Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Hello, can someone please explain to me, or show me what this 'new wingflex' business is. Wingflex is a huge thing that most addons are missing, or do not have enough of, and I'd love to see this new way of developing wingflex or whatever that I have heard of on this forum.

thanks,

Matt

The new winflexsystem was developed for an open class sailplane "Nimbus4M" and as a "prototype" first tested in the Discus glider.

Compared to the microsoft standard wingflex, my system behaves like real wings. They react on g forces and their own weight.

Of course it is not that much needed in an airliner like in a glider, because you normally don't fly maneuvers, but it enhances the depht of realism, and well be implemented.

With this system it is even possible to let the wings flex assymmetrically while deflecting ailerons. (Dunno, if you can see this on any airliner, but on hughe gliders)

So the new system is really a new system. Not too easy to use for the developer but the effect is great.

watch this videos:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=95

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=96

best regards

Joachim

So we shouldn´t blame other "colleagues" for stating missing things, but for a needless (and still impossible) comparison with other products

and for the wrong "tone".

Timo

Timo I meant more the other post from a fellow forum user

about a blank livery instead of an early one of Air Berlin lol

As for product improvement they have a beta team and development team for that as it should be ;-)

This is just a nice gesture to show the progress done, don't underestimated the

development teams and how a product is build ;-)

Just enjoy the process of a product being buildup and to interact with the development team and maybe ask questions...

Cheers,

André

The new winflexsystem was developed for an open class sailplane "Nimbus4M" and as a "prototype" first tested in the Discus glider.

Compared to the microsoft standard wingflex, my system behaves like real wings. They react on g forces and their own weight.

Of course it is not that much needed in an airliner like in a glider, because you normally don't fly maneuvers, but it enhances the depht of realism, and well be implemented.

With this system it is even possible to let the wings flex assymmetrically while deflecting ailerons. (Dunno, if you can see this on any airliner, but on hughe gliders)

So the new system is really a new system. Not too easy to use for the developer but the effect is great.

watch this videos:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=95

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=96

best regards

Joachim

WOW! That is really great! Thanks for the quick reply.

-Matt

Hello Joachim,

will there be a visible wingflex or rather "wingtip-movement"

while taxiing like on real airliners?

To be honest, no idea.

I had the idea to do such a wingflex system, and Finn and me developed it together, but I don't know how Stefan will build it it.

you can setup a few parameters.

I know, it is possible, and I am pretty sure, that he will do it.

WOW! That is really great! Thanks for the quick reply.

no problem :D

Joachim

Hello,

I was just thinking last night.... could you guys at Aerosoft offer us a free link to your former Aerowings Airbus to make us wait... even though the aircrfat was made for FS2002/2004, I am sure the basic flying functions would work in FSX and I believe that would be a fun think to do.... flying the old one for free while waiting for the new wonder ! You may tell me that the Eurowings ones doesn't have any systems workable in FSX but I would'nt care... that would be just for flying for fun and I believe it would be a good way to see at least visual improvements...

What do you think of my idea ?

Thanks,

Greg

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

so what are the latest news? is it possible to see boxed airbus under the christmas tree? or does it take more time to make it possible? grettings ;)

Well I had the opportunity to get a presentation of the bus by Mathijs himself during the Paris simulation show... it is very impressive !!

Ultra sharp, ultra smooth VC, it blows away any VC I have seen so far... and it is sooooo smooth, the VC was running at 60 fps at Lelystad. Of course the ND wasn't finished so the final fps should a little lower, but it was still breathtaking...

It is clear that Aerosoft has a winner in their hands here, and will sell many copies to the broader audience !

My only hope is that they'll do a little more advanced version where we can have direct input on the flightplan ;)

Deniz

Hello AngelsandAirwaves,

Normally its the download release first then iron out any issues that may be found by the hoards and then when these are fixed then its normally the boxed version so looking at the time till Christmas and getting the boxed version!

• Aerosoft

Hello,

I was just thinking last night.... could you guys at Aerosoft offer us a free link to your former Aerowings Airbus to make us wait... even though the aircrfat was made for FS2002/2004, I am sure the basic flying functions would work in FSX and I believe that would be a fun think to do.... flying the old one for free while waiting for the new wonder ! You may tell me that the Eurowings ones doesn't have any systems workable in FSX but I would'nt care... that would be just for flying for fun and I believe it would be a good way to see at least visual improvements...

