Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Mathijs!!!! IMPORTAN!! PLS READ THIS!!!!!:

i dont know if its possible, but could u realise this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0pIa0AlGR4&feature=related (I know it is a 777!) this effect on the engines? i mean the twist in the middle , (i dont mean the water^^) i don´t know how to call. anyway. is it possible? never seen an effect like this in FSX!

and also merry christmas to you and all aerosoft supporters and FS fans!

• Aerosoft

Mathijs/Aerosoft, that is seriously impressive modelling. Great work.

One question and I apologise if this been asked/answered before. I read that you plan on producing an advanced version in the future. Do you plan on making a cockpit builders version with FSUIPC offsets, similar to what Airsimmer may be offering?

Thanks

Rhydian

In all our aircraft we tend to use as much of the default keys and events as possible, even if this means we got to reduce functionality (a bit). So we do not expect a lot of problems in this regard.

• Aerosoft

i dont know if its possible, but could u realise this : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related (I know it is a 777!) this effect on the engines? i mean the twist in the middle , (i dont mean the water^^) i don´t know how to call. anyway. is it possible? never seen an effect like this in FSX!

No, we really believe we should focus on the cockpit and what can be see from the cockpit. All these things are nice effects, but after you seen it one time you'll never bother again.

i dont know if its possible, but could u realise this : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related (I know it is a 777!) this effect on the engines? i mean the twist in the middle , (i dont mean the water^^) i don´t know how to call. anyway. is it possible? never seen an effect like this in FSX!

What do you mean with "Twist in the middle"? Rotating engine fans or this temporary fog? Dynamic engines are default since FS2000?

I am trying to locate the statement referring to the scope of this project , but i cant find it . Anyway i do remember vaguely that it is meant to be a light version of airbus (for which probably a large market exists)

Anyhow there are many indicators from my recent training experience on airbus , to show that a rather large market exists for a complex add-on capable to replicate normal and abnormal mode . I do realise the enormousness of the task , but then again it is aerosoft who deals with the largest FS projects . I also know of another on-going project from another publisher ( i already own its basic version) , but never the less , those seriously interested in a complex add-on for training or personal reasons most probably get either or both ( i most certainly will) . Once more i believe the market for complex airbus projects is big enough . What are your thoughts ?

This Airbus will be a somewhat light version, meaning that a fully progamable MCDU won´t be included.

It will use standard FSX flightplans, build with either the FSX inbuild flightplanner, or 3rd party flightplanners, like FS Commander or FSBuild.

Personally I don´t think that a fully simulated Airbus ever will happen for FSX. The reason is that it would require almost an exact replica of the real Airbus software. How close other addon developers will come is hard to say.

But there is definitly a reason why no "proper" Airbus (newer generation) has benn done for FS until now.

There is a very big difference between Boeing and Airbus aircraft. The level of automation in an Airbus is very high.

As long as You keep simulating normal procedures it can be done, though FSX code (and earlier FS versions) really is optimised for Boeing type aircraft.

But simulating abnormal procedures is an immense task. For each failure / warning-caution message there is a checklist that will appear on the ECAM's, telling the pilot what to do etc. etc.

And even for a seasoned hardcore simmer it would be impossible to learn the ins and outs of the systems apart from if he attended a real type rating course.

The Aerosoft Airbus is targeted at the broader audience - those who don´t have time or the desire to go through an hour of flightplanning before even having started the engines.

This doesn´t mean that we won´t go to deeps with the simulation of the aircraft systems, f.ex have we included appr. 100 warning and caution messages for the Upper ECAM, Auto call up of relevant system pages on the lower ECAM, should a warning or caution occur as well as redaouts for almost all kind of temperatures, pressures, system states etc.

So I´m sure that there will be more than enough to play for those who wants to learn how an Airbus 321/320 is managed during a normal flight from A to B.

Here some shots of the ECAM's (NOTE !! This is still a work in progress):

Ready for take off (Almost;)) note the Take off memo on the lower part of the upper ECAM:

post-7458-126195295297_thumb.jpg

Take off power applied, but the aircraft has not been correctly configured:

post-7458-126195302421_thumb.jpg

Take off power applied with the aircraft properly configured:

post-7458-126195307415_thumb.jpg

After take off and in cruise phase:

post-7458-12619531186_thumb.jpg

Approach phase - Landing Memo shown on lower part of the Upper ECAM:

post-7458-126195318094_thumb.jpg

Finn

This Airbus will be a somewhat light version, meaning that a fully progamable MCDU won´t be included.

It will use standard FSX flightplans, build with either the FSX inbuild flightplanner, or 3rd party flightplanners, like FS Commander or FSBuild.

Personally I don´t think that a fully simulated Airbus ever will happen for FSX. The reason is that it would require almost an exact replica of the real Airbus software. How close other addon developers will come is hard to say.

But there is definitly a reason why no "proper" Airbus (newer generation) has benn done for FS until now.

There is a very big difference between Boeing and Airbus aircraft. The level of automation in an Airbus is very high.

As long as You keep simulating normal procedures it can be done, though FSX code (and earlier FS versions) really is optimised for Boeing type aircraft.

