Piper Cheyenne updated (FSX and FS2004)

Shaun Fletcher

The Piper Cheyenne from Digital Aviation is one of the most refined twins you can fly in FS2004 and FSX. But

like any aircraft it needed a mid term upgrade to solve some lingering issues and to add a bit more

functionality. After a few intermediate updates it is now time to get your Cheyenne back to the hangar and let DA

do the full overhaul. In our shop terms that means to de-install the current version and download a complete

new one from your Order History page. You won't be sorry. Of course if you buy it right now you get the new

version directly. Customers who bought it at other shops should find updates there very soon.

[more..]

Links:[Product page]

Piper Cheyenne FSX

cheyenne_21.jpg

cheyenne_18.jpg

Okay I  looked at the products page, and I must say that I am NOT at all happy!

I quote from that page "These things will not be fixed. (reasons in brackets)

- GPU visible in multiplayer mode (would require a major rework of the model which is currently not possible)"

This is NOT acceptable! You can't go flying this plane, or ANY plane, with bits hanging off it all over the place. That is ridiculus! By refusing to fix this visual problem, you are condemning us to fly this plane in single player only. I don't fly in single player anymore, I fly with friends who have the same plane.

This plane is now usless to me and my friends, and I feel very embarassed to have recommended this plane to them. It cost me nearly £30 less than a month ago, I believe, and I feel totally ripped off.

Yeah it works fine in single player, but FSX is also a multiplayer sim, and this plane should work in multiplayer just as well as it does in single player.

I'm not 100% sure what your policy is on refunds, but under the circumstances, I'm afraid I must insist that I recieve a refund within 14 days of this being posted. The option to refund me is entirely your choice of course, but my future custom, and referals, depend on it.

I won't be ripped off like this, and I hope others feel the same way I do. We have payed for something that doesn't work the way it is supposed to. We should get what we pay for, nothing more, and nothing less. Refund please!

I was wondering about the FS9 CD version owners? I see the update on my support page (where I entered the serial from the CD box). Does this also update the FS9 CD version or is this an install for only the FSX version?

I'm a little confused (not hard to do really).....

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Oops, there was a file missing from this new version (being updated now of course). You will find the missing files here: http://www.digital-aviation.de/files/pa31t/TCAS2v7.zip . Place these files in the main folder of FS2004 / FSX. So that the folder where the main exe is located. Sorry for the problem.

Hi Mathijs,

Is the version in the shop fully updated now or do I need this extra file too? Downloaded at 1746UTC 30/06. Thanks in advance This ones been a favorite for a long time.

Oops, there was a file missing from this new version (being updated now of course). You will find the missing files here: http://www.digital-aviation.de/files/pa31t/TCAS2v7.zip . Place these files in the main folder of FS2004 / FSX. So that the folder where the main exe is located. Sorry for the problem.

Hi, You are not making it clear as to who needs this file (I just bought the product a week ago), what it does and that when extracted it is really two files, and where to exactly put them ("in the main folder" is way to vague for me).

Also I am very disapointed by the fact that you have removed the default GPS. The directions for the new GPS are very hard to understand and using that outer/inner knob is huge pain. I think you should have given people the choice to have what ever GPS they wanted by NOT removing the default and that if you must you should have a very simple way to work the new one with very simple explanations. Is there anything you can do to make the GPS simpler to use?

Other than that the plane is spendid.

Biskit

Volo sim ergo sum

Hi,

1) It seems to me that you forgot (as you did with the Catalina until the update!)to put the sound of the tires on the runway, there is no way it can be this quiet. It is so perfect on default FSX, why did you take it away?

2) Why are the brakes so weak?

3) For my money you could have put a moving map instead of what seems a useless radar.

thanks,

Biskit

Hallo,

within the last days I tried to update / new-instal the Piper Cheyenne.

I have Piper Cheyenne-Down-load-Version FSX and Win7.

When the instal-routin had asked for the licens-agree, there comes the surface with the Serial-N° but it does NOT ask for the eMail-adress, therefor I have the impression that it could be for the Boxed-Version??? oh... I loaded it from "my acount" of the Aerosoft-page.

so, is there someone withe the same problem, or even someone with an idea to solve the situation?

Thanks for all ideas

With regards

Peter Erdmann

Hello Folks,

If in doubt about the missing file then please install it.

