Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Mathijs: I have this one plane it's called Coolsky MD-80. They've modelled a lot of the buttons and quite honestly only hardcore simfans could ever remember how to setup the aircraft. However the one thing it does offer like your product is the ability to set the state to "ready for takeoff". Also they have an interactive tutorial that goes through all the panels and points out where everything is and when to turn it on and off. Honestly this is the best approach since it's a decent offering for beginners, beginners who want to learn more, and enough to keep us experts occupied. It would be a nice feature for your product, as well.

Mathijs: I have this one plane it's called Coolsky MD-80. They've modelled a lot of the buttons and quite honestly only hardcore simfans could ever remember how to setup the aircraft. However the one thing it does offer like your product is the ability to set the state to "ready for takeoff". Also they have an interactive tutorial that goes through all the panels and points out where everything is and when to turn it on and off. Honestly this is the best approach since it's a decent offering for beginners, beginners who want to learn more, and enough to keep us experts occupied. It would be a nice feature for your product, as well.

The options to set and save various panel states, like Cold & Dark, Ready to taxi and Ready for takeoff will be included.

The interactive way of showing procedures for setting knobs and buttons, like done on the Coolsky, only works on 2D panels, wich the Airbus will not have.

Finn

• Aerosoft

Just a small question. Air Berlin only flies with CFM equipped engines and therefore I guess we'll only have the CFM soundset and model?

Yes, but I think some artistic freedom will allow repainters to paint aircraft with a different engine. I know this will undoubtfully upset the puritans among us, but as you know this does not overly concern us. As with previous projects (F-16, Catalina, Twin Otter etc) we tend to merge the existing models into one base model. I always use myself as the norm and I would not give a flying hoot if my Bus has a CFM or a different engine.

• Upvote 1

Just a small question. Air Berlin only flies with CFM equipped engines and therefore I guess we'll only have the CFM soundset and model? ...

Not quite true, Air Berlin also has 3 IAE-models of the A319, but these are the "exotics" (taken over from independence air).

But IAE engines are not so popular for airlines which also have a B737-fleet.

@Mathijs, apropos engines:

the spool-up-behavior of the default CFM-engines of FSX is too steady.

The spool up to 50% N1 should last noticable longer than the increase from 50% to 100%.

(general turbine-engine character)

Did you implement the realistic "spool-up-curve"?

Thanks

Timo

I can. These images however do have the final dirt layers. Repainters can of course increase or decrease this.

HOLY MAMA! can it get better than that? even surpassing captain sim in terms of polygons... will there be an A320/19 expansion i hope????? :excellenttext_s::o

• Aerosoft

HOLY MAMA! can it get better than that? even surpassing captain sim in terms of polygons... will there be an A320/19 expansion i hope????? :excellenttext_s::o

We are a way beyond Captain Sim in those aspects. Not saying it is better, just saying this is a model we intend to use for a few years.

what kinds of frames could i expect on a 2.13 Ghz 3gb RAM system with a GeForcce 7500LE graphics card?

i normally get around 8-15 in the pmdg md-11 and 747 at default high detail airports... just wondering whether this detailed model will have frame rate magic programmed for lower range systems.

can't wait till mcphat gets a hold o this lol

P.S. I'm still curious about the A320 expansion, is that viable in the future? or will it stick to the A321 base model?

the A320 is becoming a classic airliner that deserves a place next to the 737NG in simulation, and i think it deserves a place in fsx through an addon of this quality

• Aerosoft

i have a real question... are the weather radar are inclued?

I don't think so. Two reasons, for one there simply is no way for FSX to say where there is precipitation outside the actual location of the viewpoint (and then you see the rain right) so all weather radars are more of less clever fakes and we don't like that idea a lot. The second reason is that it might create a very heavy toll on framerates.

But who knows what will happen over time.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

what kinds of frames could i expect on a 2.13 Ghz 3gb RAM system with a GeForcce 7500LE graphics card?

i normally get around 8-15 in the pmdg md-11 and 747 at default high detail airports... just wondering whether this detailed model will have frame rate magic programmed for lower range systems.

can't wait till mcphat gets a hold o this lol

P.S. I'm still curious about the A320 expansion, is that viable in the future? or will it stick to the A321 base model?

the A320 is becoming a classic airliner that deserves a place next to the 737NG in simulation, and i think it deserves a place in fsx through an addon of this quality

It will be less dramatic on FPS then the PMDG models. And the A320 is planned to be included (as noted already).

Mathijs, as we can see on the ALITALIA livery,

you let the aircraft have that realistic "wear-and-tear"-look.

Really amazing! Great paint job!

Do you still plan to make the VC flawless and so get an aircraft

which "has a life" outside but looks fresh out of Toulouse inside?

Thanks,

Timo

Mathijs, as we can see on the ALITALIA livery,

you let the aircraft have that realistic "wear-and-tear"-look.

Really amazing! Great paint job!

Do you still plan to make the VC flawless and so get an aircraft

which "has a life" outside but looks fresh out of Toulouse inside?

Thanks,

Timo

Still work in progress there.