Budapest lighting

JoHubb

I like the FS2004 Ferihegy scenery very much - with AES it is simply amazing. However, I find the night lighting to be very poor. The runways are dimly lit as though by candles - very atmospheric, but no use in Cat3 conditions :o . The lights on the taxiways are dim to the point of being invisible. And whilst there are ramp lights on poles, the ramps are not lit. When I landed there last night it was as though the place was closed.

I have to admit that I did some tweaking with the halo.bmp file to try to improve the default airfield lighting elsewhere. This was a partial success but I eventually replaced my home-made halo.bmp file with the original. All my default airports are back to the original lighting.

Any help will be gratefully received.

John

Hello John,

Can you post a few screenshots of what you are seeing please.

Also keep the co-ords showing on the screenshots so we can see the heading and location. Shift+Z

Thanks. Am away at present. Will post at the weekend.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Shaun, sorry for the delay with these photos.

Runway photo shows feeble lights

Taxiway leading on to runway 13R also with feeble lights

Ramp photo shows lights on buildings and some floodlights cover on ramp area

Gate 63 photo shows planes with logo lights but no ramp/taxiway lighting.

post-25027-124791106999_thumb.jpg

post-25027-124791103481_thumb.jpg

post-25027-124791147056_thumb.jpg

post-25027-12479108669_thumb.jpg

Maybe it is my imagination that these are faint but they are fainter than the default FS9 airports. I did meddle a bit with the halo.bmp at one stage before I installed the Aerosoft LHBP. scenery. These photos were taken with the original halo.bmp re-installed.

Thanks

John

Hello John,

I think this probably boils down to personal preference.

We haven't had any issues on this and the lights seem more than adequate.

As for the aircraft as these AI Aircraft from an AI Traffic program.

Thanks for checking. It is personal preference as you say. It might also be my monitor - I've discovered that it self-adjusts screen brightness according to the lighting conditions in the room. Thankfully I can disable this.

I run FS9. My AI aircraft are a mixture of EvolveAI, Aardvark, PAI and Fruitstand aircraft from way back. I have a few oddball types e.g. Charles Dayhuff Malév CRJs and many sea planes from the WW2 era and before. The Malév aircraft are mostly Aardvark types.

In the past my flight plans were from MRAI, PAI, and enthusiasts on AVSIM. I made some myself e.g. Flybe (UK). Now I use WOAI flight plans for commercial traffic and update as often as time allows. Thomas Molitor's AITM program is old now but indispensable for merging flight plans and aircraft. Sadly there is no FSX version so far.