If you downloaded it before Mathijs post you can be sure you need it and a few hours after.

But as I say if your unsure just install it.

Really enjoy the Cheyenne in all its versions. I've flown it quite a bit since March, but now when it loads I can't get any but the basic HSI to come up. All the other gauges are "black holes" in the panel. This occurs in all modes. I've uninstalled and reloaded the aircraft and updates several times and still can't get a usable panel. Help....!

Really enjoy the Cheyenne in all its versions. I've flown it quite a bit since March, but now when it loads I can't get any but the basic HSI to come up. All the other gauges are "black holes" in the panel. This occurs in all modes. I've uninstalled and reloaded the aircraft and updates several times and still can't get a usable panel. Help....!

Read this post to fix:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=27187&view=findpost&p=170113

Finn

Read this post to fix:

http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=170113

Finn

Finn.......

Thanks from the other side of the world (Portland, Or.) !! Followed your instructions step-by-step and the Cheyenne now loads beautifully again. Don't know how you figured out the fix, but I sure appreciate the help ! Thanks for your time/trouble.

ron

Okay I  looked at the products page, and I must say that I am NOT at all happy!

I quote from that page "These things will not be fixed. (reasons in brackets)

- GPU visible in multiplayer mode (would require a major rework of the model which is currently not possible)"

This is NOT acceptable! You can't go flying this plane, or ANY plane, with bits hanging off it all over the place. That is ridiculus! By refusing to fix this visual problem, you are condemning us to fly this plane in single player only. I don't fly in single player anymore, I fly with friends who have the same plane.

This plane is now usless to me and my friends, and I feel very embarassed to have recommended this plane to them. It cost me nearly £30 less than a month ago, I believe, and I feel totally ripped off.

Yeah it works fine in single player, but FSX is also a multiplayer sim, and this plane should work in multiplayer just as well as it does in single player.

I'm not 100% sure what your policy is on refunds, but under the circumstances, I'm afraid I must insist that I recieve a refund within 14 days of this being posted. The option to refund me is entirely your choice of course, but my future custom, and referals, depend on it.

I won't be ripped off like this, and I hope others feel the same way I do. We have payed for something that doesn't work the way it is supposed to. We should get what we pay for, nothing more, and nothing less. Refund please!

I'm very disappointed here. I posted this post (above) 2 weeks ago, and not only was it ignored, no one from Aerosoft has bothered to contact me through the PM system either. Is this how you treat your customers? Just ignore them as if their comments and complaints don't exist? Do you think that just because you are on the internet, you can ignore people and they will go away? Do you think that by ignoring someone, the problem will fix itself?

Maybe you are right, maybe I will go away, and you'll lose my custom. No big deal, I hear you say, it's only one moaning customer. But what if other people do the same the thing? How many "moaning customers" would it take to start hurting your business, if they all stopped shopping with you? Your business is built on word of mouth, and reputation. Your reputation is plumiting in my eyes, and I certainly won't be recommending a company that ignores its customers, and won't fix problems with its software!

Hello Tigerclaw,

I do believe that you mentioned this well beforehand in other threads.

I also believe that there isn't going to be a lot to do about it unfortunately unless the eye-candy is removed from the model.

Its more than likely that Multi-player sees the aircraft model for what it is in its entirety and not how you see it after turning the

parking brake off and switching off the external power supply so that doesn't show. Multi-player cant distinguish this difference by the sound

of it whereby FSX internally can so when you look at it its gone, so I dont believe theres a problem with the Cheyenne or others but just

the way Multi-player sees the aircraft when it uploads the model. Unless the model was made basic with no special features then this is going to be an issue.

I bet this also happens with other models that have this kind of eye candy in FSX too not just the Cheyenne.

Possibly even a search of Google might bring up other models. I think it might just be a problem that we have to live with unless

DA decided to make a separate model for on line users. I'll ask Hans about this but please dont be disappointed if they dont.

Hello Tigerclaw,

I spoke with Hans about the Multi-Player issue and he said it was mentioned before they did version 4.

No-one seem to be bothered he said so the model was left as it is with the eye-candy.

Hi Shaun,

I'm sorry Shaun, but I have to disagree with you here. I've just bought the Seneca II and a friend and I have fully tested this issue in multiplayer mode. I'm happy to say that neither of us could see the covers and chock blocks on the other persons plane. This extra "eye candy" works as it should both in single player and multiplayer.

