Aerosoft A-321/320 project

• Aerosoft

Perfect smooth Airbus, Mathijs,

the only thing is that i think the passenger windows are still too big and too angular.

And, the nose-landinggear should be tilted forwards a little bit in the air and on the ground

(to better resist the force-vector at touchdown, which is a diagonal of up and backwards).

Timo

Indeed indeed, those are some if the issues we still have to solve. All work in progress.

Of course!

The progress at this moment is mostly in lighting. Even in full sunlight, at 40.000 feet, many parts of the cockpit are dark as sin because of the light conditions and the HUGE contrast between light and dark. The images attached show what I think is a perfect balance. And still good fps on a very modest machine.

There will be some external images this week as well.

Hello Mathijs

How comes the numbers that are displayed on the glareshield are orange, they are grey on the real airbus.

Progress is smooth at this moment. Here are some images of the external we'll be using, plus one overview render of the VC. The VC is super smooth btw, about 25% better then the Catalina. So you will be able to fly this Bus into the most detailed airports without problems.

Glad to see you back Mathijs! EFIS is looking very sharp! No jaggy's! Looking really really good!

• Aerosoft

hellosmile.gif

Very nice project! I have also a question...

Is it possible with these models to open all doors, like all passenger and cargo doors?

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Yes, though we feel this is not very important (we focus on the pilot seat) , most doors will be able to open.

I know that Wilco has exaggerated it, but

will you add the Airbus typical PTU sound at startup?

(although it is sometimes stated that you can´t really

hear that in the cockpit, it is a very familiar sound

to all Airbus-passengers)

Timo

Numerous A320 flight crew have stated on several fora that the PTU is inaudible on the flight deck...

So, for the purposes of realism, to include the PTU sound as audible on the flight deck would be incorrect. Now, making the sound audible from the cabin only would be a step in the right direction...

Andrew

Hello,

Can you confirm that it will be a see through cabin (from outside, we'll be able to see the other side of the aircrfat throught he cabin (with a proper 3D modelling of the fuselage/windows thikness) ?

Thank you

• Aerosoft

Hello,

Can you confirm that it will be a see through cabin (from outside, we'll be able to see the other side of the aircrfat throught he cabin (with a proper 3D modelling of the fuselage/windows thikness) ?

Thank you

Not sure. It means and additional 3000 polygons or so and it would mean that self shadowing would cause very serious slowdowns. Personally I rather have the shadowing then being able to see into the windows and see the correct window frames and other things you only see when you are very close. Details on the gear etc are far more important as you actually can get close to those being a person of normal height.

• Aerosoft

Numerous A320 flight crew have stated on several fora that the PTU is inaudible on the flight deck...

So, for the purposes of realism, to include the PTU sound as audible on the flight deck would be incorrect. Now, making the sound audible from the cabin only would be a step in the right direction...

Andrew

Lol... every time we do a sound set that is realistic in these aspects we get complaints. Try leaving out flap sounds in an A380 and people say it's wrong, while you simply don't hear them in the cockpit unless the engines are off.

Lol... every time we do a sound set that is realistic in these aspects we get complaints. Try leaving out flap sounds in an A380 and people say it's wrong, while you simply don't hear them in the cockpit unless the engines are off.

Sometimes though it can help to hear those things because not having a co-pilot to tell you the flaps are running to hear them running is maybe the next best thing leaving the pilot flying to concentrate on other things, I always like to hear the skid of wheels on landing just as a clue to let me know ive landed as in the simulator is not easy to judge height so close to the runway!:rolleyes:

Audio and visual clues are sometimes a big help in a simulator though not really seen or heard in the real world.

Audio and visual clues are sometimes a big help in a simulator though not really seen or heard in the real world.

+1!

So please gimme the PTU sound! B)

Timo

PS: A sound that no other developer has ever implemented is the "spool" sound of the

electric seat adjustment. It´s a very loud noise in Boeing- or Airbus-Cockpits.

Many addons have adjustable seats, but they all move silent.

Hey, I have a question.

Will there be a support for using the plane together via multiplayer session and "share the cockpit"?

Me and a friend just trying to fly together in an Wilco Airbus via multiplayer and the "share the cockpit" function. But it doesn't work. Or are there any other solutions for doing this?

Greets Marcel