Aerosoft A-321/320 project

• Aerosoft

And sorry for my english!

Never apologize for your English here, if there is one thing that gets you kicked out very fast it is making fun of language of another user. Most people here have English as a second language and it would be horrible if some people would not post if they were afraid of being made a fool.

For now it will be a A321, that's a big enough project the way we do it. But it is not too hard to make it into a 330 of course.

Thanks Mathijs,

Surely it is not a small work you are currently doing.

Hope only it will not take too long to go to the A330.

Pls keep us informed if plans become more definite about this.

Thanks,

Ourgas

Mathijs,

One thing I did not fully understand... Can you confirm at this point that we won't be able to change the flight plan within the FMGC if, say, an online controller gives us a "direct-to" or another STAR for example ?

Or maybe I understood it all wrong ! (which is possible ;) )

Deniz

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

One thing I did not fully understand... Can you confirm at this point that we won't be able to change the flight plan within the FMGC if, say, an online controller gives us a "direct-to" or another STAR for example ?

Or maybe I understood it all wrong ! (which is possible ;) )

Deniz

We are not 100% sure about that at this moment.

• Aerosoft

Does it have about the same level of detail, system wise as the PSS airbus?

I would not know, I have never actually seen the PSS one. As I said before here, I hardly look at other peoples projects when we start on something, makes little sense as I rather use the input we got from the market research and our own idea. Not trying to sound arrogant but we got our own ideas and we think they are pretty good!

When we get closer to release we'll be able to give a list with what we included.

For now it will be a A321, that's a big enough project the way we do it. But it is not too hard to make it into a 330 of course.

Only the A321???

I hope not (I love the A319 and A320 :blush: )!!! :D

• Upvote 1

The night lighting is the best ive seen! Its going to be a pleasure flying this Bus at night! The surface textures on the panels are still there under the flood lighting, now thats what i call attention to detail! Just out of interest whats the airport in the background?

Saturday evening build, always a major step...

We love the security screen, of course you can toggle that on and off.

Hi Mathijs,

Congrats... this is the nicest airbus ever made ! Do you confirm that all switches in the VC will be operational ?

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

Congrats... this is the nicest airbus ever made ! Do you confirm that all switches in the VC will be operational ?

I don't know if this will be the nicest airbus ever, but we sure intend to make it the best looking Airbus VC. And as we got no 2d panels, we will have to make all switches that are needed to fly the aircraft working.

Guest inbrekers1

WOW! I love the VC! It looks so real... But I really hope you are going to make an Airbus A319 or A320 because I hate the Airbus A321... I'ts just to big for its wings and engines... Anyway looking great.

That looks fabulous!

Will you model the upper part of the nose of the aircraft in the VC view as well? I really hate it when you lean forward in the VC and realize the airplane is cut-off right beyond the front window frame. And please don't forget the wipers. Thank you for the preview.

• Aerosoft

That looks fabulous!

Will you model the upper part of the nose of the aircraft in the VC view as well? I really hate it when you lean forward in the VC and realize the airplane is cut-off right beyond the front window frame. And please don't forget the wipers. Thank you for the preview.

Don't worry about the wipers. But do keep in mind that ANY bit you could see from the VC is loaded and calculated all the time in the VC. If it is hidden from view by another structure it is loaded and then the GPU decides it should not be shown. For every single frame! But anything you could see from your seats, with your belts on, will be okay.

But again, other developers include toilets etc, we will not. As with all our projects we put all our effort in what the pilots sees when he is at work, not when he is taking a leak or taking a walk in the cabin.

That looks fabulous!

Have you ever been in an A320 cockpit?

Your head will scratch the switches on the overhead-panel

if you want to see the nose...

Timo

Have you ever been in an A320 cockpit?

Your head will scratch the switches on the overhead-panel

if you want to see the nose...

Timo

Thats right. You must really crawl almost onto the glareshield to see the nose.

When sitting in normal cruise position you never get a spot on the nose.

Hi,

I am not sure if the following question is already covered in this airbus topic.

Will the FMC data be updatable? From Navigraph?

Also it seems that work is progressing rather well (and it really looks fantastic, congrats). Does this allow for any more specific release time frame?

Thank you,

Christos