It's a real shame that the Cheyenne has this problem, because if it didn't, it would be the best plane I have. Unfortunately the Cheyenne has been superseeded by the Beechcraft Duke! I like the Seneca, but not as much as the Duke. The Cheyenne now sits in my virtual hanger, gathering dust and corrosion. I'm still very angry, and very bitter at being ripped off by many companies selling FSX stuff. I won't be buying anything in the future for my flight sim hobby, I've had enough now.

Hi Shaun,

I'm sorry Shaun, but I have to disagree with you here. I've just bought the Seneca II and a friend and I have fully tested this issue in multiplayer mode. I'm happy to say that neither of us could see the covers and chock blocks on the other persons plane. This extra "eye candy" works as it should both in single player and multiplayer.

It's a real shame that the Cheyenne has this problem, because if it didn't, it would be the best plane I have. Unfortunately the Cheyenne has been superseeded by the Beechcraft Duke! I like the Seneca, but not as much as the Duke. The Cheyenne now sits in my virtual hanger, gathering dust and corrosion. I'm still very angry, and very bitter at being ripped off by many companies selling FSX stuff. I won't be buying anything in the future for my flight sim hobby, I've had enough now.

Hi Tigerclaw,

Got to agree fully have posted on other cheyenne sites " THE DUKE " is blowing cheyenne out of the sky.

Like you "TIGER CLAW" and prob others ! my Cheyenne sits gathering dust to the tune of 39 .95 euro`s !!!!!. AFTER 3 MONTHS USE .

I agree there has been posts off admin staff explaining the prob with version 4 and the bits falling off !! but before this UPDATE !! HUH !!! bits did not fall off.

If it aint broke why did they fix it ( NOT !!). Ive lost all faith in this lot " THE DUKE " is a true FSX directx 10 plane built for the job runs an reconizes REALITY XP `s garmin 530w

(another £30 worth) If you happen to own its a marvellous piece of software honest, well worth every £ without any hassle of delete this cfg line ! input this !! alter that ECT!!!.

Nah this lot have lost the plot !! which is a shame .Maybe they shud ask "THE DUKES " programers for a few hints and tips !!

on how to fix their now ruined product well on my top end machine it is .

Nope " THE DUKE " for me from now on. D/Aviation need to get there act to-gether PDQ, Pretty Dam Quick... but then why shud they ??? they have our hard earned cash !!.

NEVILLE

You sound as bitter as I am Neville. :) I've got the 530 WAAS no worries there lol. You're right, it's an amazing piece of kit that slots in the Duke without any hassle. I'm putting it into quite a lot of my planes at this moment. Testing each one as I go.

You have to mess with the other cfg files, but I think it's worth it in the end. Some of them are really easy, just replace the original GPS's with the GNS 530 and it slots in the VC no problem. Making the pop-up windows is quite easy too, I'm getting pretty good now lol. 

I totally agree though, the integration of the GNS 530 and the Duke couldn't be easier. Hopefully one day ALL planes will be made this way! For reference, in case you're interested, the Seneca is also a nice plane to fly, and using the GNS in there works very well too.

We had the same problems with the older versions, you could see the eye candy even when you wasn't even flying the Cheyenne. I was flying the Beech Baron and my mate was flying the Cheyenne. He was flying around with the GPU hanging out the front of his plane :D I now have TWO other planes with extra eye candy, (chocks and engine covers) and neither of them have a problem. Don't know what DA did differently, but it doesn't work whatever it is.

I found my favourite GA plane to fly, and it's the DUKE! 

Tigerclaw,

YEAH its a bitter pill to swallow 39.95 euro sitting there "broken" by the developers !!. Thank goodness for "THE DUKE" which I learnt about through the REALITY XP forums,

It kept getting mentioned so checked it out . ITS WORTH EVERY POUND ,DOLLAR ,EURO ,what ever your countries curency is.

Coupled to-gether "THE DUKE" and "Reality XP Garmin 530 W" take the G/A flying simultion to another level . ( You have fell along way behind D/A Cheyenne team sorry to say !! )

I will on your recommendation go and aquire the Seneca, which devoloper s version did you purchase ?... Just FLights ??. as soon as you confirm im on the case !!

Thanks for the info.

Neville

County Durham

ENGLAND