Aerosoft A-321/320 project

• Aerosoft

About my idea with the Brakes: I mean the Wheel brakes!

would be nice if you can hear them when you are rolling...

Could you explain then a bit more? I've been in the cockpit of a 321 when it landed on a short runway and near max braking was applied. I heard a lot of noise from loads of things but I could not say any of that was the brakes. There was a moment if stutter as the anti lock system released got in action but that was a movement more then a sound.

All a lot like in a car, when you hear the brakes there's is something wrong.

Could you explain then a bit more? I've been in the cockpit of a 321 when it landed on a short runway and near max braking was applied. I heard a lot of noise from loads of things but I could not say any of that was the brakes. There was a moment if stutter as the anti lock system released got in action but that was a movement more then a sound.

All a lot like in a car, when you hear the brakes there's is something wrong.

I think I know what he means, I sometimes hear the brakes on jets when they are in slow taxi, it sounds like what I can only describe as the opposite to a squeek, a deep tone comes from the brakes. You can sometimes hear it when trucks or buses are revearsing and braking at the same time, sort of a deep vibration sound coming from the brake discs?

The mid and darker tones in the image come near the real thing. The photo cameras mostly trigger their flash automaticly in the cockpit. In fact its darker in there than most people may think that have only seens photos. The interior is kept dark, to keep stress from the pilots eye and colored in cool blue to bluegreytones to make it not to convinient for the pilots. That has psychological reasons, so to keep the attention of the crew up. Warm, red interiors tend people to get tired much faster then in colder environments. So this is the reason for some extreme interior painting in russian aircraft, at least in the fighters and tupolews. Those acid green and turkish.

Well i really characterise what ive seen with my own eyes there. And that catches also the contrast between inside and outside, so too give the maximum on visual feeling. I hope the one or other has the chance to visit the right thing to see themselfes if it really looks flat and bright or decently shaded.

Two images attached, surely still work in progress. The night shots later will also get those flood lights and their beams.

The cockpit in the real world feels much smaller and narrow. But I had to pull up the view angle to 0.3 to get all on the image on that single monitor. Even with those 16:9 format the human sight is 4-5 times wider.

These images look great and not as blue as the other pics, the cabin looks great in all pictures by the way, its just that ive seen so many diferent colours out there I was curious as which was the 'true' shade.

• Aerosoft

I think I know what he means, I sometimes hear the brakes on jets when they are in slow taxi, it sounds like what I can only describe as the opposite to a squeek, a deep tone comes from the brakes. You can sometimes hear it when trucks or buses are revearsing and braking at the same time, sort of a deep vibration sound coming from the brake discs?

ahhh right, stick and slip it's called. The brakes almost stopped the brakes and in most conditions that gets them in a situation where the lock up and release for a while.

Think that can be done, if we use BRAKE ON + SPEED < 3 KNOTS + SPEED IS DECREASING. We'll experiment a bit.

- Flexible wings?

- Real recorded Airbus sounds?

- Wing view from inside (window panel)?

- Working rain wipers?

- Interactive check-list (like Catalina)?

- Cold and dark possibility?

- FSX flight plan loading possible in FMC?

- "Moving" landing gear on landing (hidraulics)?

- All exits opening (incl cargo doors) ?

- Realistic landing lights (and other lights)?

- Vapore trails

This visuals i would like to see ....

• Aerosoft

- Flexible wings?

- Real recorded Airbus sounds?

- Wing view from inside (window panel)?

- Working rain wipers?

- Interactive check-list (like Catalina)?

- Cold and dark possibility?

- FSX flight plan loading possible in FMC?

- "Moving" landing gear on landing (hidraulics)?

- All exits opening (incl cargo doors) ?

- Realistic landing lights (and other lights)?

- Vapore trails

This visuals i would like to see ....

Well frkaipanika, yes to most of that.

We don't think that opening all hatches is so important in something that is a flight simulator (it's not a cargo loading simulator right?) and certainly now if that means adding animation code that drags down framerates by hogging memory. We rather spend that memory on something used in flight. I'm also not sure what "wing view from inside" means but I can assure you that all sight lines are highly accurate. The airbus pilots that help us in this project insisted on that and believe me it is a major pain in the butt as FSX creates massive problems there. It is in fact one of the good things in this project. You see this will be used professionally and incorrect views are just not acceptable. If you mean if we will include 2d views of the wing as if you are a passenger, well no, we are not doing a passenger simulator.

Mind if I ask you to spend a few seconds more to write a real post for this forum and not a list with request at the end? I know this is not uncommon at other forums, but we are a bit old fashioned in these things.

Sorry for my "note" post... I maybe posted that to early so it is not in form of real post..