What do you think of my idea ?

Thanks,

Greg

Sorry that's not possible for several reasons.

Hello!

Sorry for my questions but I don't want to read all 28 pages of this thread:

I am a cockpitbuilder and still on the search for the perfect flight model. So would this airbus be a solution for homecockpitbuilders, too? That means using the flight model without the panel? According to this: Do you simulate fly by wire (not the default one in the FSX A321)?

Thanks for information,

Christoph

Hello Mathijs,

1) do you have any plans to implement a "paper-less cockpit" in your airbus

by offering checklists, speed-tables or charts etc. on a virtual laptop like in the real airbus?

2) will you maybe add some missions to your airbus?

3) How is the progress of the ND?

Thanks and regards,

Timo

• Aerosoft

According to this: Do you simulate fly by wire (not the default one in the FSX A321)?

Okay, I'll bite... Apart from the silly engines and the lack of a FADEC system what you think is wrong with the default FSX Airbus FBW implementation?

I hope it´s ok to come back to the real topic...

Mathijs, a few month ago you wrote:

"...As we got deals with companies like Air Berlin for marketing ..."

What do you mean by that?

Will there be anything "air berlin special"? Maybe missions? Maybe airports?

Is the professional part of this airbus-project dedicated for

the air berlin flightschool?

BTW, I hope your injured developer is well again...

Thanks and regards,

Timo

• Aerosoft

I hope it´s ok to come back to the real topic...

Mathijs, a few month ago you wrote:

"...As we got deals with companies like Air Berlin for marketing ..."

What do you mean by that?

Will there be anything "air berlin special"? Maybe missions? Maybe airports?

Is the professional part of this airbus-project dedicated for

the air berlin flightschool?

BTW, I hope your injured developer is well again...

Thanks and regards,

Timo

I can not say who the professional aspect of the project is for at this moment. Let's say that a lot of maintenance crews will be seeing the model in 2010 ok? There is good demand for these kinds of models and we are sure it's going to end up in a few more sims (can you read AFS2012 here?)

The people of Air Berlin are good friends, they are just a few hundred meters from our HQ and they helped us in every way. So our models are foremost based on how their pits looks (every airline has got it's own little tweaks here and there). But also we got a lot of help from Air France, just last weekend I spend three hours with some major Air France training pilots guys going over the VC and letting them test the way our bus enters corners and captures altitudes. Some complex things there. That's all not stuff you see in numbers, but I assure you the pilots sure told us what we got wrong. I'll give you one example of a small thing. In Paris last week I spoke to a Airbus pilot who was handling the handing over to customers of new Busses. He noticed one nasty bug in the overhead but more importantly he told me that almost ALL models are send out with the sheepskin seat covers. You never see those in the official images and seldom in the photo's on the major sites (airliners.net etc). Yet something like 75 to 80% of Airbusses got that (free!) non standard item. So we'll try to include that. That's the level of work with Air Berlin and Air France. With Air Berlin it's official for sure, will be on the box.

Now some news. This afternoon we decided to change the project a bit (or more then a bit). . Instead of one box with an A321 and holiday airports, we'll not have two products. One with an A321 and A320 and one with a set of holiday destinations. The scope of the projects has not changed, we are not aiming for the nerds and the freaks but for people who like seriously good looking things that are accurate in systems and setup but do not require 500 pages of manuals. AKA, tuned to the way I personally like big aircraft, lol.

Stefan just send me some images of work done the last few days. They are from 3dMax and not FSX, and keep in mind FSX shows these models better then 3dMax. But it is good to see the level of small detail being added right now. Don't comment on the position of the logo on the belly etc. all things being handled. we are now at 93.895 polygons and 49.620 vertices for the external model (so without the VC). Keep in mind that FS2004 could only handle up to 64.000 polygons combined. We love the freedom FSX gives us!

Btw, if you are worried about fps, don't be. Think Catalina.

post-43-125995202385_thumb.jpg

post-43-125995202731_thumb.jpg

post-43-125995203373_thumb.jpg

post-43-125995203961_thumb.jpg

post-43-125995204409_thumb.jpg

post-43-12599520486_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hello all, just a tiny question, with the Airbus being a longer flight than most aircraft I have, will it be possible to save a flight but still maintain all the FMGC information and GPS information? Basically save the flight and return with every system and switching intact? I know saved flights with FSX default and some other add-ons this isnt possible, it wont be very often I could make a non-stop flight for 3 or 4 hours continuously so the save 'flight option' would be of great benefit to me  :D

I can not say who the professional aspect of the project is for at this moment. Let's say that a lot of maintenance crews will be seeing the model in 2010 ok? There is good demand for these kinds of models and we are sure it's going to end up in a few more sims (can you read AFS2012 here?)

