Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Sure that would be no problem as we intend to keep a lot of things as close as possible to the standard FSX. I think it will even show the flightplan that you can make in the MCDU.

Okay, awesome, thanks, and for the airline pack thing, it'd be nice if you included a couple airlines from each area of the world. Like... One or two from the US. One from Canada. One Central and South American Airline. A couple European airlines, and an Asian and Australian airline. So that we can fly wherever we want right when it's released!!! And, will there be a repaint installer for other freeware liveries?

thanks,

-Matt

Our average customer is a nice middle aged guy, on his own, after a long day in the office with a glass of beer in his hand, looking at a small screen and pretending to be a pilot.

I'm sorry, but I resent that remark, Mathijs...I drink beer directly from the bottle. B)

• Aerosoft

Some people asked about the paint kit. attached is the documentation for it. Not for fainthearted FS2004 repainters. But if you think you can handle it, contact us on support@aerosoft.com and if we think you can help us we'll send you the model and the paint kit.

Aerosoft A321X Painkit.pdf

Some people asked about the paint kit. attached is the documentation for it. Not for fainthearted FS2004 repainters. But if you think you can handle it, contact us on support@aerosoft.com and if we think you can help us we'll send you the model and the paint kit.

That's easy ;-)

Cheers,

André F

Keep in mind that a real bus is flown by two highly trained, sober and rested pilots, hopefully well paid for what they do (though new pilots in the US make jack ##### for the responsibility they got, always scares me when I fly in the US). Our average customer is a nice middle aged guy, on his own, after a long day in the office with a glass of beer in his hand, looking at a small screen and pretending to be a pilot.

I think your description "a middle ground, an approach to draw in customers from both camps. It needs to be "real" enough to draw in the "simulation" lovers, but simple in execution to draw in the "game" lovers" is very correct. The problem is that there is a rather limited group of customers that like the more complex stuff while it is very expensive to cater for them (Airsimmers admitted running out of money trying to get there and we fully understand). Joe Average who reads this forums thinks there are a lot of people wanting the complex stuff but the simple fact is that 85% of the people who will buy this product (hopefully) will never go to this forum. People here are preaching to the converted. I like a bit more complex model, you like a bit more complex model, the readers of this message like a bit more complex model, but the people who will pay for our our mortgages do not. it really is that simple.

Mathijs, I appreciate your response. You've been very straight forward and honest in setting appropriate expectations, and I like that. Based on the feature list you provided earlier, I'll be a customer. :)

Curt

• Aerosoft

Just popping in, but are you planning to create the A318 and A319? And if no, why not? :)

Sorry no plans for that at this moment. No real reason, perhaps only that we think it will not be worthwhile commercially to add these aircraft as they are similar to the A321/320. We also like to move the development team we got on this to another project.

• Aerosoft

Mr. Kok,

Will you be posting the Installation Manual (or "AFM") for this Airbus before it's release?

PS: She's looking pretty nice on those external screenshots. cool.gif

I think the manuals will be on the product page when we release, not before.

Quote of the real A320-pilot: ..."You know Mathijs, all those vertical navigation and planning functions in the Airbus are great. They really work. They can safe a lot of fuel, they can make our life a lot easier. However there are sometimes whole days where we don't use them as ATC controls what level we fly...

Yes, that´s true of course, but unfortunately this doesn´t count for your clientele, as i think only very few of them/us are online-pilots.

Looking forward nevertheless.

My biggest wish is that the "approach-mode"-activation is implemented...

Thanks and regards,

Timo

• Aerosoft

Yes, that´s true of course, but unfortunately this doesn´t count for your clientele, as i think only very few of them/us are online-pilots.

Looking forward nevertheless.

My biggest wish is that the "approach-mode"-activation is implemented...

Thanks and regards,

Timo

Well even if you are not flying online it is by no means unrealistic to set your altitudes by just setting it on the glareshield, right? And Approach mode... auch. That's the hardest mode to program and to explain to customers. But I am looking at it right now so who knows what will happen.

Sorry no plans for that at this moment. No real reason, perhaps only that we think it will not be worthwhile commercially to add these aircraft as they are similar to the A321/320. We also like to move the development team we got on this to another project.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz make A330 - A340 the only good A330 AND A340 is from CLS which is good for FS2004 not for FSX plz make A330 plzzzzzzzzzz

• Upvote 2

Yes indeed! We need an A330/A340. There's hardly a good product on the market of those airplanes. Come on Aerosoft you need to stay Competetive, you really should start making the 330/340 models before others do ;) Because if other producers start making the 330/340 models and then also Aerosoft starts to make the 330/340 models, everyone will call you copy cats :lol: ...

Hi Mathijs, I'm still interested to know how Vspeeds will be calculated? Will there be some kind of card system or will we have to enter them another way?

Hi Mathijs, I'm still interested to know how Vspeeds will be calculated? Will there be some kind of card system or will we have to enter them another way?  

There is a very good freeware software to calculate the Vspeeds similar to the software real pilots use. Very easy to handle.

Look here: http://www.fsip200x.com/tpc.htm

It´s called: TPC "takeoff performance calculator"

Maybe the new Airbus has something similar on his "kneeboard"...

Regards,

Timo

There is a very good freeware software to calculate the Vspeeds similar to the software real pilots use. Very easy to handle.

Regards,

Timo

I'm sort of hoping something like that is integrated into the Bus or something on the lines that the Wilco Airbus has which is a neat trick really :rolleyes:  

• Aerosoft

Regards,

Timo

I think the 380 has a computer that does it. For our model we now decided to insert the raw figure we already go for some other bits of the software. So the user can accept that (it will be good enough in FSX for sure) or look up the more accurate number in the tables we provide.

I think the 380 has a computer that does it. For our model we now decided to insert the raw figure we already go for some other bits of the software. So the user can accept that (it will be good enough in FSX for sure) or look up the more accurate number in the tables we provide.

So we can still use the FLEX option (wet runways, runway lengths assumed temp etc)?