Aerosoft A-321/320 project

...10 mins to align the IRS no thanks! I want to fly it and land it like you can with the default FSX crafts! 

Mr. Kwiss,

Well, I can understand that need; however, aligning the IRS is not really that difficult. But for users like yourself, perhaps, they can create an "average-user model" and an "expert/authentic" version for users like me. That way both user's needs are covered. However, what I'm more interested in is accuracy with systems and functionality.

eg. notice the FD and LOC/GS on the ADI in the actual A3xx aircraft (see pic below). I don't have the AFM for this aircraft but, I'm sure of the avionics conventions of these system is still the same, as it is a standard in aviation as a whole. I'd like to see that at least.

A3xx.jpg

But, this is still a WIP. So, I'm sure that the dev. team at Aerosoft will get it right! :)

• Upvote 1

I for one hope its still for the 'average simmers' :rolleyes: as Mr Kok quoted in the original post! 10 mins to align the IRS no thanks! I want to fly it and land it like you can with the default FSX crafts!

Well, that wouldn't be an issue. There can be an option on the aircraft configuration program or in the cockpit where you could for instance set "instantaneous IRS alignment." For the hardcore simmers, there would be an option "Realistic IRS alignment" or something like that.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs! Yet another question. Will you make the a/c gleaming new or will she be a well worn workhorse. Thanks, and looking forward cool.gif

The one that was used for the photo shoot was brand new! Serious, only a few hours on it.

• Upvote 1

And one of the advantages of being sited at the airport... the babies are just "around the corner" if you need a few more pictures or the logic of some system explained by someone who uses it daily...

This is one to look out for no doubt...

The AS320 is progressing no doubt, but it is going to be a full-on, all bells and whistles simulation from what they state on their site...

Andrew

• Aerosoft

The images I attach to this mail are dangerous. Very dangerous as there will be many people looking at them and thinking it looks okay but not great. They will not understand that this is a FIRST compile to FSX and that only the shapes are very close to what it will be. Everything lacks material, shading, aging and a few texture layers. In the end this will look better then the Catalina does.

So if you promise to look at the shapes and nothing more you are allowed to click the images below.

post-43-124715457145_thumb.jpg

post-43-124715457264_thumb.jpg

post-43-124715457387_thumb.jpg

post-43-124715457481_thumb.jpg

post-43-124715457579_thumb.jpg

post-43-124715457716_thumb.jpg

post-43-124715457848_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

The co-pilot's PFD's are right-left inverted.

Here is a picture of the original:

Please login to display this image.

And here is yours: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=6466

Yes Mr. marf; that is exactly correct... and in FSX the Default B747 has the same problem. They seem to be using the "same" gauges into each panel and that is why it is mis-represented. It drove me crazy when FSX first came out; unfortunately MS never fixed that in their B747; perhaps Aerosoft Will in their A3xx?

===================================================

Mr. Kok,

I promise to look at the "lines" ONLY in those pics for now. ;)

Thanks for the update.

• Upvote 1

Yes Mr. marf; that is exactly correct... and in FSX the Default B747 has the same problem. They seem to be using the "same" gauges into each panel and that is why it is mis-represented. It drove me crazy when FSX first came out; unfortunately MS never fixed that in their B747; perhaps Aerosoft Will in their A3xx?

===================================================

Mr. Kok,

I promise to look at the "lines" ONLY in those pics for now. ;)

Thanks for the update.

Sorry to say, but that´s NOT correct,

you can switch between the PFD and ND by using the "PFD/ND XFR" pushbutton!

So the pilot and F/O can choose if he (or she) wants to have the PFD or ND on the left or right side.

Regards,

Timo

• Upvote 1

Sorry to say, but that´s NOT correct,...

I'm aware of that for the actual aircraft systems; however, the toggle does NOT exist in the FSX B747; which is what I was stating. Almost all MFD displays have that feature in reality; but NOT in FSX. If you are talking about having the aircraft model the actual aircraft's functions then it should include that. However, I was not able to make that modification to the default FSX B747 and it "seems" that the Aerosoft A3xx in development has the same issue, currently. But, I'm almost 100% sure that they will resolve this one, one-way or the other if they haven't already.

Now what's the next topic to argue about... :angry:

• Upvote 2

the ND and PFD have just been placed in the VC photos as reference I think, I can see the photographers fingers and the flash from the camera in the reflections. So it may just well be that the displays have been placed there just to give an idea of what we are to expect and the final product will be the correct way round? Im a visual effects artist for film and TV and sometimes I place graphics in a scene that act as a place holder for the just to give me an idea if im going in the right direction with something and then I replace that graphic later with the right one for finalizing :)

• Upvote 1

Thought you guys were gonna use CRT screens instead of LCD. If your going to use LCD screens shouldnt the text in the autopilot selector thingies be grey?

the ND and PFD have just been placed in the VC photos as reference I think, I can see the photographers fingers and the flash from the camera in the reflections. So it may just well be that the displays have been placed there just to give an idea of what we are to expect and the final product will be the correct way round? Im a visual effects artist for film and TV and sometimes I place graphics in a scene that act as a place holder for the just to give me an idea if im going in the right direction with something and then I replace that graphic later with the right one for finalizing :)

Exactly. Those gauge images were just thrown in. Good eye as to the photographer's fingers! Anyway, the actual gauges will look much better than what you see in the co-pilot's CRT's, or what was posted a couple of weeks ago. The PFD, for example, is much more crisp and tidy. I'm trying to get a screen or two of it to Mathijs for possible posting in here, but not until I fix one little nagging issue.

From some of the comments I've seen already, I'll just say... yep, as Mathijs implied, it's always risky to post "pre" screen-shots... ;-)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

CRAP, so I take it this is fsx only?

Yes, the external model will be 5 times more complex then FS2004 could handle and the VC at least 4 times too complex for FS2004. Internally we do not do FS2004 aircraft anymore because the limitations are just to great.

• Upvote 1

I'd prefer to see a A330/A340 series right now instead of another A320. Airsimmer is all I need...

if i understand correctly this will be a A320+A330 package in one! (and possibly more). i am just quoting previous statements.

Honestly (it's my opinion) I don't want to loose FPS just because we can see through the windows... Anyways, I mostly fly in the V/C.

Again, people start comparing the same product from different developers as if they were aimed at the same market... I for one, have been waiting for an incredibly detailed tubeliner but without the hassle of having to read 100 + manual pages jut to get it ready for take off, and I believe that there are a lot of people in my situation. I'm excited about this project because it represents a product I want with the Aerosoft quality. Please stop comparing and maybe suggesting this and that, when it only adds more complexity to the model. If it's not your cup of tea, don't let us know, simply don't buy it...we have that choice as customers, don't we.

Respectfully,

Jose.

Hi there  Mathijs, will the airbus be able to display graphically on the ND a Flightsim Commander flight plan with the SID/STARs intact? Ive just purchased Flightsim Commander and about to get to grips with the program and what Ive seen so far is that it would be an ideal tool for the FMGS loading. I know you have to meet a greater market in which not everyone has FSC but the option to use FSC and the FSX flightplan tool would be a great thing to have? 

Which airbus aircraft are going to be reproduced in this airbus project, and will it all be one package?

I've a feeling it's been said before, but I forget...

Oh by the way, looking awesome so far, I'm sure I can count on aerosoft for another quality addon...