I tried to remember what i think should be good in addon ..so i just put some notes... and then want to edit post later...

but You were faster to read that..

As making FS movies is my hobby i love good wing view .... very attractive in movies... landing...takeoff ..etc..

Cargo hatches are good for having fun after flight with AES

I dont know for You ..but i like to play around the plane after good flight and landing.. with AES...loading and offloading ..wehichles..buses etc..

I am not the one that will click imidately after lading END FLIGHT ... but i like to taxi to the gates... shut off the engines...power off.. pax disembarking...hatches open...and so on..

Like to play arround the plane for 10-15minutes after landing.

As making FS movies is my hobby i love good wing view .... very attractive in movies... landing...takeoff ..etc..

I am not the one that will click imidately after lading END FLIGHT ... but i like to taxi to the gates... shut off the engines...power off.. pax disembarking...hatches open...and so on..

Like to play arround the plane for 10-15minutes after landing.

I agree completely...the wing view is vital for the complete feeling of the whole experience. Of course this is a flight simulator, and almost all of the action happens in the cockpit, but most of us experience the reality of flight (in an airliner such as this) in seat 21A or something...and while we love the thrill of being the Pilot in Command during takeoff and landing, climb and descent, something critical would be missing for us if we couldn't "nip back" to the view out of the side window, watching the pulsating strobe on the wing tip, or the flaps slowly folding out from the back of the wing. That's part of the romance of flight for me, anyway. :)

Cheers,

Tibbo

Mr. K.

Have enjoyed reading this forum, especially your comments from a marketing standpoint; also enjoyed your interview. As a former pilot( B-52 + 707 + 727 + various light AC) and programmer (I remember your comments about such recently), thank G.. you are NOT interested in the lavs, galley, etc as CS is. Just my opiniion, but I think your concentrating on the front office with excellent visuals is dead on!!! I'm back to the Level D 767 because it WORKS!

Will buy this one as soon as released even tho my preference is Boeing heavy metal (B-52, etc).

If you need a pilot/programmer for beta testing????

Any way, my compliments to your programmers. I have a bit of experience writing 100,000+ lines of code for a US DOD project.

Jack S.

PS I just found on my system(i7920@3.8/ Nvidia 260/ 182.50 drivers+nHancer) that the use of the affinity mask(=14) removed some stuttering based on my slider settings.

How easy would it be to add heat shimmer at the back of the engines? Iv seen the effecton some ps3 games and 360 games where the background is shimmering due to heat!! Would/could this be modled on the back of aircraft, this would ,make fsx look awsome!!!

Hello,

Coud you confirm that this Airbus, on a positionning point of view, will be better than the wilco/pps one and just under the airsimmer one ?... talking of this bloody airsimmer one that never comes, what will it have that the aerosoft won't have ?

Thanks,

Greg

Hallo :lol:

I recently bought Aerosoft Twin Otter and Catalina and Im VERY happy with both of them :)

I am really looking forward to this Airbus and I will definetly buy it when it comes out. My one question is: will the First Officers PFD be like in the real plane where in normal mode it is shown on the outermost display?

Good work Aerosoft team will be following this thread - thank you for remembering the casual simmers ^_^

Good morning all, please could you tell me if the APU with engine bleed will be simulated on this Airbus, also will you have system failures such as hot engine starts, will it have derated (FLEX) takeoff capabilty, with VREF speeds indicated on the speed tape?

• Aerosoft

Good morning all, please could you tell me if the APU with engine bleed will be simulated on this Airbus, also will you have system failures such as hot engine starts, will it have derated (FLEX) takeoff capabilty, with VREF speeds indicated on the speed tape?

Yes, no, yes and yes.

We done many products with failure modes but we found that they are hardly ever used by customers. For some we found they were bugged years after release. Bugs you can't miss, yet no customer ever complained about them. I know they look great on feature lists and that there are customers who like them. We for example have never met any customer that recognized the shock cooling failure we had for example in the Catalina. We spend a lot of time on that, we better would have spend that on something else. So expect limited failure modes. I'll tell you even worst... almost every failure mode was reported as a bug to us in the past, lol.

Good evening! Would it be possible to have 'Aerosoft livery' for video purposes? I would like to make some videos of the Airbus when its released with your permission of course and thought it would be a nice idea to see it with your name on it?

almost every failure mode was reported as a bug to us in the past, lol.

That is quite possibly THE single funniest thing I have read in the Aerosoft forums. Ever. :lol:

Yes, no, yes and yes.

We done many products with failure modes but we found that they are hardly ever used by customers. For some we found they were bugged years after release. Bugs you can't miss, yet no customer ever complained about them. I know they look great on feature lists and that there are customers who like them. We for example have never met any customer that recognized the shock cooling failure we had for example in the Catalina. We spend a lot of time on that, we better would have spend that on something else. So expect limited failure modes. I'll tell you even worst... almost every failure mode was reported as a bug to us in the past, lol.

