Aerosoft A-321/320 project

• Aerosoft

Progress is smooth at this moment. Here are some images of the external we'll be using, plus one overview render of the VC. The VC is super smooth btw, about 25% better then the Catalina. So you will be able to fly this Bus into the most detailed airports without problems.

post-43-124695339531_thumb.jpg

post-43-124695339732_thumb.jpg

post-43-124695339948_thumb.jpg

post-43-12469534015_thumb.jpg

post-43-124695340334_thumb.jpg

post-43-124695340531_thumb.jpg

post-43-124695340733_thumb.jpg

post-43-124695340911_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Extremely ingenious!

How many billions of polygons do you use?

I´m looking forward to fly this baby

(on August, 23th, as you promised :P )

The only little negative thing is the "boeing" shape of the passenger windows...

Seriously, great work! If you are looking for a beta- or prealpha-tester...

Regards,

Timo

Looks marvelous. I am by no means an Airbus fan, but with the amount of detail you put into your past products, and this one, I may have to give it a try.

• Aerosoft

will it be VC panel only or will it come with a 2D panel, too?

VC only, there is no way we'll downgrade these high end graphics to flat 256 color graphics. Seriously, we'll provide the view points that will make it look like 2d panels, but right now 2d panels are just to unrealistic for this project.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Extremely ingenious!

The only little negative thing is the "boeing" shape of the passenger windows...

Regards,

Timo

Timo, show me the problem with the windows, could not see it (but I did not spend a lot of time on it!).

Right now this model has around 800.000 polygons. Even FSX could not handle that (FS2004 can handle 35.000 without slowing down and 65.000 max) and we'll got to bring that down to 200.000. Should not be a problem and you will NOT see the difference. If you would see it I would not have shown these images.

• Upvote 1

Extremely ingenious!

Regards,

Timo

Hi Timo!

Im the main modeler of this project.

The windows will be corrected for sure on the final version. Intuitivly i did a shot of it. That shape will surely be caught in the final product.

The VC like it is shown now features around 95.000 Polygons. The Catalina uses around 200.000 in that mode. So much attention is done here to achieve superior FPS.

post-9687-124699102774_thumb.jpg

Timo, show me the problem with the windows, could not see it (but I did not spend a lot of time on it!).

Right now this model has around 800.000 polygons. Even FSX could not handle that (FS2004 can handle 35.000 without slowing down and 65.000 max) and we'll got to bring that down to 200.000. Should not be a problem and you will NOT see the difference. If you would see it I would not have shown these images.

No, sorry, there is no real problem with the windows, i just noticed that the windows are

a little bit "going boeing" because they are a little bit too angular.

If someone like me prefers sitting at the corridor (to watch the stewardesses :blush: ) and not at the window,

he wouldn´t mind the difference between Boeing and Airbus windows anyway. :D

Seriously, i think Mr H. got it in his last post...

Congratulations for your work, Mathijs and Stefan!

Regards, Timo

PS: I will now buy the Catalina, and if it runs smoothly on my middle-rate system, i´m really looking forward to this FPS-wonder-bus...

Hi Mathijs, Would it be possible to add hidden clickable view system like the Realair's Duke 'click spot' as I find this system is great for quickly selecting the 3D panel you wish to work rather than hitting the 'A' key and cycling through the panels until you reach the desired one. With the Airbus being a flying computer, you seem to spend alot of time using the different panel views. Anyway the Bus is looking fantastic and look forward to flying it!

i got one question concerning the amount of the polygons. What would happen if you put a model with more than 70 000 polygons in the FS9? Will it cause a crash or wont it load the model?

Another question as regards to the VC, will there be cockpit relections in the side and windshields? (Hope so) And are those reflections I can see on the PFD?

Another question as regards to the VC, will there be cockpit relections in the side and windshields? (Hope so) And are those reflections I can see on the PFD?

Yep, there will be. The glass is missing right now. Current task is to get all switches, knobs and displays working, so the coders can do their job (injecting the logic).

Hi Mathijs! Yet another question. Will you make the a/c gleaming new or will she be a well worn workhorse. Thanks, and looking forward cool.gif

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs! Yet another question. Will you make the a/c gleaming new or will she be a well worn workhorse. Thanks, and looking forward cool.gif

Good point! I also prefer a cockpit which "has a life"!

I hope the guys of Air Berlin don´t fear for their flawless reputation

if you add some scratches in the glareshield (nevertheless it don´t has to be

like the CaptainSim 727...)

Regards,

Timo

PS: And please add this superduper Catalina-style interactive checklist!!!

• Upvote 2

Ok that cartoon was funny :lol:

================

Mr. Kok,

I'm sure that you've just seen CaptainSim's B767 to be released within the next 24 or so hours. Those systems are almost 100% accurate and with awesome High-res textures. Will this airbus simulate all onboard systems or are some left out, for this or that reason? I would like a really close approxmation because I won't be buying the Wilco Jets; I hope to buy yours.

Later!

:)

• Upvote 2

I for one hope its still for the 'average simmers'  :rolleyes:  as Mr Kok quoted in the original post! 10 mins to align the IRS no thanks! I want to fly it and land it like you can with the default FSX crafts! 

• Upvote 1