The people of Air Berlin are good friends, they are just a few hundred meters from our HQ and they helped us in every way. So our models are foremost based on how their pits looks (every airline has got it's own little tweaks here and there). But also we got a lot of help from Air France, just last weekend I spend three hours with some major Air France training pilots guys going over the VC and letting them test the way our bus enters corners and captures altitudes. Some complex things there. That's all not stuff you see in numbers, but I assure you the pilots sure told us what we got wrong. I'll give you one example of a small thing. In Paris last week I spoke to a Airbus pilot who was handling the handing over to customers of new Busses. He noticed one nasty bug in the overhead but more importantly he told me that almost ALL models are send out with the sheepskin seat covers. You never see those in the official images and seldom in the photo's on the major sites (airliners.net etc). Yet something like 75 to 80% of Airbusses got that (free!) non standard item. So we'll try to include that. That's the level of work with Air Berlin and Air France. With Air Berlin it's official for sure, will be on the box.

Now some news. This afternoon we decided to change the project a bit (or more then a bit). Instead of one box with an A321 and holiday airports, we'll not have two products. One with an A321 and A320 and one with a set of holiday destinations. The scope of the projects has not changed, we are not aiming for the nerds and the freaks but for people who like seriously good looking things that are accurate in systems and setup but do not require 500 pages of manuals. AKA, tuned to the way I personally like big aircraft, lol.

Stefan just send me some images of work done the last few days. They are from 3dMax and not FSX, and keep in mind FSX shows these models better then 3dMax. But it is good to see the level of small detail being added right now. Don't comment on the position of the logo on the belly etc. all things being handled. we are now at 93.895 polygons and 49.620 vertices for the external model (so without the VC). Keep in mind that FS2004 could only handle up to 64.000 polygons combined. We love the freedom FSX gives us!

Btw, if you are worried about fps, don't be. Think Catalina.

Hi Mathijs,

Even though I know this is all preview and you may already have planned to implement the following, I noticed that the little yellow rings were missing on the wings and the 45° external view gives less impression of the airframe thikness that the airsimmer model...I mean that when you look at the airsimmer one, you see the window thickness and have a real impression of the airframe thickness..

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Mathijs,

thank you for your comprehensive answer!

When i look at this screenshots, i have to say: WOW, just WOW.

On my mediaeval PC, the catalina runs clearly smoother than the Wilco bus,

so i´m really looking forward to sit down in your sheepskin seat covers...

Merry FSX-mas!

Timo

PS: Did you notice that the airbus topics (all 3) have already 37 pages?

That doesn´t happen very often in the "not yet released" forum...

PS: Did you notice that the airbus topics (all 3) have already 37 pages?

That doesn´t happen very often in the "not yet released" forum...

Honestly what I noticed was the 110,000+ Views in this thread alone.. yet the conversation seems limited to only a handful of folks. And I agree, the new renders look SWEET! and with the AA/AF and lighting + a free airport, I bet it looks 100x better :)

• Aerosoft

Hello all, just a tiny question, with the Airbus being a longer flight than most aircraft I have, will it be possible to save a flight but still maintain all the FMGC information and GPS information? Basically save the flight and return with every system and switching intact? I know saved flights with FSX default and some other add-ons this isnt possible, it wont be very often I could make a non-stop flight for 3 or 4 hours continuously so the save 'flight option' would be of great benefit to me :D

Yes we got a special module that allows you to save all variables as they are at that moment. Pretty cool thing actually.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

Even though I know this is all preview and you may already have planned to implement the following, I noticed that the little yellow rings were missing on the wings and the 45° external view gives less impression of the airframe thikness that the airsimmer model...I mean that when you look at the airsimmer one, you see the window thickness and have a real impression of the airframe thickness..

Thank you

These rings still need to be added, you got a keen eye! Not sure about the illusion of hull thickness. It's something we discussed a few times but it's a small effect that needs a lot of polygons.