Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Hello Mathijs,

First of all, i must thank you for all your great products. You always release wonderful planes, scenery...

A real pleasure to discover your new products, and especially this upcoming Airbus...

As a matter of fact, and regarding your "repainter needed", let me propose my services.

Beeing a graphic designer & also a FS enthusiast, for the past years i've already made lot of repaints for MSFS, Nemeth Designs, Wilco, Alphasim...

Total amount of downloads for those textures, are over 40 000! (through Avsim, and other dedicated websites).

Today, i'd pleased to help you out releasing some textures for this Airbus of yours.

I must say, that i do know very well Air France, and that i'd be pleased to offer you - as a starter - this aircraft in his old and new livery.

If you want some samples of my work, feel free to write me back, i'll post you some screenshots.

Kind regards

Sebastien PERO / a.k.a TEMPLAR92, a.k.a SILAAS...

Did you read Mathijs's post? It said email him...

I've been following this thread for some time now. I was initially convinced that with the system depth I normally desire, this probably wouldn't be for me. But, after examining everything you have posted recently, I must seriously reconsider. You have sought realism in so many other areas that it's looking very appealing. The visuals are excellent; the sounds are taken from a real Airbus; the history of Aerosoft regarding flight dynamics is solid. The price is very good, too! I know not having a comprehensive MCDU may be missed, but it all comes down to what is usable and what is not. If you have more details to share on this, I'm anxious to hear.

Curt

Hey,

this is off topic but it's something I've been wondering for a long time.. what are these "floats" for under the wing? And what's their name? I tried to find information on the internet but it's difficult as I don't know what they are called :P

Hi,

If I correctly understood what you are referring to, I think you meant the flap tracks. They house the mechanism for the flap movements like the actuators, etc and are designed to be aerodynamically streamlined to reduce the drag.

Dinshaw.

• Aerosoft

I've been following this thread for some time now. I was initially convinced that with the system depth I normally desire, this probably wouldn't be for me. But, after examining everything you have posted recently, I must seriously reconsider. You have sought realism in so many other areas that it's looking very appealing. The visuals are excellent; the sounds are taken from a real Airbus; the history of Aerosoft regarding flight dynamics is solid. The price is very good, too! I know not having a comprehensive MCDU may be missed, but it all comes down to what is usable and what is not. If you have more details to share on this, I'm anxious to hear.

Curt

Strangely enough, we have not fully defined this fully and we are leaving it fluid at this moment. We find that some things are relative easy to implement and to explain to users. Those will be included. Other things are just too complex or simply do not fit into the product we envision. For example if you enter a ICAO code that's not in the database you will not be asked to enter all data for a new runway to be added to the database

But we'll use a full navigation database that's up-datable, you will be able to make the flightplan in the MCDU etc.

I ask this days before. Can we set up the default FSX SID/Stars?? Some "lite" FMCs use this function or setup a Rwy extension. Using Vtroute last Point at the flightplan is the Transition....... but looks you changed the goal or the system deep?

Greets

Stefan

But we'll use a full navigation database that's up-datable, you will be able to make the flightplan in the MCDU etc.

That is an interesting comment Mathijs... I might understand this as meaning the Aerosoft A320/1 may come with navigraph support for the FMGC?

Quite a selling point I believe, particularly for the online network flyers...

Of course, I am not trying to put words into your mouth, just trying to understand what may be meant by the comment "full navigation database that's updatable"...

Andrew

• Aerosoft

I ask this days before. Can we set up the default FSX SID/Stars?? Some "lite" FMCs use this function or setup a Rwy extension. Using Vtroute last Point at the flightplan is the Transition....... but looks you changed the goal or the system deep?

Greets

Stefan

I don't think FSX has any default SIDs and STARs. But there is no database of SIDs and STARs, so they will be seen as standard waypoints.

• Aerosoft

That is an interesting comment Mathijs... I might understand this as meaning the Aerosoft A320/1 may come with navigraph support for the FMGC?

Quite a selling point I believe, particularly for the online network flyers...

Of course, I am not trying to put words into your mouth, just trying to understand what may be meant by the comment "full navigation database that's updatable"...

Andrew

Yes, you will be able to update the database with navigraph, as we use a default format there is no need for the FMGC to have any special support. We decided this because it seemed a good compromise. No need to update of course as we include an up to date database.

Yes, you will be able to update the database with navigraph, as we use a default format there is no need for the FMGC to have any special support. We decided this because it seemed a good compromise. No need to update of course as we include an up to date database.

So Navigraph AIRACs will de downloadable for the Aerosoft A320/1... I am sure that is going to be a selling point...

And an update will be necessary in due course, as the AIRAC gets older ;)

Andrew

Wow that's awesome news about the navigraph support for sids and stars.... the only other button I need is FIX and HOLD and we're set! I have a feeling this is going to be my new favorite plane. I wonder how many will upgrade to FSX just for a decent bus :)

I'm getting more and more enthused about this project. I can't speak for the developers, but I think they realize you can take a sim with some complexity, and still make it very simple to use. With saved panel states available here, you can set up a very detailed flight plan and save it. In a hurry? No problem, just load a previously saved flight. Have three hours to kill? Then create a plan, key it in, etc.. and enjoy the realism. The best of both worlds can be served.:)

Curt

Is it possible to see the Bus at night so we can get an idea of how it looks with the lighting and night textures (external views)? I'm interested to see the cabin lights and landing lights!  :rolleyes:

Just a small question. Air Berlin only flies with CFM equipped engines and therefore I guess we'll only have the CFM soundset and model?

P.S.

I hope the main installer only will come with a couple liveries like an Airbus, Aerosoft and Air Berlin livery in order to not to be too large and install unwanted liveries?