Aerosoft A-321/320 project

• Aerosoft

I'd like to test too.

My sys:

ASUS Maximus III Formular

Intel i7 860 2.8GHz

Nividia 275 GTX 1GB

4GB DDR3 Ram :)

Depends all a bit on what you are doing on the displays as they will eat up a lot of FPS (nothing can be done about that) but we expect it to be something simular to the F-16 or Catalina made by the same team. Now those were all complemented for being easy on FPS. So we do not expect serious problems. Note I do not claim something like Airsimmers do "And, as if that weren’t enough, we made it all run at FPS similar to that of the default C172". It will for sure be heavier then any of the default aircraft. But as we are using at least ten timesmore polygons that's not really a surprise, hey?

But as long as I see 50 FPS average from the VC and 100 fps average from the external view I think it will be more or less okay. The shots were done on the Lelystad airport we released two weeks ago. We'll loose some as we add stuff and putting the aircraft on a more demanding airfield will loose you a bit more. But it will be fine.

post-43-125907961275_thumb.jpg

post-43-125907961554_thumb.jpg

We got a problem with planning as one of the main persons (Scott Printz) is in hospital after a car accident. Progress on all other parts is good but without knowing when the displays are completed it is hard to say.

We got one other problem as well. In our photoshoot we forgot to make good images if the structure/mechanism that extends the flaps. Its a bit complex to do a new shoot just for this. Is there anybody who's got images or diagrams? I trolled the net a bit but there is nothing really helpful easy to find. Ideally we need images from behind and below (not from above). Free products for those that can help us.

You where looking for A321 extended flap pictures, I have at least one or more shots that you looking for.

How to I send these to you since you have a private e-mail

Darryl

• Aerosoft

You where looking for A321 extended flap pictures, I have at least one or more shots that you looking for.

How to I send these to you since you have a private e-mail

Darryl

Oops.. use support@aerosoft.com and thanks in advance!

Depends all a bit on what you are doing on the displays as they will eat up a lot of FPS (nothing can be done about that) but we expect it to be something simular to the F-16 or Catalina made by the same team. Now those were all complemented for being easy on FPS. So we do not expect serious problems. Note I do not claim something like Airsimmers do "And, as if that weren’t enough, we made it all run at FPS similar to that of the default C172". It will for sure be heavier then any of the default aircraft. But as we are using at least ten timesmore polygons that's not really a surprise, hey?

But as long as I see 50 FPS average from the VC and 100 fps average from the external view I think it will be more or less okay. The shots were done on the Lelystad airport we released two weeks ago. We'll loose some as we add stuff and putting the aircraft on a more demanding airfield will loose you a bit more. But it will be fine.

Thanks for the screenshots, very impressive!

The only thing is the missing third VHF-antenna in front of the vertical stabilizer

and the missing "airberlin.com" logo on the CFM-engines.

But i know: work in progress...

Looking forward, especially since i know now that the FPS will be similar to the Catalina...

Regards,

Timo

Mathijs,

You are scaring me..... the outside model does not really looks as goods as the airsimmer one... ! the nose, texture, no transparent cabin... umhhh it looks worst than than the Wilco one.... please re-ensure me, the outside model will be as good as the airsimmer one ?

Mathijs,

You are scaring me..... the outside model does not really looks as goods as the airsimmer one... !  the nose, texture, no transparent cabin... umhhh  it looks worst than than the Wilco one.... please re-ensure me, the outside model will be as good as the airsimmer one ?

The texture is the last layer to go on and will make all the difference to how the Bus will look because it adds the detail.  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

We got a problem with planning as one of the main persons (Scott Printz) is in hospital after a car accident. Progress on all other parts is good but without knowing when the displays are completed it is hard to say.

We got one other problem as well. In our photoshoot we forgot to make good images if the structure/mechanism that extends the flaps. Its a bit complex to do a new shoot just for this. Is there anybody who's got images or diagrams? I trolled the net a bit but there is nothing really helpful easy to find. Ideally we need images from behind and below (not from above). Free products for those that can help us.

Hope it wasnt too serious Mathijs.

Wish Scott Printz gets better and has a full recovery.

Regards

Mathijs,

You are scaring me..... the outside model does not really looks as goods as the airsimmer one... ! the nose, texture, no transparent cabin... umhhh it looks worst than than the Wilco one.... please re-ensure me, the outside model will be as good as the airsimmer one ?

The Cabis IS transparent and You will be able ro see seats, galley etc.

All 4 cabin doors can be opened as well, cockpit sidewindows and the 2 cargo bays.

Finn

Mathijs,

THIS, exactly THIS is why we developers don't like to show images of unfinished produkts.

You scream all the time, screenshots, screenshots, screenshots, and when we show a few, you say, this does not look good... OF COURSE NOT! It is UNFINISHED!

...nothing more to add here...

• Upvote 1

THIS, exactly THIS is why we developers don't like to show images of unfinished produkts.

You scream all the time, screenshots, screenshots, screenshots, and when we show a few, you say, this does not look good... OF COURSE NOT! It is UNFINISHED!

