Catalina reviewed (and awarded)

• Aerosoft

It's German, but let me copy the conclusion anyway:" Nein, die Catalina kommt nicht in meinen Hangar. ...die darf in mein Schlafzimmer! Das, was die Do 27 von Digital Aviation für den FS9 war, ist die Catalina von Aerosoft für den FSX. Geniale Optik, gepaart mit unüblicher Funktionalität, Systemausfällen, dem Aerosoft Sound System und der interaktiven Checkliste bringen der Cat nicht nur den Award für exellente und innovative Flugzeugaddons, sondern auch das Prädikat eines absoluten „Must have.".

A loose translation is that the reviewer is sharing his bedroom with the Cat. Serious. He likes it. Even gave an award for innovation!

aircraft_inno.jpg

Read the full review here. There is one great image in the review that I want to show you. It's a great example of why we like FSX so much.

imwasser.jpg

Mr. FlyingFarmer,

Any chance of getting it translated into English?

"Nein spreken zie deutsch" sad.gif

Ohh...that would be a week of work for me! Only my poor school-english...unsure.gif

...but maybe a small present...(like a free Aerosoft-AddOn could change everything and force me to take my dictionary out of the cupboard. wink.gif

Greetings, Max

...but maybe a small present...(like a free Aerosoft-AddOn could change everything and force me to take my dictionary out of the cupboard....
OK, Mr. Max!

I'm sure I can ask the "Chief" ... Can't promise anything; but, he's a kind man so, pick something out cause Christmas is coming early this year. ;)

• Upvote 1

I have read the reviews and find the Catalina to be one of those must haves for anyone with a love of the older aircraft still flying, so for me then...

That top image that Mathijs added looks all fine, and displays many of the aspects of why FSX is the way to go in the mid to long term. I recently buried the hatchet and added FSX, and with a little reserve on settings can get a very smooth response. I am currently enjoying a selection of GA aircraft around Germany, Airports and Airfields of the North...

I left a comment at the end of the review requesting info about the test system used and what settings are required for that shot that Mathijs added here...

:)

Andrew

Mr. Max,

...What about my "early christmas present"?

Well, please start by getting your English dictionary out and putting it to good use. ;)

Then, on your coffee break, choose a product you like from the store and let Mr. Kok and Mr. Fletcher know that I'm giving you a "Free" product for all your hard work.

Merry Christmas 2009! :)

=============================================================================

FYI: This is part of the Email I just sent Mr. Kok/Mr. Fletcher.

Mr. Kok/Mr. Fletcher,

...would you kindly give Mr. Max "FlyingFarmer" a product of his choice and bill me for it; because he is one of those good people who works hard to aid this FS community and earns a living doing it....

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

To show you, that I'm not lazy, I started to translate the intoduction. But before I go on, I'm waiting for a reply of Mr. Kok assuring me, that all this isn't a joke and that I'll get a copy of the "Aerosoft Gliders" AddOn, when the text is translated.

You think I'm asking for too much for a single translation? Well, it was your offert! laugh.gif s

Aerosoft Catalina X

Around 1930 the American company Consolidated got an order for a new project from the government. They demanded an aircraft with enormous range, reliability and the possibility to land on water, because fleet observation should become one of its main tasks. Over 70 years later, the software developer Aerosoft started a new project, too. But this time, their customers demanded good modelling, texturing and deep system functionality. Both companies worked at the PBY Catalina and both have done a great job.

But...can Aerosoft's Cat reach the original one? That's what I want to find out in this review.

[...]

... I'm waiting for a reply of Mr. Kok assuring me, that all this isn't a joke and that I'll get a copy of the "Aerosoft Gliders" AddOn, when the text is translated....
Not to worry Mr. Max; I don't make offers like this without following through. You will be getting it either way so go ahead and finish.

Ms Nicole S. (Aerosoft Staff) just contacted me via email and asked me to send her my next Bulk order list in writing; so you should be getting your copy of the Aerosoft Gliders when it is released and I'm buying the Aerosoft Glider too for myself. So both of us can sore in FSX and you get to write another article without buying the product (Good deal; everybody wins :) )

• Upvote 1

Just to let you know, I'm writing. But I think, it'll take a little more time than planned.

I have to look up more expressions than I thought. But it works.

No Problem, Mr. Max! The Aerosoft Glider is NOT ready yet either; I (like you) must wait as well. :)

PS: [RE: Your Article Translation] Take your time and write it correctly... A good translation always take time and effort; so keep up the good work. ;)

• Upvote 1