Piper Cheyenne updated (FSX and FS2004)

Shaun Fletcher

Tigerclaw,

I will on your recommendation go and aquire the Seneca, which devoloper s version did you purchase ?... Just FLights  ??. as soon as you confirm im on the case !!

Thanks for the info.

Neville

County Durham

ENGLAND

Don't buy anything based on MY recommendation lol. But it is pretty good. I bought it from Carenado itself just google carenado.com ;) It has a gps in the VC and by editing the panel.cfg file you can swap the "Audio" panel for the "GMA 340" that comes with the GNS 530, and you can swap the Transponder for the "GTX 327" that comes with the GNS too. Of course you can swap the GPS just as easily. If you have trouble (assuming you decide to buy it after thoroughly checking it out first), I can post the cfg file for you to copy or whatever. You'll still have to run the WAAS config tool, of course, then do the panel.cfg editing after. That is to tell the gps where the trainer is and set up the 530 how you want it.

Please check it out first though, you may not like it. Don't know if I can do this but here's the link Seneca 

I think they sell it at Aerosoft too, but don't know what information you can get from the shop. Perhaps try there first?

HI Guys,

Thanks for feed back ,very much appriciated , on the case now, smile.gif . Pity D/A ar`nt, but will let the matter drop right heremad.gif

Thanks again guys wink.gif

Neville

Hi Shaun,

Aerosofts version is in the hanger aint had time to try out yet had a quick look like its worn used look !!

Tigerclaw,

Any config files and help or step by step on how to get Garmin 530waas installed would be greatly appriciated . if i may be so rude to ask blush.gif

PS my email address is available if you wud prefer to send privately please !

Neville

Sure thing Neville, I'll draft up a tutorial and get it posted tomorrow morning for you. Unless of course Shaun says I can't do that?

I'll do it in a form that you can just copy and paste (if the forum lets me). If I can't do that, I will write the tutorial and post the cfg file. (Assuming the forum lets me do THAT!). Either way, it's easy enough, if I can do it, anyone can :lol:

Hi T/C,

Thanks ever so much for your help its really appriciated . You too Shaun.

Only complaint about plane is its manuals a bit sparce to say the least !! or is that just me ??

Ok its not a airbus or jumbo but still not alot of help if you bought it and your a complete novice. ( just a small niggle ) unless im missing something.

That said its a wonderfull rendition esp the worn used look the plane has inside. (nice touch of realism )

Thanks again guys.

neville

Hey Neville,

Okay I've drafted the tutorial, but it's a bit big to go on here :D . If you PM me an email, I'll email the tutorial and put the cfg file as an attachment for you.

EDIT: Email sent Neville. Hope it all works out for you :) END EDIT:

Hi T/C,

Recieved your instuctions thanks eva so much smile.gif

It real means alot when people are willing to put them selves out, and to alot of trouble too to help a fellow hobbiest,

So greatly appriciated T/C

May i here publicly........ Thankyou for your kind help wink.gif

Neville

Hi T/C

It works a treat T/C ,configured as intructed by your explicit detailed instructions and within 10 mins we were up and running,rolleyes.gif

THANKS ONCE AGAIN PUBLICLY ...T/C

NEVILLE

• 1 month later...

Before replacing the package, I am wondering if anyone can help out with the following issues I am having using the aircraft.

I am having great difficulty keeping FSX running smoothly (or at all) while using any of the aircraft from this package. Each aircraft, while terrific in function and visuals, seems to use a massive amount of memory? In FSX, I am setting the sliders fairly high, regularly getting >25 frame rates on other add-on aircraft (Aerosoft Beavers as example). Here is the setup on my desktop:

Vista Home Premium SP 2

2.67 Gig Core 2 Quad 6700

3 Gig usable Memory (4 installed?)

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT

Do you have any ideas how I can improve the performance? I really like the aircraft package!

Finally, I have never uninstalled an aircraft before from FSX. Quick instructions would be great, thanks!

Paul

Paul

Hello Paul,

You may want to try placing all settings at default first and then set AI to zero.

Then load the plane ands see what you get. Then keep adjusting settings until you feel it may be running a little to slow.

As for uninstalling there should be an uninstaller for it.

Also check your other post for a fix to the Windows Vista "Out of Memory" error.