But simulating abnormal procedures is an immense task. For each failure / warning-caution message there is a checklist that will appear on the ECAM's, telling the pilot what to do etc. etc.

And even for a seasoned hardcore simmer it would be impossible to learn the ins and outs of the systems apart from if he attended a real type rating course.

The Aerosoft Airbus is targeted at the broader audience - those who don´t have time or the desire to go through an hour of flightplanning before even having started the engines.

This doesn´t mean that we won´t go to deeps with the simulation of the aircraft systems, f.ex have we included appr. 100 warning and caution messages for the Upper ECAM, Auto call up of relevant system pages on the lower ECAM, should a warning or caution occur as well as redaouts for almost all kind of temperatures, pressures, system states etc.

So I´m sure that there will be more than enough to play for those who wants to learn how an Airbus 321/320 is managed during a normal flight from A to B.

Here some shots of the ECAM's (NOTE !! This is still a work in progress):

Ready for take off (Almost;)) note the Take off memo on the lower part of the upper ECAM:

post-7458-126195295297_thumb.jpg

Take off power applied, but the aircraft has not been correctly configured:

post-7458-126195302421_thumb.jpg

Take off power applied with the aircraft properly configured:

post-7458-126195307415_thumb.jpg

After take off and in cruise phase:

post-7458-12619531186_thumb.jpg

Approach phase - Landing Memo shown on lower part of the Upper ECAM:

post-7458-126195318094_thumb.jpg

Finn

Looks awesome! This bird will be for FSX only right? :)

- Emil

I located the original posting for the airbus project . Of particular interest is the underlined extract in italics below . Assuming there is no non- disclosure agreement for the profesional spin-off from the airbus project , can you give a few more details about it?

''We checked out every Airbus project in development at this moment but we could not find any project simular to this one. As we got deals with companies like Air Berlin for marketing and more than one professional spin-off from this project signed up we got a lot of time and money to make this project look totally stunning, have enough system depth and a flight model that will knock your socks off. You will NOT fly this aircraft, you will kindly ask the computers to do what you request.''

Guest inbrekers1

Looks great. But shouldn't the gear bay doors be closed when your on the ground? The shot of the before take-off configuration tells me that the gear bay doors are open. Also I'm have my doubts about the letter-type or size.. But as I'm not a real world Airbus nor Boeing pilot, I could be very easily wrong here.

Anyway the plane is on my buy list.

This really gives some light about a bunch of things! smile.gif...

Hello Finn,

ingenious screenshots! - Congrats!

When can we expect the first screenshots of the ND?

And furthermore: the panel looks very three-dimensional because of

the amount of 3D-elements and slight shadows. Great work!

(But i noticed that the shadow of the gear-lever always stays in the

"up"-position. Is there a way to "link" this shadow with the real

lever-position?

Sorry if this is nit-picking or if this is part of the "work in progress".)

Maybe it´s an option for your aerosoft 2012 sim to have shadows depending

on the light-source.

Regards,

Timo

what about the sound?! TSS??? :rolleyes:

No, i think aerosoft will develop their own sound environment of the engines and many actions in the VC

(switches, table, etc.) with all possibilities of FSX (sound cone effect etc.).

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

i hope we´ll have a new experience with the sound, hopefully it will sound like you were sitting in a real aircraft

Hello Finn,

ingenious screenshots! - Congrats!

When can we expect the first screenshots of the ND?

And furthermore: the panel looks very three-dimensional because of

the amount of 3D-elements and slight shadows. Great work!

(But i noticed that the shadow of the gear-lever always stays in the

"up"-position. Is there a way to "link" this shadow with the real

lever-position?

Sorry if this is nit-picking or if this is part of the "work in progress".)

Maybe it´s an option for your aerosoft 2012 sim to have shadows depending

on the light-source.

Regards,

Timo

This is indeed very nice but the VC textures and overall feeling seems less sharp than the airsimmer one (knobs and buttons textures....) Tell me I am wrong...

This is indeed very nice but the VC textures and overall feeling seems less sharp than the airsimmer one (knobs and buttons textures....) Tell me I am wrong...

Note !!

We are still speaking of work in progress. Also note that these are screenshots taken by me - something I´m not very good at :)

Finn

This is the first time I have posted on this forum but the VC cockpit - which is wonderful - seems to have two loc buttons - shouldn't the right one be appr? Or am I missing something?

Richard Pain

Yes, the external model will be 5 times more complex then FS2004 could handle and the VC at least 4 times too complex for FS2004. Internally we do not do FS2004 aircraft anymore because the limitations are just to great.

[/quote/]

just curious, but i know that the captain sim 757 was and is fs2004 compatible, and it pretty well of the charts graphic-wise, so what exactly makes the cockpit so much more complex?

(im an fsx user but im just curious on what kinds of things are going to be more taxing on systems) B)

and lookin forward to the release. so far there isn't an airbus model that meets my graphic standards ;)

• Aerosoft

Airsimmers asked us (by means of a legal letter from their legal department no less!) not to compare their Airbus with our Airbus. Not even when I seriously applaud what they done in modeling within the 1994 limitations of FS2004 (great stuff), not even when asked by users. You make up your own mind with that info. See the images here.

Now how do I get that smug grin from my face?