LOL whats happening to the IQ level? its un-nerving to think that real pilots could be included in the reporting of the 'bugs'. I still think its a great feature of keeping you on your toes when flying, but yes its more important to spend the energy in other ways and on other systems lol.

By the way I thought the shock cooling was something to do with the air-conditioning on the catalina? ;)

• Aerosoft

LOL whats happening to the IQ level? its un-nerving to think that real pilots could be included in the reporting of the 'bugs'. I still think its a great feature of keeping you on your toes when flying, but yes its more important to spend the energy in other ways and on other systems lol.

By the way I thought the shock cooling was something to do with the air-conditioning on the catalina? ;)

Our customers, honestly, are among the best educated in our niche. But what it almost always misunderstood is that the people that write on these forums represent less then 0.5% of what we need as customers for a product. Now we estimate that around 5% of our customers read the forums here (there are on average ten reads to one write). So forum users are often very misguided about the people that use the software as they tend to be the cream of the crop, the best of the best. And only people who feel confident in English will write here (though we are totally allergic to any comment about language, it is just not accepted to make jokes about that as we hope that people who make slightly less mistakes then me also participate). English speaking customers only make up 30% of our customers these days.

We get daily questions from customers who buy our products and only find out at home that they need FS2004 or FSX. We get loads of questions from people who buy the PMDG 747 and then write in to ask what FMGS actually means. People who try to fly the F-16 with the mouse... What you see here are people asking about some FLEX setting on the trust computer or double slots on the wings. Joe Average would not know know what slots or FLEX is. You get the idea, this is not the PMDG user forum where people go who actually know this stuff. We help them, stuff like that is what we pay support for and often these people become our best customers. These people are customers, they paid. But never think that a forum user represents an average user. That's why we smile a lot when somebody is upset and threatens to tell all his friends on some obscure forum about how bad we are.

Now on the other hand, almost any project I have done over the last 4 years has been started by a customers comment or question. And as you see, we are very open about the way we work, showing progress almost daily. We like to do so as it allows customers to get an idea about progress and more important to help us. Not a day goes by or we change something in a project because of some comment. It might seem different, but that's how it is. So do tell us when you see something that wrong or even something you don't like. It helps us make something better.

• Aerosoft

Good evening! Would it be possible to have 'Aerosoft livery' for video purposes? I would like to make some videos of the Airbus when its released with your permission of course and thought it would be a nice idea to see it with your name on it?

You know we never had a good looking Aerosoft livery? Free shopping fro anybody why would like to design a seriously cool looking livery.

Our customers, honestly, are among the best educated in our niche. But what it almost always misunderstood is that the people that write on these forums represent less then 0.5% of what we need as customers for a product. Now we estimate that around 5% of our customers read the forums here (there are on average ten reads to one write). So forum users are often very misguided about the people that use the software as they tend to be the cream of the crop, the best of the best. And only people who feel confident in English will write here (though we are totally allergic to any comment about language, it is just not accepted to make jokes about that as we hope that people who make slightly less mistakes then me also participate). English speaking customers only make up 30% of our customers these days.

We get daily questions from customers who buy our products and only find out at home that they need FS2004 or FSX. We get loads of questions from people who buy the PMDG 747 and then write in to ask what FMGS actually means. People who try to fly the F-16 with the mouse... What you see here are people asking about some FLEX setting on the trust computer or double slots on the wings. Joe Average would not know know what slots or FLEX is. You get the idea, this is not the PMDG user forum where people go who actually know this stuff. We help them, stuff like that is what we pay support for and often these people become our best customers. These people are customers, they paid. But never think that a forum user represents an average user. That's why we smile a lot when somebody is upset and threatens to tell all his friends on some obscure forum about how bad we are.

Now on the other hand, almost any project I have done over the last 4 years has been started by a customers comment or question. And as you see, we are very open about the way we work, showing progress almost daily. We like to do so as it allows customers to get an idea about progress and more important to help us. Not a day goes by or we change something in a project because of some comment. It might seem different, but that's how it is. So do tell us when you see something that wrong or even something you don't like. It helps us make something better.

The comment I made was suppose to be light hearted and reading back on I can see how I may offended, sorry. Ive been simming for just a little over a year now and I too didnt have a clue about aviation at all though always had an interest in it. After spending much time simming and reading and watching all the ITTV videos over and over I suppose Ive become more than the average user and should remember that I too remember a time when I hadnt a clue what FLEX was or indeed the usefulness of trimming an aircraft was. Thankyou for putting me straight and if I can help any users in any way my time is yours  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1