Please dont be put off by the few people who cant see past their own noses, I like to see these photos of work in progress as it gives me and other simmers an insight of how these models are put together and makes the product all that more special when we get the finished product. Not many developers show these various stages and I for one really appreciate it! Its looking very nice by the way, very smooth! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

THIS, exactly THIS, is why YOU developers are not able to link proper communication with project.... a few lines stating "even though the aircraft is painted in AIR BERLIN colors", the textures are far from being finished".

Sorry but if the aircrfat was shown in white like the usual first sho of a project, I wouldn't have reacted that way...

THIS, exactly THIS, is why YOU developers are not able to link proper communication with project.... a few lines stating "even though the aircraft is painted in AIR BERLIN colors", the textures are far from being finished".

Sorry but if the aircrfat was shown in white like the usual first sho of a project, I wouldn't have reacted that way...

This is by far the most dumb excuse I ever read...You think, if the plane has colors, it is ready. Well easy!

If not, did you read ANYWHERE, that this was a release screenshot, or a shot of the release version in a post in the section "PREVIEW OF NOT YET RELEASED PRODUCTS" where everyone can read that this is fully work in progress?

I think, NO. Because nobody wrote something like this.

Read the full thread, and post useful answers, or simply let it be!

Joachim

• Upvote 1

Cassis,

there is no need to be sarcastic!

WE wanted screenshots and WE wanted to see a livery and WE all know that this airbus is in beta- or pre-beta-stage.

So no need to offend the developers! This endangers their voluntary will to keep us up to date with screenshots.

And btw, the communication with the developers on this forum is exemplary. Believe me, i know quite other examples...

Timo

PS: And i´m sure, you DID see, that this aircraft on the screenshots is unfinished. Because the navigation display is missing.

And sure you wouldn´t allow to say that the wilco is better because it has a navigation display.... ;)

May i say, SO WHAT if it is Air Berlin colours, the screenshot is to show the progress of the project,

plain white or pretty pink with rainbows & stars is irrelevant,

what is relevant is the project is moving forward

I remember when captain sim were developing the 727 for FSX, they released the exterior and interior seperatley at dofferent time, it is now sold as a comlete AC (in & out)

Zakk

I wonder how it’s possible to compare the Airsimmer FS9 model and Aerosoft model for FSX??? Airsimmer never showed their FSX projects. FSX has a lot more options for modeling. So it is totally unclear what kind of comparison we are talking about here. Regardless, it is not so important, since the model makes up only 30% of the product. In an Airbus, the systems are what is most difficult to simulate. jason

. sorry but you don't put a livery on a aircraft that is not finished.... it leads to misunderstanding and useful debates like this one...

Why should putting a livery on an unfinished aircraft led to misunderstandings.

Like Joachim said, this is a preview forum. Everything in this forum are related to unfinished projects.

Maybe we shouldn´t add textures to unfinished scenery projects when making screenshots ?

If You want to make this forum a "Find 5 errors", then You don´t understand the purpose of this forum.

Errors and bugs are foremost found and reported by our beta testers, since they have the model installed in FSX and can pan around the model, as well as fly it. Screenshots are simply images never really showing how it exact looks in the sim.

Aerosoft is still one of the very few addon developers bold enough to show screenshots of their unfinished products, as well as guestimated release dates.

Finn

• Upvote 1

Aerosoft is still one of the very few addon developers bold enough to show screenshots of their unfinished products, as well as guestimated release dates.

And please keep doing this too! Most readers understand that previews do not reflect 100% the finished product.

• Upvote 1

And please keep doing this too! Most readers understand that previews do not reflect 100% the finished product.

Of course we will.

But I think, always swollow the crap some people write is not the right way, too.

I am sure, "cassis" knows what I was talking about and he realizes, that he is allone with his idea...

So please everybody back to topic.

Stefan does a wonderful job on the visual part here, -as usual btw.

I am pretty sure, that this will be the most real looking airbus ever seen in FSX.

Just wait a little time, you will se :-)

Cheers Joachim

Why should putting a livery on an unfinished aircraft led to misunderstandings.

Like Joachim said, this is a preview forum. Everything in this forum are related to unfinished projects.

Finn

Obvious this is a preview forum

Who could missed it when you click on the link to access this particular forum lol

The remark made by the other user isn't very mature hence actually the contrary sounds a bit childish.

Every remark on a preview product regarding liveries / missing items

are a waist because it's still in development.

As what you see in this thread some users are going to try find errors on a beta product in alpha or early beta stage.

Hence even a remark over a missing item on an engine texture lol

Cheers,

André

Obvious this is a preview forum

Who could missed it when you click on the link to access this particular forum lol

The remark made by the other user isn't very mature hence actually the contrary sounds a bit childish.

Every remark on a preview product regarding liveries / missing items

are a waist because it's still in development.

As what you see in this thread some users are going to try find errors on a beta product in alpha or early beta stage.

Hence even a remark over a missing item on an engine texture lol

Cheers,

André

Yes and no....

I agree, some comments (even some of my own one´s :blush: ) are maybe a little bit pedantic with the fact in mind that these are preview shots,

but on the other hand, there are many examples also in other topics in the preview forum, where members noticed missing or wrong things

and so could help to improve the product even during the development.

So we shouldn´t blame other "colleagues" for stating missing things, but for a needless (and still impossible) comparison with other products

and for the wrong "tone".

Timo