Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Guest inbrekers1

The A321 looks great! I hope the 320 will be in the same amount of detail. But I don't think it has been discussed here yet but how are the sounds going? And will you add different sounds for different engine types?

Mathjis - First - the new screenshots of the a321 looks great!!

Can you reveal what "not initially time for" is? I still hope that it'll be a bit more advanced FMGC with terminals :)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

The A321 looks great! I hope the 320 will be in the same amount of detail. But I don't think it has been discussed here yet but how are the sounds going? And will you add different sounds for different engine types?

Right now we are defaulting to the CFM's for the engines in the most powerful versions. There will be a full FSX compatible sound set (with cones etc) plus a serious amount of sounds for the VC environment using Aerosoft Sound Control. So the tray table will make the correct sound etc.

• Aerosoft

Mathjis - First - the new screenshots of the a321 looks great!!

Can you reveal what "not initially time for" is? I still hope that it'll be a bit more advanced FMGC with terminals :)

Listen, this is a project directly intended at people moving up from the default FSX aircraft. So they will have to learn about FADECs, the hundreds of warnings, doors, APU and too much else to mention that's not included in the default aircraft. But we simply will not add a very accurate FMGC to this aircraft as it is just not in the product idea we got. Now that said, this is something we call a base product. The same model will be used for FSX, AFS2012, AS3 and for some professional projects we are working on. So I am pretty sure we'll have a more complex version somewhere in 2010. There is a market for the more complex systems, even though it is far smaller then the market for a more accessible project.

Until that time, why not check out Airsimmers? They aim directly at a more complex market, and thought they got some problems I am sure they will be able to get a model to bite your teeth in very soon.

• Aerosoft

... Please make sure the aircrfat is compatible with FSUIPC registered versin as well as th Logitech G940 control system...

Good luck and .... Ican't wait for this new bus !!

Don't worry. Where ever possible we'll use default FSX standards.

I'm assuming you will have wing views on the Bus. Is there anyway we could see a pic of what the wingview's gonna look like? A lot of developers make great aircraft, but their wingviews end up looking horrible. Or can we at least be told that there will be a realistic one?

thanks,

-matt

• Upvote 1

I'm assuming you will have wing views on the Bus. Is there anyway we could see a pic of what the wingview's gonna look like? A lot of developers make great aircraft, but their wingviews end up looking horrible. Or can we at least be told that there will be a realistic one?

thanks,

-matt

Hi Matt!

What details you would regard as necessary for a good looking wing view?

• Aerosoft

thanks,

-matt

You mean apart from being the pilot flying and pilot non flying you also want a passenger view. To be totally honest that has got a very low priority on our list. See we really see the core of the products we do on the task of flying the aircraft. Now we know the external means a lot. But to spend serious time on the view of a passenger in a particular seat is not my (our) style. I know some other people made sexy flight attendants and you can open the door of the toilets in some aircaft (waiting for animations and sound on that), but is that REALLY what you want the sim to go towards?

I mean all that code you are paying for in the end and all that code is making your aircraft get lower fps. Would you not rather have we spend that time in something you see as the PF in the aircraft?

You mean apart from being the pilot flying and pilot non flying you also want a passenger view. To be totally honest that has got a very low priority on our list. See we really see the core of the products we do on the task of flying the aircraft. Now we know the external means a lot. But to spend serious time on the view of a passenger in a particular seat is not my (our) style. I know some other people made sexy flight attendants and you can open the door of the toilets in some aircaft (waiting for animations and sound on that), but is that REALLY what you want the sim to go towards?

I mean all that code you are paying for in the end and all that code is making your aircraft get lower fps. Would you not rather have we spend that time in something you see as the PF in the aircraft?

Sorry, I must have mis-worded my question. I am not asking for a virtual cabin, in fact, I strongly hope there isn't one just because it kills performance. I meant, for instance, in the Wilco ERJs, the spoilers simply do not move from that view. In every other view, the spoilers fly up on touchdown, but there is simply no movement when seen from that view. That's just one example, but i.e. like... realistic wear and tear markings on the wings, visible wingflex, realistic flaps. (in some addons, there isn't any flap movement either!)

Thank you, hope this is worded more understandably.

-Matt

Sorry, I must have mis-worded my question. I am not asking for a virtual cabin, in fact, I strongly hope there isn't one just because it kills performance. I meant, for instance, in the Wilco ERJs, the spoilers simply do not move from that view. In every other view, the spoilers fly up on touchdown, but there is simply no movement when seen from that view. That's just one example, but i.e. like... realistic wear and tear markings on the wings, visible wingflex, realistic flaps. (in some addons, there isn't any flap movement either!)

Thank you, hope this is worded more understandably.

-Matt

I know what you mean, its just the camera view over the wing that you are after but with all the animations, like the camera view of the landing gear so you can see the gear animation etc?

I know what you mean, its just the camera view over the wing that you are after but with all the animations, like the camera view of the landing gear so you can see the gear animation etc?

Haha yeah, sorry I didn't clarify before. thanks.

Good morning Mathijs,

thanks for the recent screenshot - the aircraft looks very smooth and detailed!

Can you already say something about the planned included liveries?

(Will there also be a Lufthansa livery if this project is a cooperation with Air Berlin?)

How is the progress of the interior visuals and systems, especially the ND?

Will the night lighting (panel lights, flood light, light cones on the panel) be dimmable?

Sorry for so much questions in one post...

Thanks and regards,

Timo

• Aerosoft

Oh boy, now I've done it...

Airsimmers send us a very official and legal document saying that we are unfair, are not allowed use images from the Airsimmers website to compare their aircraft with ours etc.

Not even when a customers writes that the airsimmers VC looks better and I like to reply to that.

Not even when I complement Airsimmers for doing a great job in working within the limitations of FS2004 (done so many times, right?),

not even... well not at all. So the offending images have been removed from the post.

Now you might think Airsimmers would be busy enough, but clearly they seen this issue in a whole different light. Rather unfortunate, but we most certainly will not want to be the reason they are not successful in business so we have removed the images they found offense and sincerely apologize for using images they used to show the quality of their product. Now I will remove all text on this topic relating to Airsimmers because that is what they seem to like. I just checked and there was in my opinion not a bad word there. Mostly compliments and occasionally I even defend them (for instance saying that I am sure they will solve the issues and make a great bus etc). But hey if they want it removed, I'm glad to do so. So please do not post screenshots of the Airsimmers airbus here, in fact it's best not to discus their aircraft at all here.

At the same time, dear readers, understand we got no such issues, feel free to use the images we post in any way you like. In the mean time do not be offended if your posts here has been removed, not even if it was positive about Airsimmers (as many were of course).

• Upvote 5