach mode (Arming and flying ILS approaches) will also be implementet.

Currently we are experimenting with the Autoland feature, but this has to be custom programmed, since FSX doesn´t feature this as such (good old FS98 actually had it).

ECAM Take off and Landing memos (actual checklists) will also appear for the appropiate flightphase.

The various phases are:

1: Electrical power On

2: Second engine started

3: Take off power applied

4: Airspeed > 80 kts

5: Lift off

6: Above 1500 ft AGL (climb, cruise, descend until...)

7: Below 800 ft AGL

8: Touch down

9: Airspeed < 80 kts

10: Second engine shut down

Finn

Edit !! LOL didn´t see Mathijs response after posting this.

So the approach mode (like the default Aircraft) is supported? I think some people are getting confused (including me lol) with 'approach mode' and 'approach phase':D

Autoland works fine now... even calls me a retard.

:lol::lol::lol:

I know pilots get paid halfway descent money, but the humiliation of hearing that every time they land?

So the approach mode (like the default Aircraft) is supported? I think some people are getting confused (including me lol) with 'approach mode' and 'approach phase':D

Wait! Don´t mix up "approach mode" and "approach phase".

Of course this aircraft will have the "approach mode" - even the simplest addon aircrafts

and the default aircrafts have it.

It only means that the aircraft will follow the glidepath and glideslope (ILS)

automatically.

"Approach phase" is something different and very airbus-specific!

It means that autothrottle determines the speed DEPENDING on the flaps-setting!!!

It´s activated automatically when passing the DECEL-waypoint during descend or can

be activated via the PERF-page on the FMC.

So the PF doesn´t touch the throttle-levers until he (or she) wants to activate

the reversers.

In most airbus addons (Wilco, vasFMC etc.) this is implemented and it´s a real

significant airbus-feature, so i pray it will be implemented in the aerosoft airbus, too!

Regards,

Timo

and Kwiss, the TPC is not limited for the default aircraft.

It´s written by a real A320-pilot and he just had to add "... for MS aircrafts only..." for legal reasons.

Otherwise some low-cost-airlines would use it... :D

and Kwiss, the TPC is not limited for the default aircraft.

It´s written by a real A320-pilot and he just had to add "... for MS aircrafts only..." for legal reasons.

Otherwise some low-cost-airlines would use it... :D

• Aerosoft

"Approach phase" is something different and very airbus-specific! It means that autothrottle determines the speed DEPENDING on the flaps-setting!!! It´s activated automatically when passing the DECEL-waypoint during descend or can be activated via the PERF-page on the FMC So the PF doesn´t touch the throttle-levers until he (or she) wants to activate the reversers.

Yes of course this is implemented.